Old 01-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

Question Questions for the Mommas (body changes after babies)

Ok so I know my body will never go back to the way it was before I had kids but I've been watching my body very carefully the past year and a half (since my littlest guy was born) and I see a huge difference. My weight hasn't changed too much, but I noticed my body is SLOWLY going back. For instance, the skin on my stomach is looking tighter, my hips and legs are more sleek, and my boobs are definitley looking better. I know it's because I'm eating better and working out regularly, but I also wonder if it just takes this much time for my body to go back to normal. What have you girls experienced after having a baby? How are your bodies adjusting? It's really quite exciting to see it going back, right after my 2nd I thought I was doomed. It's amazing what the human body can do.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #2  

I noticed that despite not losing any weight, and in fact gaining some in the 1.5 years after my daughters birth my body had slimmed down.

I put off getting off the weight much longer than I should have, and I know have 11 lbs to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My body is slimming down, though I do think that my hips are much more pronounced than they used to be and I actually have a booty now... It seems as though some of my weight has been redistributed.
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

My son is 14 mos old right now and I'm probably within about 4-5 lbs from where I was a year ago and I look completely different. I saw someone a couple of weeks ago that hadn't seen me for a while and he said I looked great and must have lost a lot of weight (I hadn't lost anything) - but I agree, my body has noticably "depuffed", especially in the face and stomach areas. I never thought it would take this long though!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

I know that during my pregnancy, my ribs were pushed up and out a good 4-5 inches(around) from where they were. After giving birth, my hips and lower back felt loose. She will be 3 years old in May and I know that it took about 2 years for everything to go back the way(somewhat) it was before. My lower back is still a little loose but I think that is just because I haven't built those muscles back up yet. So I think what you are experiencing is probably from both the pregnancy re-coup and healthy lifestyle. Don't know is I was much help, but that's what I think.

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 01-30-2008 at 04:23 PM.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a mommy yet, but from what I've read it takes two years for your internal organs to go back to their original size and position. So it makes sense that it's take that long to see your body getting back to normal on the outside.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
I'm not a mommy yet, but from what I've read it takes two years for your internal organs to go back to their original size and position. So it makes sense that it's take that long to see your body getting back to normal on the outside.
That is interesting. I had no idea that it could take that long.
I really don't know about myself. I was weird-lookin' when I was pregnant. I didn't have the "pregnant belly". My roll just stuck out more.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #7  

Wow Zenor! I didn't know that, thank you for sharing. That does make perfect sense then. Well he's not 2 until May so I guess I still have some shrinking to do.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #8  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

did any of you mommies have a c-sec birth?
nothing on me has been the same since that and my daughter will be 3 this summer(my 2nd was a natural birth)
i have the really saggy flabby belly that despite all those crunches i did this fall it made no change and the more weight i lose the saggier and flabbier its gotten
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #9  

Lissa, I didn't have a c-sec, both vaginal. Is it saggy only where your scar is? I don't have a lot of excess skin, but I do want a boob job and you can actually get something called a mommy makeover where they give you new boobies and a tummy tuck. I looked at pics on the internet yesterday and there were some really good results. Maybe after you're done losing all your weight. I'm waiting until I'm 30 to get my boobs done.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #10  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

yep right above the scar(the flab hangs over it now)
i took measurements between waist to hips and scary thing is the flab that i want gone is the same size as my hips! its where the bulk is
i'm hoping that i dont have to wait til i'm 30 to fix it cause when it gets hot the scar itches and the hangover makes it worse
weird thing is i dont want a full tummy tuck cause theres some scars in my belly button that are a reminder of this summer and what i chose to go thru with for my health. i jsut want hte flab gone and

where did you find that mommy makeover stuff? i wanna look into it and see if dh and i can come to an agreement especially if i only have to lose 25ish pounds
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
Interesting, I didn't know that!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #12  

I don't remember the website exactly, I just googled mommy makeover and a whole bunch of websites popped up.