Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #31  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

G'afternoon, y'all!!!!

Shrinking Maybe you can get some pillows and the like to support your back and the like while you're resting? It might help a bit. I think I sleep the same way you do.... do you sleep on your stomach with your legs in awkward positions and the like? I usually hug a pillow to help with the alignment in my back. Most of the time, it helps!

arts Lying is seriously not cool. Maybe you should talk to her about it and just flat out tell her you know she's lying because you saw her? I'm not especially good with confrontational situations, but this does seem like it needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP.

Remebering That does sound cool....are you just mainly really busy at the internships? Or do you get some free time to learn some things about the job field that you're entering into? I'm rather curious about internships, seeing as how I've never had one....

As for me....not too much going on today for me. I have a test in a few hours that I haven't studied for (I'll get to it!) and the like...and I've already told people that I'm gonna have to take the afternoon off from work because I have to drive to my father's house so my brother can take a look at my rear brakes and see if I need to replace the brake rotors or not.....the pads NEED to be replaced ASAP. I'm thinking it'll be done tomorrow, after I get off work, so yay!

Other than that, I'm considering switching to my home scale to weigh in, since I'll be moving soon, and with the weather getting warmer, I'll be wearing different clothes every time I go into my weight loss center...so, yeah. That's what I'm thinking of doing. Any opinions, insights? =)
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

SO last night I was totally craving an ice cream sandwich (skinny cow) but I resisted b/c it would have put me over my calories. Since I didn't have 3fc last night (left my comp at the office) I cleaned my kitchen. Not nearly as much fun as the icecream sandwich...but at least I distracted myself and my kitchen looks pretty good. Still need to mop the floor but it looks better than it usually does (my bf is not with me for my housekeeping skills that's for sure!).

I'm frustrated with the people in our ontario office. I'm trying to arrange a trip out there and NO ONE has gotten back to me. I'm susposed to be flying out on monday and I have one training (out of 5) booked for friday morning.... I'm giving them till the end of day. Otherwise I'm taking a red-eye flight out thursday night, land at 6:30am do my training from 9-1 then take a 3:15pm flight out. If that's the case I will technically spend more time flying then I will actually spend in Toronto. Seesh...at least I don't have to pack anything.

I did buy a GPS system last night. Actually my parents are paying me back, with the interntion that it will be mine, but should my parents ever need it they'll have access. I'm super stoked to try it out and have the voice from the heavens telling me where to go(I'm going to select the male australian voice, his name is ken). From now on Ken will accompany me on all my travels. I hope my boyfriend doesn't get jealous....

Remember oddly enough the soup doesn't seem to take that long. I usually make a back of stock every couple of months and store it in my freezer. Then the actually soup making takes maybe 90minutes and i usually get about 12-15 servings out of one batch. I usually spend one day making a ton of stuff in the kitchen (2 kinds of soup and other stuff) and then freeze them. So it's not to bad. To make it easier my mom and I will often cook everything together then spilt everything. It makes for a nice day with my mom, a little wine and some cooking and we chat and catch up. Towards the end of april my mom and I will make a huge batch of: hamburgers, shish-kabobs, chicken and lamb soulvaki and who knows what else. I'm looking forward to it.

Lizzy I'd be seening more defination if everything wasn't covered by a layer of pudge.... But I am noticing some defination in my biceps and maybe a tiny little bit in my butt. I'm only doing two day a week of weight right now so I'd probably see more if I added a third day I'm sure. However, I'm a cardo junkie and hate weights the only time I do them is when I meet with my trainer. I need to start doing them on my own. Coz I can't keep paying for a trainer twice a week for too much longer. I hope your back feels better. PS I'm a weird sleeper too. I'm usually on my stomach with one arm under my pillow the other under my stomach, and my legs bent at the kness with my feet in the air.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey all,

Didn't get to exercise today. Also, I realized that a lot of the reason for my recent bout with the stomach flu has more to do with psychosomatic stuff than actual virus. I won't get too much into the details, but I'm pretty convinced that the stress going on in my life right now manifested itself in an incredibly intense way into my stomach. So that was an interesting discovery.

Planning on a yoga class tomorrow. And then get to some jogging.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 AM   #34  

Height: 5'

Hey has anyone seen that Paul McKenna "I Can Make You Thin?" It is a new show on TLC, I am not sure if it started yet or not. But he was on Ellen the other day and giving this tricks for cravings and stuff it was very interesting. I was reading advice on his website about eating and stuff and it is pretty good stuff.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I don't know, that title, "I Can Make You Thin," reeks of snake oil to me.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 140/140/115

Height: 5'5"

hi frog looks like we have similiar goals. how has it been going. i am a little nervous that bc we dont have that much to lose, it is goign to be very slow...and frustrating. are you on any certain plan>?
PrincessPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 150/145/135

Height: 5'8"

I actually thought that show "I can make you thin" was good... especially for people who don't have the self-control to stick to a rigid diet. I tried to thinking about what I'm eating everytime I eat it, stop when I'm full and put down my silverware everytime I take a bite and it was hard! I am addicted to eating dinner in front of the tv and have been thinking for a long time that if I just banished eating in front of the tv that I would lose all that bored-eating weight.
estellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #38  

Hey everybody! It's so close to Friday... ahhh!!!

So my mom and sister joined Jenny Craig yesterday. I was on Jenny a couple years back and it worked... BUT it was very expensive, I hated someone weighing me each week and I felt like I couldn't have a life because I always had to eat my frozen Jenny food. Needless to say I stopped and gained all of the weight back and then some.

I am not just counting calories on my own and have found it very effective. Maybe it's because I admit I am an obsessive compulsive list person and LOVE writing out everything I'm going to eat during the week and then keeping track of what I actually eat during the day. As I've mentioned I also don't weigh myself because "the number" was seriously making me crazy.

What do you guys think has been most successful for you (a program, something you do on your own, etc)? Just curious to see what other people do.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #39  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

All this talk about running miles is great, you guys! I know I couldn't do it. My Tae Bo is kicking my butt.

My boys are on Spring Break starting next week.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #40  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i try not to focus on the food/calories i've got an almost 3 yr old that helps with eating mommy's food so i tend to actually get a half of what i make lol. i dotn get much real exersize aside from chasing the kids and wrestling an 11 mo old to change his diaper. he's a very mobile 24 pound baby lol
hopefully as the summer gets here i can actually focus on helping hubby try to lose weight if we're in our own place again(i keep hearing soon....soon soon was in august now we're at later)
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #41  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Good morning!!!! I am SO glad the weekend is almost here...I miss my hubby! My oldest in on spring break next week too - I know we're taking a trip to the bookstore to exchange some books, but other than that, I have no idea! Our weather this time of year is so blah....I wish we could spend the week outside. Even a day or two would be nice. I guess we'll see!

So...I ran 2 miles this morning in 26 min, which is 45 seconds less than I ran it the past two (and only two) times I ran. I'm really feeling so great this week - I can't believe I waited this long to get my behind in gear!!!!!! Seriously!

Have a great Thursday
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I had an EXCELLENT night last night -- did some bonding with my fellow cast members in the musical. I definitely drank...probably more than I should have in terms of cals, etc., but I'm SO HAPPY I WENT!! I was wrestling back and forth with whether or not I wanted to go, but I feel so much more a part of that group now

Lissa -- Having little kids IS exercise!! I took care of a family friends toddlers for a couple of days a little while ago and was EXHAUSTED!

sweettart -- congrats on the running! 45 secs off is A LOT!

cookie -- for me, I'm not on a super specific plan. My only real rule is that in order to eat, I have to FEEL hungry. Like, in my belly. And I take 5 minutes before I eat ANYTHING to decide if I really want it. I try and think about what I'm eating and how it's going to work in my body, and that usually helps me make good decisions. When it's something that's not the best for me, I make sure I take really really small bites so that I'm getting the same number of "tastes" without the high cals. I also tell bf to eat faster and take bigger bites (he doesn't need to lose weight, he runs marathons!) if we're splitting a dessert when we're out.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I'll post individual relies in a bit I just needed to get something off my chest while I was still freaking out. I binged today. 2 large brownies and half a box of mac and cheese (on top of my normally food plan for the day). I don't know why I just did. Maybe it's because its the first time I've been alone in awhile, I'm not lonely I just think it is because I had the opportunity and knew no one would catch me. (I'm not at my sisters and my roommate is gone for the weekend). That's why I came here, I feel guilty, I need to tell on myself. I need to gain control. I feel so bad, my stomach hurts. Badly. Anyways I needed to get that out. No more food tonight.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:07 AM   #44  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

don't feel bad remember...I felt a STRONG urge to binge today too!!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

remember -- binging is painful...both physically and emotionally. I had a REALLY bad several-day long binge a little while ago. Just try and move on -- maybe try and fit in an extra workout? Don't beat yourself up over it...at least you can recognize that you do it! There are MILLIONS of people who binge, and so many of them never admit it. Feel better!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote