Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #16  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I'm majoring in English as well--well, the French equivalent of it (third and last year of the License degree in English language & civilization). I don't think I'll be in grad school, though. Next school year will be the one when I prepare for the national exam to become a teacher, and I want to do that. Maybe I'll tackle a Master Degree later on, but... not now.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Also last semester undergrad, psych major

Fasttimes: Oh boy, do I relate. It's hard living in the dorms, especially with the influence of roomates. My advice to you is to keep up with the message boards, get on here as often as possible, especially if your feeling weak. Don't be afraid to vent. I get on here and vent (some times ridiculously long posts), because I have no one else that truly understands. We're all in the same boat here, and MANY of us are college students, we know what your going through.

I also recommended starting an account on thedailyplate.com this has been extremely helpful for me. It helps me track my food and calories. I don't know what it is, but I just do not do good at all unless I type my foods into my dailyplate.

I wish you luck, and I hope to hear more from you
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #18  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

I'm majoring in English!!! Wooot!

I've decided to apply to law school for 2009. =) We'll see what happens!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #19  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

I'm 20 and a Junior in college, luckily I moved out of the dorms this year so I don't have to rely on university food. I think a lot of it is very unhealthy, especially the cafeteria style. How do you find healthy food?

Oh and Psych majors represent!!!
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #20  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I'll be going back to school (after a few years off) this year. No English major here though, I'm Biomedical Engineering!

My first time around college was where I gained most of my weight, it was really tough being so busy with hectic class schedules, upkeep of a social life and then yes the bad-for-you take out and dining hall food!! This time around I will not be living on campus and I think that will help a lot!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #21  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

College. Blech.

I'm down to my last semester after being on and off for 7 years. I started off as a music performance major and am going to finish as a music industry/business major. It's the funnest major EVER.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #22  
fat to fabulous?

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by seranab View Post
hey fasttime!!
I hope you're well.
It definately is tough, especially when you're at college. I'm from the Uk and I'm 20 years old as well (wow thats so scary to say) and am in my second year of college over here. THERE are fast food restaurants everywhere, and all my friends are skinny-mini's so when we go out for dinner they can go where they want and eat what they want, while I have to be selective. As tough as it is - it means I still have a social life, and thats totally worth it.
What are you studying? I'm studying English (language and literature).
Wow I'm so glad there are UK people here because I will be studying in London next year (School for Oriental and African Studies). Hehe, I'm not an english major, I'm a Development Studies and Economics Major concentrating on African Development. I'm both super excited and incredibly nervous about studying abroad because I want to be able to keep my regiment up and make as many healthy eating choices as I can. It's going to be tough, but I think I can pull it off. Are there weight loss support communities in the UK or is that a US phenomenon?

-Rachel
fasttimesatfatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #23  

S/C/G: too much/a lot less

Hey!! I'm Chelsea!! I'm pretty new here (almost 2 weeks now!!)
I'm 20!! I'm not in school currently (I just got married and moved) but I'm going to go back to school in the fall to major in child psych!

Woo-hoo!!

-cHuNkYcHeLsEa*
chunkychelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #24  
fat to fabulous?

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Casey, I'm so glad to know there are so many people out there who I can relate to. Yea, my roommate is a junk food connoisseur and most of my friends are either skinny or not concerned about healthy eating/exercise. It's difficult having both a hectic schedule and so many opportunities for sabotage but I'm learning to find that balance. I'll definitely continue posting.
fasttimesatfatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #25  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I'm 21, a third year, and I am also majoring in (insert drumroll) English
Thank god I moved out of the dorms last year. The dining halls really have horrible fattening food.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #26  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

wow a lot of people studying English! So that's the reason for such good grammar in all the posts I'm in 2nd year studying Spanish and Portuguese...yeah random.

It's so difficult to eat healthily when you're at college. I read in a paper today that healthy food has increased in price over the last few years....and students...well....we just don't have the money. Last year i was in catered dorms and it was ****. Not only was the food fatty, it was disgusting too! Now i'm fortunate enough to live in a house with friends and i can choose what i eat! As much as healthy foods are expensive, fruit and vege are always a cheap option so i'm alright
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #27  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

thanks freedomerins i really appreciate it
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #28  
weightwatchergirl

S/C/G: 224.4/211.8/160

Height: 5'6

I'm in College too- I am 22 and live in CA. Our goals are close and our height it the same...I am pretty new on here as well -- they won't let me post my tracker yet!

Last edited by weightwatchergirl; 02-27-2008 at 02:17 PM.
weightwatchergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #29  

Lovely to see so many college students
I am 21 and I am double majoring in sociology/counseling

I live at home so I don't have a problem with dorm food or anything like that BUT since I am 21 i do have a problem with loving (and i do mean LOVING) my drinks on the weekends. lol. I think thats where a lot of my calories are coming from. *sigh* I am starting to cut back though.
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #30  
Better than staples.

S/C/G: 176/126/116

Height: 5'4''

Pharmacy (Illustration first.) major here. My course is very demanding, 9am-6pm lectures/labs pretty much every day, with plenty of study required in between. As a result I put back on about 10lb of the 5 stone I lost. (I got down to a weight I was pretty happy with.) I just can't seem to deal with this on the side- I walk an hour and a half every day which does not seem to balance things out. I lost my weight by giving up carbs and being very careful, but reintroduced carbs last summer when I was training for a half marathon and it's proven to be my downfall. I can't seem to kick it and having to think about it on top of everything else is so stressful. I have tons of exams coming up and it's just like...ugh...
Help.
paperclip is offline   Reply With Quote