Old 02-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #1  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default +3

ugh, gained 3lbs this week. I really hope it's water weight or SOMETHING. Though I only went to the gym 3 days this week and worked out at home like twice...I still think 3lbs is drastic.

Heather and I went out for v-day dinner, but split a meal. We went to a winery this weekend, but really only drank 1 glass of wine at lunch and did a tasting.

I just don't get it, I did try. I wasn't "on the ball" but it's not like I ate a WHOLE fried chicken or something, I ate relatively well.

I'm dissapointed, but I just keep telling myself that this is a "lifestyle change" not a diet..there will be weeks when you slip a little..just recover. OR I'll get myself discouraged and BLOW UP!

anyone else have a bad week? I hope not!
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Ever consider tossing out the scale for a while? It's probably the best thing I did for my diet. The scale is only ONE measurement of our success. ONE. ONE stupid, fickle, unpredictable measurement.

What matters is that it sounds like you had a couple of really great successes this week -- you watched your portions, showed control and restraint in situations that would tempt the best of us. You totally rocked Valentine's Day! This is the sort of behavior that will get you where you want to go -- but on your body's schedule.

You have absolutely no control over what the scale says from morning to evening to morning again. You have control over the actions that lead to weight loss, and you're there already -- you're doing what it takes. Exercise and conscientious eating. The scale will follow suit, you just have to trust yourself in that. You have no idea how many millions of processes are going on inside you, and what may have triggered that 3lb gain.

Just be patient, you're really doing the right things!!! Trust yourself in that, put away the scale for a bit, and relax!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #3  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

aww thanks! That really did make me feel so much better. I am considering throwing the scale out for a while, everytime I walk into the bathroom it's sitting there...taunting me.

THANK YOUUUUUU
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #4  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I'm feeling ya...up 1.8 lbs this week and not liking it at all, but totally my own fault.

I have also thought about chunking the scale out the window, but just can't bring myself to do it.

Sorry that you are having a hard time, but you seem to have a great outlook.

Was the wine tasting a blast? That is something that I have been wanting to do for a while.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

hi
don't worry so much about the scale thing! and having a glass of wine or a dinner for valentine's day....
i went thru the same thing last few days; i went back in the scale last night an i was 2 lb less....
keep up the great job....
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

happens to the best of us - im sorry to hear that it happened to you though! keep going! weightloss is about an overall trend... not even a weekly or daily or even monthly trend but any year that i dont put on the average few lbs then its a good year!

good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #7  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

sometimes that scale is just evil. i stopped looking at mine for awhile (but still ate healthily and exercised) bc they can be so controlling. remember, its just a scale, and it has no power over you . ( okay, it does have a little control over us). : ) LoL
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #8  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I hate having a gain, sorry to hear you're not getting any scale love, it sounds like you're working out pretty consistently. honestly, I don't put a lot of stock my scale fluctuations anymore...I'll have days where I wake up and weigh myself and get a number, and then later in the day weigh again and have 'gained' 3 or 4 pounds. Of course the next time I weigh I'm back down a few pounds...I kinda take anything the scale says as part of a range, not as my absolute weight. Like right now I weigh something between 161 and 164 pounds, because the majority of times I weighed in the past few days thats what the scale says. I don't feel like I've lost weight until my range goes down from that, and I don't feel I've gained weight unless my range goes up from that (and I avoid the scale during TOM, because I know my weight will shoot up for about a week). I think it works better for me than when I was weighing myself once a week, and that one weight, whether I was retaining water or whatever, represented my entire week. I'd feel like such a failure when I gained, knowing how hard I'd worked, not having any concept of my normal weight fluctuations. Not to say that tossing the scale altogether wouldn't be helpful...I just love to keep track of my progress and have some validation that I'm doing well when I hit a new low number and stop seeing my 'high end' number show up....I may just be weird, the other girls in my office who are dieting insist weighing yourself more than once a week is bad form and think I'm a bit odd for checking the scale so often.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #9  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

I'm the same way as the rest of you. I need to HIDE my scale.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I totally understand what you went through. My scale says I gained 7!!!! pounds this week! There's just no way. 7 pounds!?!?!?!?! I think I sould lose the scale for a while myself.

I also measure once a week too. It helps keep me motivated even when that scale doesn't show any movement.
cbuggin22 is offline   Reply With Quote