Old 03-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #16  

Height: 5'

My spring break starts on Thursday. I am ready to have a week and a half off of school. I need a break I have been so exhausted lately. I am eager to get some morning/afternoon workouts at the gym done. On Mondays and Friday I get out of school early and can get to the gym around 1:30 and that is a great time to go, but the other days I don't get there until like 4:30 or even later and they gym is always REALLY packed. I hate going when it is too packed, so on spring break I am going to take advantage of the earlier workout.

Anyone have any good dinner ideas that are healthy and will feed a family?
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #17  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

We had spaghetti last night...my hubby and my boys favorite!! I used ww pasta (and ate 1 cup = 200 cal/1g fat) w/ 1/2 cup of mushroom/ground turkey sauce. Total my dinner was 400 calories and included almost 2 cups of green vegetables.
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #18  

Height: 5'

sweettart:

I didn't know ww had pasta. I am going to have to look for it next time I go to the store. That sounds like a good dinner, and I know will feed the fam.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #19  

Oops - I use ww for "whole wheat" in my food journal...I wasn't thinking of the fact that it's Weight Watchers on here
Old 03-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all. Not much to report had a good workout yesterday. I'm upto 25lbs for my chest presses on the ball and 35lbs for my wall squats. New personal best for me. I'm pretty proud of myself, consider that in November I was doing chest presses with 7.5lbs and found doing 3 set of 10 challenging. Now I'm doing 12 with 22.5lbs and 8-10 with the the 25lbs! I'm not a weakling anymore!!!! However, I am exceptionally sore this morning. I really can't wait to see what I'll feel like tomorrow.

I finally got all my crazy trips sorted out and things aren't as bad as I thought. I'm only in Ontario from Monday til late Thursday night and Montreal for one night. So I'm not really as stressed as I was a couple of days ago. Still going to be freakin busy (and I'm going to be so sick of flying), but it's better than it was.

Sweettart Congrats on the half mile. I'd love to run but after about 2minutes of slow jogging I get horrible horrible shin splints and nothing has helped them. But I'll keep trying. I'd love to convince my bf to take a dance class, but I don't think that will ever happen! I was surprised that he got me the cooking class. But he LOOOVES to eat gourmet food, so maybe I shouldn't be so shocked... As a side note, the gourment food is starting to show I was looking at him the other day and he's got a bit of a belly going on. He also told me that he thinks he shrunk a shirt in the dryer. We've all heard/said that one before....

Jill I'm so jealous of the new addition to your family! I've wanted a dog for forever, but my schedule just doesn't work. I'm out of town to much and often leave my house at 5:30am and don't get home til close to 7pm. The online classes are done through a fully accerdited canadian university called Athabasca University. They are a completely virtual campus. They offer several undergrad degrees and a couple of grad programs as well. You work at your own pace, complete exams at a testing center and email in all your assignments. Course start on the 1st of every month. It sounded like a good way to ease myself back into school and i can continue to work at the same time.

Stars Congrats on loosing weight while on vacation. That amazing. I hope I can chanel some of that and loose some while I'm on my crazy cross canada work thing...

Lizzy Hope you're feeling better. I know the scale probably won't last, but it's still nice to see isn't it?

Remember How are things going today. Did you make it to the gym? I modified a french onion soup recipe I found in a williams somma soup cookbook. I use equal parts red and white onion (all red is too sweet and all white doesn't have enough flavour) and leaks as well (all the white part and a a bit of the green). I carmelize the onions. This takes almost an hour, but gives it an awesome flavour. I also use a good quality dry white wine. But the most important part is a good quality beef stock. I generally make mine from scratch. I usually roast the beef bones first then boil them with a bit of meat and my spices. I'll leave the pot on the stove on simmer for the better part of a day. IPut the pot in the fridge over night and then in the morning I scrap off all the fat. A good homemade stock is the best.

Arts I hate people like that. I was always taught that if you're going to be even a minute late you call and let the person know. I would never just not show up (I once made a paramedic call my boss at the resturant to tell him that I wouldn't be able to work the lunch shift coz I was on route to the hospital. It didn't even enter my mind not to tell him that i was sick). Good luck with your project. Rehersals still going well?

Sassy Hope you enjoy your break!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #21  

Sweettart Congrats on the half mile.

I'm actually running a WHOLE mile....which is HUGE for me! I haven't had to deal with shin splints so far, but after about 4-6 min my lungs are seriously burning and I feel like my ankles are going to stop supporting me. But...if I make it past about 10 min, it really starts to get easier. Yesterday I looked down and realized I had 6 min to go and was freaking out....I had to put it in perspective - 6 min on 3FC...seriously, how fast does THAT go???? Then I glanced at my time and was like "11 min? Really? I think I could keep going!". My goal now is to run 1.5 miles, even if I have to slow down a little.

And...I've totally said "I think my jeans/shirt (whatever) shrunk" about a million times before

Last edited by sweettart08; 03-18-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Sorry about that sweettart! So let me rewrite that Congrats on the mile!!!!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #23  

No problem...I totally wasn't complaining...just clarifying!!! And thank you again
Old 03-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #24  

I just got off the treadmill - I ran my first EVER 2 miles!!! It took me 26 min 45 sec but I did it! I am honestly in shock. I covered the timer because my hubby said I was driving myself crazy with it and ran as long as I could run...when I looked down, I was just over 2 miles. I can't tell you guys how happy I am!! If I can do this running thing...anyone can
Old 03-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

shantroy -- I'm of the same mind about being late, which is partly why I was so so so so so mad at her!! Today in class she came up and was like "oh, I'm sorry, I fell asleep" but I know she didn't because I saw her leaving the gym. Ahhhhh lying is a HUGE pet peeve of mine as well!!

Good news -- I'm back down to 202.5. I went to the gym today (the only place I weigh in) and was really happy to see that. Next step is under 200!! I also had a pretty good workout, upped my speed on the treadmill so that was good, as well.

I wish I had more time to respond to everyone but I have to run out to rehearsal. I'll be thinking about you guys, though!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Well, sweettart, you've inspired me. I just found a really low stress 5K and signed up. And while I know I'll be happy just to finish, I also REALLY don't want to lose. Seriously. Even if I come in 2nd to last, I'll be OK with that. So, let the training begin!!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post
Well, sweettart, you've inspired me. I just found a really low stress 5K and signed up. And while I know I'll be happy just to finish, I also REALLY don't want to lose. Seriously. Even if I come in 2nd to last, I'll be OK with that. So, let the training begin!!
S
That's so awesome!!!! I wish I had that courage...not yet...hopefully soon!! When do you run?!? Keep me posted...I'd love to hear how it goes I'll be thinking about you! And even if you DO come in last - you're doing it!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

So not much going on today. Some computer drama but that seems like normal to me lately. Otherwise it’s been a homework day after I got off school. I was offered to go to Jacksonville today for my intership, without going into everything they had an emergancy type situtation where too many clients showed up and needed more students to work it. Well I declined, which is suprising because I’m a sucker, because my classes couldn’t take another week off plus I don’t think my stomach could take all of the large heavy meals. So maybe another trip in a few weeks but not today.

Arts – That is my biggest pet peeve when people are late. To me it is a sign that they do not respect me or my time.

Lizzy – I know what you mean last year when I was hospitalized I dropped like 10 pounds in like a week it balanced off. I’m glade your feeling better. And good job on signing up for the 5 K!!!

Sassy – Have fun on break I’m sure it is much needed. As for dinner ideas I say you can never go wrong with something like grilled chicken and veggies. Or a nice big batch of stir fry (you can get pre-cut veggies) then just add your meat and some sauce, serve over brown rice. You can really strech it by adding more veggies.

Shantroy – I know what you mean about flying. I went to Phoenix then turned around and went to Tampa less then a week later and boy am I happy to be home. No I didn’t make it to the gym I ended up having to deal with computer problems. Mine isn’t going to be done for at least 8 days so my dad said to keep the one I bought that was on sale on Sunday so I have a “back up”. I have a really great dad. But anyways once I got that and homework done well it’s 11 pm. Wow the french onion soup sounds good but like a lot of work.

Sweettart – Good job on running two miles that is a huge accomplishment!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Sweettart -- well, I've only been doing treadmill running for the winter, and I know that is NOT the same. So I had better get my booty outdoors (of course, it snowed last night. Where is SPRING???) Actually, getting on the boards has me motivated to maybe take a jog this morning before I go into work, which I wasn't planning to do. You want to know something kind of funny? The other day, at the gym, I hopped on the treadmill for my post-workout mile, and I was wearing yoga pants for my workout. When I started jogging, my butt was jiggling so much that it hurt! I gave up! It was like I needed a sports bra for my a$$. Lesson learned -- wear tight pants!

Shan -- your progress with the weights sounds awesome! you must be seeing that in your muscle tone, right?

Arts -- lying is definitely not cool. That's one of those things that I just can't understand in people. I'm really sorry you're dealing with that kind of crap.

Remember -- your internship sounds so exciting! And like they really depend on you, which is a really good thing, right? You really make me want to go to law school...uh oh, i sense another quarter-life crisis coming on for me...

Sassy -- I totally hear you on the packed gym thing. I hate waiting for equipment. Have a fun break!

As for me, I have woken up with ridiculous back pain. I have the worst bed ever, and also the worst couch ever, and since I've been feeling icky, I've been spending lots of time on each. Now my back is paying for it. Doesn't help that my favored sleeping position is quite pretzel-like (picture a jack-knife position, then twist it, and bend neck at a90-degree angle).

OK, like I said, I'm going to contemplate an outdoors jog this morning. Wish me luck with that.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #30  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm here
i'm waiting on a dhl truck to come and bring me a new coffee maker lol i've been trying to make more stuff for my bead biz and i'm gonna be a mary kay rep soon lol. as for my dieting i am still trying to keep up with it my weights not fluxing as high as 167 now its more like 164-166 which is good and i try to keep moving when i can i got some more club stuff on my mp3 so i can groove when the kids arent looking lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote