Old 03-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Thanks for all of the great suggestions... And as for the ipod... Its AMAZING It was definately worth every penny.
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

If you're currently averaging 1200ish, I wouldn't cut them more. If anything, you might actually need more due to the exercise. (I'm about 50 pounds heavier than you, and with NO exercise, I lose at 1500-1600. With exercise, I have to go about 1750 to keep losing at the same rate)
It's not just about the calories either, you've got to watch what you're eating for the calories. If you're working out, you need a fair amount of protein and carbs. Fiber is also GREAT for relieving hunger, and is fairly lo cal. And, I second the thirst suggestion- try upping your water intake and see if that helps.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #18  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I agree. Anything below 1200 can slow down your metabolism. If you have a lower amount of weight to lose (ie: last 10-20lbs) you need to keep your calories relatively high and create a deficit with exercise (which it sounds like you're doing). I would probably aim for around 1600-1700 calories and keep your exercise where it is.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 141/137/120

Height: 5'3"

"Ehh... I dont really count my calories I just try not to eat around 1200, recently ive been eating around 16-1700 I have some Jenny Craig food and then some of my own. The bad thing I did this week was eat about 1/2 jar of peanut butter... its definately my weakness... not by itself but with Jenny craig sweets.... luckily tonight I threw the almost empty jar away!"

Okay ditto what the last two people said but Im gonna add a bit more. I weigh a little more than you and 1200 calories IS NOT ENOUGH. I take in about 1500 calories everyday (you will have to start counting to get past your plateau). I would recommend a diet with macros similar to 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. Eat 5-6 small meals a day every 2-3 hours and try to incorporate most of your carbs earlier in the day. Weightlifting can also help you out a bit as muscle burns more calories than cardio does. If you can start lifting weights or if you do already I would shoot for 3x a week and cardio of about 45 minutes 5-6x week. When weightlifting make sure your preworkout has some good complex carbs and protein (oatmeal, egg whites etc) and your postworkout meal has protein and a simple carb (protein shake and apple for eg.) as the simple carbs will help get that protein into your system faster in order to build some muscle. If peanut butter is your weakness I can recommend that to get some healthy fats you could have a tablespoon of PB for 2 meals of the day. A good time to get this in is your last meal of the day about an hour before bed.. get some good protein and enjoy your TBSP of peanutbutter as the fats will allow slow absorption of the protein while you sleep

I know thats alot to take in but those last few lbs are going to be really stubborn. The only other recommendation is to keep drinking lots of water and research HIIT cardio as an extra boost for your system to do 1-2x week as a replacement for other cardio sessions.
Crystle is offline   Reply With Quote