Old 02-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 207/202.5/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewJen View Post
yeah, as sad as the story was about getting weighed in front of the class (it was "learn the scale" day... she weighed everyone and only when it was MY turn did she realize that she was reading them off in KG, not LBS... so not only did she say "Jen is 100 kg", she followed it up with "oh wait, oh goodness... no no... Jen is 100 POUNDS. Kids, it's 100 POUNDS. I've been saying it wrong" Stupid idiot!

Anyhow--- as sad as that story is, the story of how I told my mom that night and she got SO ANGRY (she's a big lady too) that she went to the school the next day, broke down in tears in front of the principal, and then confronted the teacher. The sad story is balanced by the AWESOME and funny story of how my mom busted into that classroom after school let out and "the teacher was literally using her desk as a barrier between us" b/c she could see how FURIOUS my mom was. As she says, "I really could have KILLED her that day. She's lucky that desk was there!"

For every bad, there's a good. Right?

I can so relate to your incident you and your mom had with the teacher. It wasn't because of me being weighed in front of the class (I don't think we ever had to experience that) but because I use to get teased and picked on alot because of my weight (mostly from guys) and I use to cry and the some teachers were insensitive, so I would go home and tell my mom all in tears, and the next day she would go up to the school and tell everyone off (well not everyone, but one teacher in particular, and said something to the little boy as well). Too FUNNY! :
nharden1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by illbehotoneday View Post
yeah, I had TONS of family/life issues in my short 23 years...I always wondered if my weight issues were caused by that, but still haven't been brought to terms with that the issue is.

I used to think it was my mom, wanting me to be fat because she is. She is jealous of my weight loss now..and I live with her right now. hmmmm

yes, lots to think about.
I'm so with you on that issue with your mom thing. I'm 23 y/o and because of some stressful events in my life, I'm basically back at home with my mom.

Anywhoo.... I think my mom is jealous as well. all mylife you use to buy my clothes extra big just so she could wear a smaller size then me. She use to buy my underwear the same way (which was a size 8, cause she wore a size 8, and on me they would come all the way up to my boobs lol)(I know TMI) Sanething w/ shoes as well. But since Jan, I decided to try and lose weight for good. And she has did nothing but try and sabotage my efforts. She would bring two boxes of donuts in the house, and all this junk food. And when she cooked dinner she would say "help yourself" I don't care if you eat. Eat more". Even though she knew I was trying to lose weight. She would buy pop (soda), candy, chips, etc. I HATE IT... It makes me so mad

One event that I can most definitely remember and confirm that she is jealous, about two years ago, my mom bought a skirt that was a size 16, it was too big on her, so she returned it for a size 14.... when she came home with it she tried it on and she couldn't zip the skirt around her waist and stomach area. and it was tight. At this time I was a probably around 180lbs. I tired on the skirt and I still had on my pants underneath the skirt and the skirt was still loose. She was so mad. I forgot what comment she made, but I was upset for her to respond the way she did.

She was suppose to start her so called diet at the end of Janurary, beginning of feb... something like that, and untill this very day hasn't made any effort to do so. Keeps puttin off, which is her choice. But my point is, don't take others with you in your misery. She knows I'm miserable at the size I am. Why not try and help? It kinda hurts! But regardless of her sabotaging ways , I have gained alot of will power from this! I have self control and determination. I eat healthy, I go to the gym, I'm more active. So thats all that matters.

Maybe we need to start a support for parents that are haters which is our motivators!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #48  

the last time i was 135 (my goal weight) was... hmmm i don't remember. must've been junior high anyway. i was 170-180 my senior year of high school (11 years ago *eek*) and i have fluctuated between 165-185 every since then. so i have no idea what size i'll be or what kind of clothes i'll look good in. in all honesty i'm a little nervous to find out!
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
That's how I got my rep as a nerd. I used to hide in the library and read instead of going to lunch....or ANY school functions. I became good friends with my school librarians so I could always have a getaway. They would write my teachers notes, saying they needed my help when my class had a sub or I was done with all my work and just couldn't stay in the classroom anymore.
OMG... Thats sounds so much like me when I was in high school. I became real close with the librarians and aided at my high school, and same thing with my art teacher.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #50  

Oookie Doookie
It's my turn now

It all started when I was born (lol), I was a very LARGE baby, I was like 9lbs and 12oz, I believe! But as I got older I started gettin smaller and when I was like around 12 months, I was an average sized baby. Around then up until I was probably like 6 or 7, I was itty bitty... my nickname use to be mini. But I remember having a bad asthma attack and the doctor put me on medication with stelroids (I know I spelled that wrong) and since then I gained a lot of weight. Some guys use to tease me in elementary and middle school calling me fat and everything else. I use to have to shop at JCPenny's in the plus girl section. By the 6th grade I wore a size 10 in women petite sizes. I hated taking pictures, I know my 8th grade graduation picture, I looked so unhappy, like I didn't want to small.... Maybe I'll post it one day.

In high school I totally didn't fit in. Ever since pre-school, I went to the same private school, up until 8th grade. And after that I went to a DETROIT PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL. (If anyone know about Detroit, you know it can get quite rough). But anyways, I wasn't use to how the kids use to behave and dress (In Detroit, especially high school, poeple are know to put on "fashion shows" meanin dressin to impress w/ the expensive name brand clothes that comes in smaller sizes.)

I was a loner, I had very few friend, I mostly kept to myself. I remember being embrassed tryin to walk down the isles in some of my classes and have squeezed by because the class was so small and the desks where really close together. I never wore skirts or dresses and always had on my coat even around summer. Around this time I was a size 18/20. And this was the biggest I've ever been in my life.

I remember not participating in many activities in high school, I use to stay in the library or the art room and draw my heart away (very talented artist). In my senior year, I didn't do any activities like homecoming, prom, whatever it was the seniors did to celebrate their final year. I'm so hurt that I let my self confidence get in the way of milestones and memories. Actually, during my 4 years in high school I remember only going to 1 homecoming, in the 9th or 10 grade, and basically sat the whole night.

I didn't even graduate w/ my class. I graduated that summer... only reason being was in the last semester, I decided and was approved by my insurance company, to have a breast reduction. I use to be a 38 FF....

But when I moved to GA to go to school, I started losin weight, not even tryin. I was so busy and very social and HAD to walk just about everywhere.
The smallest I ever been was probably 160 between 2003 - 2005. And after havin my daughter in 2006, I have been in my 200's.

But I've noticed that no matter how much I gain or lose..... whether I'm 220 or 180 I still wear a size 14... Which is strange to me!

But that is my story.... and I'm sticking to it.
I know my post was long.... Sory about that!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

That's very interesting that between those weights, you stay in a fourteen but i guess I can relate. I really have been losing weight and yet, i'm still in the same size. I have had two people comment that my pants look like they're a little big now but the thing is, they're still about the same in the waist. So maybe we're losing the weight other areas. I think i'm losing in my thighs and it looks like I'm getting "less wide" if that makes sense....but I still have a stomach so I guess that would be why my pants still fit???
Same probably for you. I bought a new pair of pants in one size down and every week I try them on and say "Not yet." Ha-ha. Maybe next week!!!!
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #52  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

My sizes never fluctuate much. Between 180 and 150 i was always a 14, and 150 down to 135 i was always a 12.

Unfortunately i am a 16 now, but even at my smallest my size was never a 6 or an 8, i don't think it ever will be even at a completely normal weight. It's just how my bones are built.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #53  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, I hear ya, ladies. From 310.5 pounds down to 262 pounds, I was a size 22 the whole time. That's actually part of why I got so frustrated and gave up--and gained it all back and then some
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #54  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Oh, I hear ya, ladies. From 310.5 pounds down to 262 pounds, I was a size 22 the whole time. That's actually part of why I got so frustrated and gave up--and gained it all back and then some
Yeah ; ; I was a 24 until just very recently. Had to lose almost 70 lbs before I changed sizes. >_< I finally got a chance to go out and buy some 22 pants. I hope it doesn't take another 70 lbs to go to a 20! (I know it shouldn't... the less we weight, the less poundage it takes to go between sizes!)

Last edited by Lovely; 02-24-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Spellin'
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #55  

I guess that could be it as well... my bone structure, I guess I'm "BIG BONED" . I don't know about the waist thing. Cause my jeans fit in the thigh and tush area (yea, I have thunder thighs), but in the waist area its loose, especially when I lose weight. I guess I'm not losing weight in my thigh area. And I guess it wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have cellulite and jiggled!!!

But it would be so exciting to see what I could look smaller. I think if I got to my goal weight I wouldn't look right, probably like a crackhead or something . I wonder what the perfect weight for me. I know I just want to be a size 6 or 8.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 152/135.2/115

Height: 5'0

I have pretty much always been a chubbas too. I have always been very very short, so my weight doesnt sound bad, but in middle school at probablt 4'9 - 4'10 I was a size 7 or 9, which is chubby for being that short. I was at my highest weight ever last month, which was 152 pounds and a size 11. I have always had pretty good friends so I didn't get made fun of very much at school, it was at home that was the problem. My mom is 4'11 and I couldn't even guess how much she weighs. My dad on the other hand is a stickfigure and has done nothing but put down my moms appearance since before they divorced when I was 9. Ever since then he has always critisized my weight as well, telling me I would grow up and be just like my mother. I also have a brother who is a year older and he is very thin like my dad. Ever since I was probably about 5 he has called me names like fatty and tub of lard. Even though we were so close in age we went to different high schools (court ordered) because of the fights we would get in. When his friends would find out he had a sister they would ask questions about me and he would just tell them, "you don't wanna get with my sister, she's way fat." So I definitely feel your pain ladies.
comawhite2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #57  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

omg, we should start a club, i swear! i too, have never felt thin!! Even at my lightest, I still felt "blob-like" lol.

I look back though and to me, then I WAS thin, but by everyone else's (my friends, etc) comparisons, I probably wasn't. 5'5 and 135 in high school. But I was athletic, so I always felt- beefy, lol. I think that is the word to use! I was a size 6 jeans though. I would kill for that now...I am in a 13/14 now. But NOT FOR LONG! WAHOOOOOOOO!

Good luck to all of you. Keep working. Someday we may actually be thin. Can you imagine? I am hoping that by my 27th birthday (next year - March) that I am "thin". By my standards this is about 130. My short term goal is 149, so that is 50lbs. I know I can do this, I know you guys can too.

Can't wait to talk to you all more!!!

-Kristin
chubbywifeyIN is offline   Reply With Quote