Old 03-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #1  
Kristen Denece

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'4

Default gym motavation

So far this gym week has been awesome .... till today... i got there and was going good... then about half way threw.... i just totally got unmotivated and wanted too leave it still wasn't a terrible work out 45 minutes of cardio.. but what do you guys do when u need that extra boost??
KristenFlynn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

45 minutes is awesome!
Are you doing the same stuff every day? That would get old fast,
I would recommend doing your weights first some days, to switch it up.
Or even making your own curcit, 5 min tread, 3 min squats, 1 min push ups, minute jacks, reapeating 2 x, make 3 of these and that is an hour workout.
or,
take some classes at the gym.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #3  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Classes have been my savior at the gym!! I was getting totally bored doing the same machines again and again. I got on a new circuit training schedule with the help from a trainer... then i mix up some cardio classes in there. it's helped me stay much more motivated than i have ever been.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #4  
Kristen Denece

I've always wanted to try classes I havent yet But If switching it up means succeeding I switch up things sometimes but I mean you guys know you use the same 3 cardio machines they get kinda boring. Any suggestions for fun ones?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #5  
Kristen Denece

fun classes**
Old 03-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #6  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I tell myself that if I do a minimum of 20 minutes of solid exercise (not counting warm-up/cool-down), then everything after that is a bonus for my body. So, if I want to quit after doing "only" 21 minutes, then I can do that without guilt.

And if I do feel guilty about stopping early, I know I can always make up the time later by going for a walk.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

loud music with a good beat pumps me up every time... i just have to remember to take along my headphones and some energizing music. and also i have to remember not to make it TOO loud, cos i'm really not all about messing up my hearing.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #8  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Cardio Kick Boxing is fun -
If your gym has a Cardio/Sculpting class - those can be fun too.
Yoga is good - it won't give you a cardio workout, but it is very relaxing - might get you in the right mind set to go do some cardio.
Lots of gyms have spinning classes (FYI : that is a class done on stationery bikes) but they can be intense classes.
Aerobics can be fun
most gyms offer these as part of the membership - try them all and see what you like!

When I get bored - I stop and go do something else. Do not 'force' yourself to do an exercise that is boring - it makes it too hard to stick with it.

Don't forget - it's spring! We can start getting back into things like canoeing, walking, hiking, bicycling, volleyball, baseball, swimming, etc.!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #9  

I quite like yoga. If you can find what they call high impact yoga (aka ashtanga or vinyasa ) that can be a lot of fun. And man, do you sweat in those classes! I've also found palates classes to be quite fun as well.
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

**** yeah yoga can be an ***-kicking!!

i just read this thread after having EXACTLY the kind of workout you're talking about, Kristen. 20 min on the elliptical, 6 strength exercises, and I just couldn't bring myself to do the rest. Like applecheeks, I tell myself I've done good if I've done a half hour, so i'm pretty guilt free. For me, I could not continue bc I'm SUPER emotional and often bust into tears at the gym! So crazy.

As for classes, I like Bosu classes (done on a half a stability ball) because I get a kick out of how often I fall off the ball. Plus it is a really good workout.

Good luck!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:39 AM   #11  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I always go with the "something is better than nothing" point of view too. Some days you are going to lose motivation and I think you need to just accept it. But if its something that happens with any sort of frequency then definitely look at changing what you do. And seriously classes are great for that bit of a push. Days where I am lacking motivation I will go to a class because then I know that its an hour, there is someone there to push me and usually they are fun.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote