Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default The Things Kids say..

...so not to sound like one of those "my kid is sooo smart" parents, but honestly my daughter has blown my mind since she learned to talk....2 examples below...

1. So the other night I was watching tv and cooking dinner....a girl was on the tv talking about how she never wanted to have a job and her goal in live was to be a socialite like Paris hilton..Blah blah..etc...well I made some off hand comment about her needing to lose some weight (she was quite over weight for what she was wearing)....My daughter looks at me and tells me "Gosh mom thats mean..your big too!"....Well jeez..I just got put in my place by a 7yr old...and she is absolutely right!..who am I to criticize someone else weight!

2. My daughter and I always give each other a hard time (jokingly) about who missed who more when she spends the weekend at her fathers home. So this past weekend I went out of town and my daughter went to spend the weekend w/my sister. When we got home I started our little game and she just looked at me and Said " Mom the reason I didn't miss you is because you are always with me in my heart! "...well needless to say massive amounts of tears and hugging followed

...sorry this is not really a weight related topic but I just had to tell someone : )
Cherrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Great kid!

Thanks for sharing. I got teary, too!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #3  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Your daughter sounds so sweet!!!! Warms my heart.
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #4  

Cherrygrl- Your daughter seems great! And honestly, I feel like this is much more than a "weight loss forum." Everytime I go to the 20-something thread on this site I get so excited to see what everyone has posted. I think everyone agrees that they have tried diets and clearly they do not work. It's a healthy lifestyle makeover and that includes mind, body and spirit. What good will being in shape be if you're not happy. You want your outside to match your inside, and it looks like your daughter can help you have a great inside.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

that is so cute!

great job teaching her not to judge a book by the cover!! (ok so you slipped there but the fact that she caught you shows what a great job you've been doing raising her)

and awwwwww about the she carries you in her heart....
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote