Old 03-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #61  

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCchick View Post
this is the exact opposite type of person, that i hope none of you have become! I work with two people now that have both lost a good amount of weight. and while I applaud them, they are SO SO SO vocal about it and what the REFUSE to eat now.

I know what you mean. That is very annoying! I am the kind of person that tries to hide the fact that I am eating healthier, and only mention it when someone tries to force food on me. (like my friend in my above post) And my reasons for doing this are: I don't want people trying to throw me off track and like you said DCchick about the chocolate, I am going to have a little treat once in a while, just not all the time. Like yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday and I had a very small sliver of icecream cake. So, when I do things like that I don't want people looking at me and thinking "I thought she was on a diet"
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #62  

Funny thing just happened. My friend was telling me how excited she was to go out with me on Saturday night and we would have to do shots together. I told her that I actually haven't been drinking that much, I'm trying to be healthy. And she tells me that one night won't kill me. I said well I'll decide that night, but regardless of if I drink or not I promise we will have fun. And she simply replies "oh." I can tell she's mad, but that won't affect me.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #63  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCchick View Post
this is the exact opposite type of person, that i hope none of you have become! I work with two people now that have both lost a good amount of weight. and while I applaud them, they are SO SO SO vocal about it and what the REFUSE to eat now.
I agree with this whole heartedly. You know, it's great that we've lost weight and all, that we're trying to be healthier...but there's no reason to go shoving it into people's faces. I don't really tell people I used to be fat, I see know reason to. I did it for me, I know what I've done and that should be enough. We shouldn't have to go looking for approval from other people or be seeking their approval to make ourselves feel better. Hopefully there's no need to do so. Just my opinion.
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #64  
Root of all what now?

S/C/G: 300/210/135

Height: 5'5"

When I told my friends I was down 80 lbs one of them asked if I wanted to celebrate with a cookie.

I called him a name that'd probably be censored on here

Then someone else said, "Man, even I wanted to punch you for that."

With friends like these...
Tamaroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #65  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

LOL!!! Sorry, Tamaroot, but that's just WAY too funny to imagine....I don't know why so many people think that treating yourself with a cookie or something like that is a good idea for losing weight!!! Hope your friend sure learned a lesson from you and your other friend, ahahahaha...
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I said well I'll decide that night, but regardless of if I drink or not I promise we will have fun. And she simply replies "oh." I can tell she's mad, but that won't affect me.
Yeah, I've had situations like that, it's so ridiculous. I mean, I like being around my friends because I like hanging out with them, not because I need someone to drink with. There are plenty of things that are fun to do that don't involve binging on food or alcohol. Argh. Makes me mad.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #67  
Maggie

S/C/G: 223/216/160

Height: 5'4"

My family is weird about it. Like my mom won't buy sweets when we come to visit (they live 800 miles away, but we visit every other month) or if it's in the house, she won't eat it, but tells me she's not eating the ice cream or whatever so she "won't tempt me" Not helpful, but thanks! And my DH says anytime I eat something, "is that what you're having?" or "Are you hungry?" I think they want to be helpful, but it's not. Although, my DH did buy me an elliptical machine for my birthday last week. Maybe I can get him to put it together
Maggie
mags319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #68  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

My grandmother KEEPS giving me the freakin' CANDY!!!! I'm TRYING to lose weight! Sheesh. You'd think she'd understand AFTER trying to lose weight herself, but sheesh.

Sorry, had to rant a bit.

Last edited by starofsorrow; 03-24-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Edited out cussing...whoops.
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote