Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #61  

Height: 5'5"

cookie - i totally understand what you are saying. maybe its time to reevaluate your goals?

just stay on track another week and see how you feel then?
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #62  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster416 View Post
Hey everybody! So I've been eating really healthy and working out for the past 2 months. I'm kind of getting to that point though where my clothes are fitting well so I've definitely lost a good amount of weigh, but I'm still not happy. It's almost as if now that I've gotten to where I hoped I would get it's still not good enough. I don't know if anything will ever be good enough, which makes me nervous. And usually when that happens I start slipping a bit and then end up gaining everything back and having to start all over. It's the vicious weight cycle. I just can't let that happen again...
Aww...cookie, I sure know how you feel (only I'm still waiting for the clothes to be loser part)! Without knowing your whole weight loss story, I can't really say "oh yes, you should definetely lose some more" or "no, you're just right!". I think there's a difference between what you can maintain comfortably and what is "possible". Like yes, I could diet my way down to 130 and be a size 2 and have my hipbones protrude (and maybe I'd look super hot like that) or I could set a more attainable goal and one that is more importantly possible to maintain. I could never maintain 130- my body is just comfortable at 140. My advice? Stay where you are for a while- just maintain, keep going to the gym, keep eating healthfully but allow more calories and more fun things. If you are someone who weighs in, keep doing it once a week to keep yourself accountable. The two things that made me gain the weight back were not exercising and not weighing. Um...hope that helped at least a little! Keep posting.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #63  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

artsmarts - =) Glad to see I could help a teeny bit. Your school sure DOES sound really tough! Is there any way you can see if you can get another job or something that's not so time-demanding of you so you can focus more on school? Or perhaps take out a loan? I'm really sorry to see that you're having such a difficult time in college.

sgregg - The rally.....it was 50/50. The bad part was that they really SUCKED at preparing for deaf attendees. First they sat me across from the river where the stage was.......which meant I wouldn't be able to SEE them at all! I complained about that, then they moved me....RIGHT to the podium. What did they think I would do, look straight up at the sky into my interpreter's boobs? Uhh, right. I finally got it worked out,t hough it was mostly me telling others to NOT move in that area or move th cameras in that direction because it'd block the interpreter and I wouldn't be able to see it. Ugh! I plan on finding out who organized it, and writing a very angry letter of complaint about that. That was NOT a reasonable accommodation!!! Other than that, the speech was fantastic....Obama is a VERY gifted orator, and he does make a lot of good points, and seemed very straightforward. *nod* I'm glad I went to the rally!

Other than that...I weighed in today. Lost 3.2 pounds since Monday! Whooooo!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

congrats on the loss, star! It's too bad about the rally, but it's very possible that they thought that just providing the interpreter was enough, and it didn't even cross their mind about the details!! There must be SO much work that goes into planning even ONE of those events, it's amazing.

The thing about my job is that it's REALLY good money. I can make my rent payment in one shift. I'm a theatre major, and I have a show that starts after Spring Break (THANK HEAVENS THAT IS NEXT WEEK!), so that'll cut down on my work time....but then again, it will also be a huge time commitment. It's pretty much rehearsals 7-11 six days a week....but I haven't been in a show in a little while and it's such a huge passion that I think overall it might actually help the situation. We'll see.

I have 2 more midterms today...and I should get a paper back that I just wrote on Shakespeare. Hopefully that paper will be a good grade -- I thought it was a great paper -- and the midterms will go well....but again...we'll see....

I hope everyone has a great day
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #65  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

I am so annoyed! I am getting sick, I've been running a fever for the last 2 days which has made me feel like BUTT. I am eating alright, but just don't have the energy to really work out.

The worst part is that I leave on Sunday morning to take a group of college students down to New Orleans for a relief trip for a week.

WHY ME?
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #66  
clean eating chick

So I allowed myself an "off-day" yesterday and I just ended up feeling gross. I was actually looking forward to getting back on plan today and counting my calories! LOL Well I'm off to attempt another gym session today. Hope it goes well!

Oooh and I got a good NSV- my uni grad dress that I bought 2 years ago fits perfectly! I want to wear it to a wedding next fall so it was one of my goals. Now if only my pants would fit better...how can I lose 8 pounds without any difference in how they fit! *sigh*

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 02-28-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #67  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

arts - Yeah, but I also found out that it was so last-minute. The interpreter coordinator didn't even get a call to schedule interpreters for the rally until the DAY before! She got REALLY lucky with getting two interpreters, because most of the time, you HAVE to request at least three days in advance to really be sure you WILL get someone! *sigh* I just can't believe how unplanned it was from my point of view.

illbehotoneday- Relief trip is awesome! I went to NOLA last year for my spring break, to help with the relief efforts. I basically gutted houses for the entire week. It was soooo worth it, and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything else. =)

Other than that, have a great day, y'all!!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #68  

Thanks yesitsmeagain. I guess my big thing is, no one notices that I lost weight! My clothes are all pretty loose on me and I feel great, but why can't anyone else see a difference? I guess I'll just try and keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens. I think the reason I end up falling off the wagon and having to start the vivious weightloss cycle all over again is when I get to this point I start working out more and eating less, things I can't maintain which leads into binging and giving up.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #69  

Sorry to post twice in a row. So the big trip with my mom is coming up next week and while I feel confident that I can make smart decisions I am getting a bit nervous that I will fall off track with my eating...

Trying to decide what snacks I should bring. My big concern about packing food is that I will eat meals out and also the snacks I brought and then end up eating more than I should. An idea is to bring just a box of Fiber 1 and my measuring cup, and that way I have a great but very healthy snack or breakfast option. Any other ideas/recommendations/words of wisdom?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #70  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

OK, so this morning I did not want to work out. I did not want to get up when the alarm went off at 6:00. Mainly b/c my arms and legs are suffering from DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) from painting and all that exercising. But dammit, my brain kept nagging me, and I couldn't go back to sleep, so I ended up getting up and doing 25 minutes on the bike.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

illbehot: Ugh, I know what you mean. I'm getting sick too. I wasn't feeling good yesterday, but I got on the treadmill anyway. Today, I can barely get off the couch let alone get in the gym ...

On the upside, I weighed in this morning, I'm down 2 pounds
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #72  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Cookie: maybe they don't notice you're losing weight because they see you all the time???

I know when people see you everyday, they might not be able to notice because the change is gradual...go hang out with someone you haven't seen in a while...like 3 weeks..and they'll probably say "wow! have you been losing weight?"
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #73  
clean eating chick

vday- exactly. Plus if it's a smaller amount of weight (ie 10 lbs) it is even harder to tell when you're wearing clothes (maybe you could go around naked...then people would notice!). A coworker I hadn't seen for about a month noticed and commented when I had lost 5 lbs. Otherwise people don't notice or are too polite to say anything.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Definitely had a binge today. First time in a long time. I'm not going to let it kill me and make me backtrack because I feel like I've come really far already, but it's really really discouraging. It's been a hard week for me.

Last edited by artsnsmarts; 02-28-2008 at 08:29 PM.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #75  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm doing a little better now, ive dealt with my pop pops loss and have to move on, i havent slept well in a couple of nights and havent been eating the way i should but i did good today
mil made pizza for lunch and i ate a southwestern s.b.l. wrap instead. soo much better. thankfully i have a good stock of them on hand. i finally have my own computer back and now can do what i need without getting stuck in a crappy chair all evening.
i got on the scale this am and it still reads 166.2 in my lightest clothes so thats not bad. so i'm gonna try to be here more and get my focus back
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote