Old 02-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #1  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Default Do you get tired of food easily?

I'm so jealous of these people on here who can eat the same thing, every day, for YEARS and never get tired of it.

I am NOT like that at all!!!!

I was eating veggies and low-cal dip as a way to get my veggie intake up... at this several days a week for a couple weeks and now I won't go NEAR it anymore.

We've been eating healthy tacos at least once a week and now I'm all "Taco-d out" as I put it.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

It makes it extra tough b/c I have a limited menu of healthy meals in my repetiore (sp?) that fit my husband's picky tastes and are things I like to eat....

::sigh::
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Yeah - I would absolutely LOVE to be happy eating the same thing everyday. I can do some things often (like breakfast or nighttime snack), but I can't do lunch or dinner repeatedly. I have a hard enough time eating leftovers until they run out. Eh.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #3  
here I go again...

Yeah, I haven't been able to eat oatmeal in months... sad, right?

And I really really liked oatmeal before.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I do get bored with eating the same foods all the time and I'm glad! Eating a variety of foods is healthier for you anyway. You have a better chance of getting all the vitamins you need if you eat different foods vs the same thing day in day out.

I love to cook and am always experimenting and finding new finding new healthy recipes.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I get bored rather quickly when it comes to dinner. however, I have no problem eating the same breakfast every day. Weird, right?
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

yeah im good with routine but then i get sick of the food! and its a new routine lol
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Funny, I eat vegetables by the pound and even I can't do veggies and dip everyday... BOR-ING.

LittleMoonRabbit- I'm the same way! You would have to pry my breakfast smoothie from my cold dead fingers, but a single lunch or dinner menu is only good for a week before I have to rotate it out.

Zenor- I'm on your page. Variety is key. If I'm burned out on carrot sticks I'll pack some edamame or add a side salad to my lunch (if I'm not having my tub-o-salad).
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I go through phases -- I looooooooove one food for a couple weeks and then I can't STAND it anymore!! It's really frustrating!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Definitely. I never get tired of certain snack foods, but "real" foods I definitely get sick of. I am so bored with dinner.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I think it's normal to want variety. I am jealous, too, of those who have had such success by eating the same things all the time--I wish it were that easy for all of us (well, I know it's NEVER easy, but you know what I mean!). Rather than being able to stick with the same few things all the time, I have to continually search for new ways to prepare my chicken or new salad ressings to make or new ways to try my veggies, etc. I actually hate cooking, so it's really not fun for me to have to change things up all the time

I will say lately I've been eating a lot of the same foods, but I prepare them diferent ways. I'm on South Beach, so for right now, all grains (pastas, rice, breads), breads, and most fruits are out for me. I eat a lot of eggs, but I got sick of omlettes and scrambled eggs very quickly, so now I eat egg salad instead. Or I cook my eggs over easy and eat them over Canadian bacon with some cheese melted on top, sort of like a wannabe Eggs Benedict. I eat chicken almost daily. I actually have chicken both for lunch and dinner today. But it's different each time. I like baked chicken with bbq sauce, avocado, and melted Swiss cheese; or baked chicken with bbq sauce, bacon, and melted cheddar cheese; or grilled chicken chopped up for salads; or chicken and broccoli stiry-fry; or chicken in an Asian marinade with edamame; or grilled chicken with honey mustard and mashed cauliflower; or cold chicken salad...even with the same basic food, there are lots of possibilities
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #11  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

I'm the same way. I'm tired of the same old same old, but I'm not adventurous enough to try new stuff (or should I say to try new stuff on the kids).
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #12  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I think I get tired on a monthly basis. I moved out from home April and am still adjusting to cooking a variety of meals. It's easier to make a big batch and make it last I eat a lot of different foods through the day, and though its usually the same things every day, I feel I still have variety. As long as I get all my vitamins.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

I'm kind of halfway between the 'tired easily' and 'never tires' camps. I really dislike a lot of repetition (lunch- and dinner-wise) within weeks, but from week to week I could repeat my meals exactly and be happy. So I won't have the same meal twice in a week for dinner -- but I'll have it for dinner once and lunch the next day, and then not again until at least a week later.

That being said, I have probably 2 weeks' worth of easy dinner recipes in my short-term memory, and that allows me a great deal of flexibility when making dinner. Lunches get very repetitive (soup...salad... sammich), but I try to force some variety in there with the kinds of things I put on my salad... the things I put in my wrap... etc.

I get burned out on raw non-leafy veg very easily. I'll never get tired of spinach or romaine lettuce, but you hand me a carrot three days in a row and I'll end up chucking it at you. Don't get me wrong, I love almost all veggies, but... cooked.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #14  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

i dont know about u guys but like i am totally turned off by french fries. lol i used to eat that 24/7 n now i look at it n it grosses me out. lol
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

I wish!
I still love french fries... But now I usually bake them at home.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote