Old 02-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #1  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Default I feel overwhelmed some days

I get up around 6:00 in the morning to work out. It's the only time I really can work out. Then I go about my day: get the kids ready for school, work at home (my 4 y.o is still with me), do the chores (vacuum, dust, laundry, blah blah blah-DH doesn't help much, and after 9 years of marriage I've given up on expecting help), kids come home, help with homework, make dinner, run kids to various activities (sports, Boy Scouts etc), work 2 nights a week (I work 2 jobs), get kids bathed and in bed, spend last 2 hours of day with DH. I never have any time for me, you know? It's difficult and frustrating at the same time. I know I'm going to get a slew of advice about DH helping out more, letting me go out, etc etc, but for us, for various reasons, it just doesn't work. Ive heard that same advice a million times, trust me. I'm just venting, because I'm so tired right now, and the house is a wreck, and my daughter is once again misbehaving, and I'm still not done painting the bathroom, and I have to go to work in an hour but I just want to curl up on the couch, and I just wish I had someone who understood.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #2  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I'm the wrong person to try and give advice because I would leave the house a mess and let the kids and DH deal with it. My life isn't as hectic as yours but sometimes I just want to get away. My daughter is 18 months so it seems like I don't have a minute to myself. Now she can open doors so I can't get a minute to myself. But I do understand what you're going through. Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out. But what I do is kind of assess damage in my head. Is it really so bad if I don't clean whatever room it is until tomorrow or later on, does it have to be done right now. If it can wait I'll try to sit down and relax when my daughter is taking a nap. I actually read a couple chapters in a book today for the first time in who knows how long.
SouthernGal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #3  
I can do this, yes I can!

S/C/G: 273/260/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow!! Our schedule sounds about the same! I understand how you feel, but I work a 8-5 job m-f and still have to do all this too with no help from DH! I have to give him a little credit because he does help with homework and afterschool sports til I get off work. lol
hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

I can't say I've been in your shoes, but I can sympathize. You do a lot. For what its worth, I care, and I wish I could zap you an extra hour for a nap!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

No advice... just a
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote