Old 02-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default I was chocolate-bombed.

I royally screwed up more than a couple times this week(end). I decided to forgive myself for it and move on, pledging to do better the rest of the week... so far... food 1, me 0.

So today was crazy, I'll admit that much. But I had planned everything out, and was doing great, until I got to my rehearsal tonight at the High School and one of my girls brought in homemade chocolate - she was practicing what she was going to make for V-Day... the chocolates sat on the stereo all night - which is pretty much where I stay all night. Let's just say they were good... and I'm betting they were worth more than the 13 points I had left (that I needed to eat dinner on...). Before this happened, we were watching a video of a performance they had two weeks ago - at the end of the performance, I saw myself in clear view on the tape. It was the first time in my life that I saw myself on video and didn't cringe. You'd think that would have sparked the little voice in my head to say 'back away from the chocolate before you sabotage your good work!"... but apparently not.

Due to a schedule change, I'm weighing in on Thursday instead of Wednesday this week... I'm hoping that helps a little bit... but in case it doesn't, I'm looking for a little wisdom to get my head back on track... or perhaps a little motivation... please
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #2  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I've been there....I am generally sabotaged by things like chips and queso, but the result is the same. I feel like crap immediately after, I start to wonder if I can really do this....and then I pick myself back up and push on. And my body forgives the mistake, and progress comes back. Just know that one night of indiscretion is just that, one night. You didn't put on the weight in the first place from one night, and you can make up for it. Be strong, the more times you are able to turn your back on that stuff, the easier it gets to continue your forward momentum. Although I recommend not sitting next to chocolates. Ever. You're just asking for problems! :-)
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #3  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

We have all been there - good for you for deciding to get back on track. Looks like you have lost over 60lbs so you are doing something right. Just hang in there and next time could you move the chocolate since you couldn't move yourself???
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

that's the thought I've been having this morning... why didn't I just move the chocolate somewhere else?

would have made too much sense
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #5  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Oh MAN! I hear ya! I'm so glad I'm not alone this week!!!! I knew going into this past weekend that I would be "bad"... but didn't plan on being as bad as I was!!!! EEEK!

A party on Saturday night left me munching uncontrollably on cheese-covered tortilla chips... and we went out of town for a romantic night at a B&B and I ate a three course meal... including dessert... and then a huge country breakfast the next morning. And we decided that since the diet was blown for that week, we would BINGE... ate MORE nachos and cheese sauce and got pizza and breadsticks for dinner that night.

Now my stomach is all stretched back to where it was a month ago and I'm STARVING today. ::sigh:: Weigh in is tomorrow morning and god knows I'm gonna regret that food I ate... as deliciously scrumptious as it was!!!!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 AM   #6  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

aww don't feel bad about the chocolates.....just look at is as your flex points for the week...

it's okay to splurge once in a while...don't be too hard on yourself
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote