Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #1  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs down having a "fat day". ugh.

I'm having a total fat day today.

It has nothing to do with the scale - I didn't weigh myself today - I just have that blah, bloated feeling. On days like this I tend to focus on the negative (ex: Bummed that my attempt to try on a couple of smaller-size clothes failed; I realized that now that I am completely without a tan, my biceps are more flabby and stretch mark-laden than I had previously thought) instead of the positive (ex: I have had 7 weeks of consistent loss for a total of 21 lbs!).

I'm still struggling to eat my points (calories) in small meals throughout the day, and I think this might be part of the problem. Yesterday I had a whopping 22 points left for dinner, despite eating breakfast and lunch. My meals are very lite during the day, partially due to my fear of being hungry at night and "hoarding" my points. I know, hypothetically, if I ate small meals throughout the day, I wouldn't be overly hungry at night, buuuuuuut I just can't convince myself of this. So last night, I stuffed myself over the course of the evening with a chicken burger on half pita (4 pts), a veggie sandwich on rye (2 pts), another toasted pita with feta cheese (4 pts), a serving of (baked) crinkle cut fries (3 pts), a jello sugar-free pudding cup with fat free cool whip (2 pts), and ANOTHER sandwich on pita with an ounce of deli roast beef, fat-free cheddar, and 3 slices of turkey bacon (7 pts). As remarkable as it may sound, I was still within my points value for the day, but afterwards (again) I felt bloated and awful. To add to that, I drank three cans of diet pop, which I rarely EVER drink anymore.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to rid myself of this "fear" of being hungry - if I only have 10 pts left for dinner/evening snack, I panic!!

Last edited by 8mickey2; 02-21-2008 at 11:41 AM.
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/137/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm also feeling frustrated. For the tan part, you can try a sunless tanning lotion, the ones you apply as a moisturizer and gradually gain color over time. I like the one from Dove because it smells nicer than my Jergen's (but maybe it has improved since), and I hear there are a number of other ones that also smell good. My sister noticed and commented how much nicer I looked after I started using the tanner. Sun cancer scares me so I've gotten a sort of Casper-ish look. I think the tanners only last about 10 days or so, though, so you have to apply regularly.
TigerSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/137/125

Height: 5'5"

Also, I would suggest you fit in more veggies throughout the day and especially at night with your originally-planned dinner. A big leafy salad tends to fill me up without adding too many calories. Also fit more fruits into your diet (maybe after dinner), those will also fill you up really well. I love snacking on a thinly sliced apple with a spoonful of vanilla yogurt for dipping.
TigerSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

Default i'm right there with you

I've been feeling bloated and awful all week from my period and a small binge tuesday night. I've been dressing like it too; the comfy-est clothes that are mostly oversized and baggy and totally the opposite of flattering. Honestly, i realized this morning, that that has only made me feel worse. Instead of just feeling unattractive, i made myself unattractive. I remembered what one of the girls on my hall said freshman year, about how when she's having a fat bloated day she puts on an outfit that makes her feel fabulous, spends extra time on her hair, and just does something to make herself feel nice. So this morning, i whipped out on of my best shirts, the sexy high heeled leather boots, and some fairly slimming pants. I actually did my hair instead of throwing it back in a messy bun. I feel great. Even though i'm still bloated, i think i look great today, or at least as great as i can look at this size. You should try it. A total spa night, do your nails, do something different to your hair, and find an outfit that makes you feel great, then head to happy hour with a girlfriend, or out to a movie.

ps how many pton '07-ers can we fit on a thread?

Last edited by nutrition junkie; 02-21-2008 at 12:10 PM.
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #5  

Hi All

Don't know where you gals are from - I'm in Los Angeles, and it's been "cold" and gray for the past couple of days... so I'm feeling blah, fat and frumpy too.

Part of it is that went to my WW meeting and weighed more than I thought I would. A whole pound more. And it doesn't help to know that I ate more than my alloted points over the weekend and here it is showing up. I thought that by exercising every day and eating very close to pure core since monday it would balance out. At times like this I want to throw in the towel... but I've lost a total of 5 pounds since Jan. 08 and I don't really want to give up.

Our leader was talking to us about POSTIVE SELF TALK... and all I wanted to do was shut her up. Sad but true. And she really is pretty teriffic...

What's a gal to do ?

Patch
patch30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #6  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Tiger- do the moisturizer sunless tanners stain your clothes? I've used a "regular" tanner before and didn't like it much (stained, didn't look natural). Are these better? Which one do you use?
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I have used the Victoria's secret self tanner and it doesn't make me as orange but it's expensive. I don't like the other because I look like I got painted with orange paint. But I have super pals skin so if you have a darker skin tone it might work differently for you. I tried the spray on tan you can get at a tanning salon, it was alright, but it was spendy and didn't last very long.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #8  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

yup... today is definately a day of feeling fat and dumpy! I wore pants today that fit me a little snugger than some others... so that doesn't help... And my period is just around the corner... I feel like I am carrying watermelons around in my bra instead of breasts... I HATE PMS. Grrr... But I am sitting here, eating my healthy veggie and pasta lunch...
Everyone has fat days! Just be reassured that this too shall pass! Soon we will all be going out to buy new summer clothes!!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Default Sorry, it's long....

Patch - How tall are you? You and I seem right in line with our weight loss. I always like to see other people similar to me and I don't find many 5'9"-ers at my weight on here. Always curious to know what others are doing to lose...especially if they drop a lot while I hover.

Anyway, we all have our days to feel like crap, feel like we look like crap, and to just plain old feel like crapping. I haven't had my TOM since December and I'm NOT pregnant. Stress? Maybe. Whatever the cause, I feel very bad lately. But even though I feel crappy, I dress up for work, I fix my appropriate sized meals and try to move on mentally. As long as you keep doing "the next right thing"...you'll get there.

Since you say you know you are being ridiculous to hoard your points to the end of the day, try to plan your meals. I plan my meals for the entire week. By pre-planning, you'll avoid eating too little in the day and too much at night...or in one sitting. It's all about finding a balance, as I have learned. I used to go around saying "I'm a food addict" because I loved food so much but now it seems I've trained myself to get full on the right portions and I am no longer afraid to "starve".
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #10  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

im bloated too..could be that sub i hoovered at lunch

hopefully the gym will make me feel better
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote