Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #31  

A lot of really nice things have been said to me in the past, but one of the most recent was the Valentine's Card my boyfriend made for me. It's a bit odd, but expected of him and I absolutely love it.

"I get headaches... a lot.
I am stressed... often.
My stomach hurts... all the time.
Work sucks... 24/7.
I am misunderstood... every day of my life.

......and then you had to go and kill all of that.

Thank you for everything. You have done more than you will ever know. I love you."

I almost started crying but we were in the parking lot of university, so I didn't want to go to my Theories of Learning class all gross and snotty.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 267.4/233.1/174.4

Height: 5 ft 11 inch

Smile nice thing 4 him to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopod gal View Post
A lot of really nice things have been said to me in the past, but one of the most recent was the Valentine's Card my boyfriend made for me. It's a bit odd, but expected of him and I absolutely love it.

"I get headaches... a lot.
I am stressed... often.
My stomach hurts... all the time.
Work sucks... 24/7.
I am misunderstood... every day of my life.

......and then you had to go and kill all of that.

Thank you for everything. You have done more than you will ever know. I love you."

I almost started crying but we were in the parking lot of university, so I didn't want to go to my Theories of Learning class all gross and snotty.

That is very sweet indeed so cute
Didaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #33  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

I disagree with the title. My boyfriend is very nice and he likes fat girls (I am using the word because it's in the title, though it doesn't mind that much to me, since we use it a lot in my culture; he prefers saying "big girls").

There are many comments I have had, but lately, I have had many people telling me I am very nice and kind. Friends and also my students, and that makes me feel so well ^^
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #34  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I was actually told by many relatives growing up and friends' mothers growing up that boys won't date me if I was fat. "If only you lost a bit of weight, you have such pretty features." I know it was out of love but it really effected my self-esteem throughout the years. I am super sensitive and uncomfortable with compliments and always give really awkward responses when people give them to me.

It's so hard for me to remember the nice things that people say to me but recently one of my really close friends who's a few years younger than me told me that I had that charisma that just made people gravitate towards me and want me to like them.

Oh and I met a few new girls a month ago and I'm always overdressed even at tailgates so they were surprised I was wearing nice jeans and cute top with my Fendi purse at a tailgate. I thought I was underdressed because I was wearing my converse sneakers. They asked me why I was dressed so nice and some girls who've known me for years said "She always looks nice."

I've always been overdressed because of my insecurities. I always thought I had to work 10x as hard as any "normal" weight person because I was fat. Recently, I've felt more comfortable in my own skin even in just t-shirts and shorts.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #35  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

My boy is nice, and he likes me

People compliment my eyes and hair, which feels nice. My favorite compliments, though, are about my writing.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Lol seriously we all had our shares of nasty comments about boys. Mine from my paternal grandmother (our relationship is just typical), who told me on Easter day a few years ago (I was 15 at the time) that told me I was so fat I would never marry and die alone.

My set of best comments.

Last year at m heaviest weight (131 kg) I was teaching and it was during our halloween. Anyways I was joking that I was going to dress up as a witch, to which a small boy went "NO WAY! YOU ARE THE PRETTIEST TEACHER HERE! YOU SHOULD DRESS UP AS FAIRY!"

My other one came from another little boy during this years' New Year's Eve party at my cousin's home that looked at me in awe and then went "you awe the pwettiest giwl I ever thaw!"

Last and not least my exe's comment when he first asked me out on a date. "You are the most interesting and polite woman I have ever met. Will you please go out on a date with me?"

Last edited by preetyladyserenity; 05-02-2010 at 02:28 PM.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #37  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I once was told by a cab driver that I made up for the rest of humanity.

As far as weight goes, it wasn't directly about me, but it was a lesson I've never forgotten. As a little kid at the dinner table, I was taking another slice of pizza (maybe a 3rd or 4th), and my older brother started teasing me. My father sent him to his room, telling him that you NEVER comment on what someone else is eating or what they should be eating, and that I could make those decisions for myself. At any point at my weight, I know my dad will stand by me and my decisions, and never ridicule me or tell me to be anyone but myself.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

My best compliment is something I overheard accidently.

One of my friends was inviting another girl to an outing and the girl said, "well, do you think it's going to be fun?" and my friend said, "um, yeah, 'shytown' is coming, fun is something she brings with her!"

Last edited by Shytowngal; 05-02-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote