Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #1  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Default For those that love the C25K

Whenever I go a long period of time without running, I always start back with the couch to 5k training schedule. I know many others on here like the c25k here too.

I was searching around iTunes podcasts and found this guy who made podcasts for each week of the c25k... there is some techno-ish type music and he tells you when to run and walk. I've always hated looking at the stopwatch on my ipod to figure out when to run and walk, it always kind of drove me nuts... now I won't have to!!!

I highly recommend it!

Hopefully I'm not telling you all something you already know lol

The podcast is called "Podcasts for Running"...
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I noticed those too! I'm not sure how I stumbled across them but saw that they were there. Is it all kind of techno music? I haven't actually downloaded them because I always think about it at work where I don't have my iPod... but I was wondering about the music. Not sure how I'd feel being forced to listen to someone else's music Though the timing cues seem key...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #3  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

I haven't listened to all of them, but they do all seem to be kind of techno-ish... which is definitely not my choice of running music, but sometimes I get so sick of looking at the clock!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

They're talked about quite a bit in the exercise forum on the C25K thread. Personally, I prefer my own music to the techno stuff but having the intervals fed right to you is kind of nice. Thus far, I haven't used the podcasts even though I downloaded them.

BernerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I downloaded the first few, but couldn't get over the music. Also, sometimes I really like running without music, listening to birds and bugs and the wind in the trees and whatnot (all my other hobbies are indoors, so it's a nice change). But it sure would make it easier sometimes!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #6  

Julie,
Thanks for pointing these out. I've been a runner on and off for years (currently off) but have started thinking about starting up again although I'm a bit worried about my PF.

Anyway, the worst part of C25K was setting my watch to beep at the appropriate intervals AND to keep my music low enough so that I can hear my watch.

These downloads will solve both problems. I don't think I'll mind the techno music. When I workout on the treadmill or elliptical I prefer dance/techno kinda music. I need the driving beat and I'm hoping that what these have.

I downloaded them and am going to start the program in April

Thanks again!!
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #7  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

I used it yesterday, and I loved it! I didnt really mind the music (and I'm the person who runs off the dance floor at the club as soon as the techno comes on too haha)... The music DID get better than what played at first too, so that is good...
It was just SO nice to put my ipod in my pocket and not look at it! I set the podcast before setting the nike + and everything went perfect!