Old 02-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #1  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default potluck

Well my girlfriend's work is having a potluck lunch monday for a woman who is leaving. To be honest, I don't really know/like any of these people. BUT, I always make something for her potlucks because I love to cook and everyone raves about my food.

Well, this time they need a main dish. I do better on the dips, etc. I am also really broke.

So I need help! I need a recipe or suggestion for a potluck MAIN dish...that is really cheap. I'm talkin like $10 to make the whole thing. The good thing about potlucks is that there is so much food you don't have to make a lot. Most people are making side dishes, so they asked a main dish out of us!

Thanks
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #2  

I don't have a recipe... but what about like a stew or a chili, that can't be too expensive...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

hmm you could get a pork tenderloin for about 10 or so (i think that would be like 1.5 lbs? not totally sure) put a spice rub on it and cook it under the broiler. slice into paper thin slices and serve?

also could do crock pot chili?

1lb of browned lean turkey
one chopped onion
2 cans of chopped tomatoes (with sauce)
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
chili seasoning

cook in crockpot all day

to have on the side bring shredded cheese, a little cilantro, sour cream

could probably do this for 10-15$?

good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I'd second the chili idea... Everyone loves a good chili, and they can be pretty cheap to whip up. Or else... how about pulled pork or chicken dish? You could pick up a chicken or two, a couple bags of buns, and a bottle of bbq sauce for about $10. Roast the chickies for 1hr 45 and then carve it up, shred the meat with a fork, and add the bbq sauce. Easy as pie. If you have a crock pot you could stick it all in there to keep it warm. If you have $$ left over buy a tub of coleslaw to put on top!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #5  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

mmm sounds good.

I'm having BBQ chicken tonight for dinner..that just made me crave it even more.

OMG do you know what I found at the store? I'm totally excited because I've never seen it.

Kraft has a light BBQ sauce!

I was SOOOOOO excited to see that! I'm using it tonight. I'll let you know if it tastes good...if no one has ever tried it.

has anyone? haah...is it good? WOW, I'm hyper. ITS FRIDAYYYY and I'm sitting in my office on 3fatchicks thinking about food. great.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

man, I'm totally there with you. 2:30 on a grey friday afternoon and I just want to go hoooome. Do some baking to bring with me to my father's house this weekend to provide alternatives to the inevitable bagels and panera muffins that are always stocked for breakfast. cuddle under a blanket with husband and cats and watch a movie.

boooo.

I think I have the light bbq by kraft at home, I certainly can't tell a difference between it and regular kinds! I like it, I use it to make bbq sandwiches a lot when I roast a chicken and have leftovers.

let us know what you decide to do!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote