Old 01-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #1  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Post Now that I've lost some weight, I can now wear...

Clothes I haven't been able to wear in a year, Some of the size 16 clothes my sister gave me, all my lovely heels without feeling like my feet are going to fall off (Also, I've gone down a whole shoe size with just 50 lbs. lost!) and I can wear my skin more comfortably and confidently!

What can you wear now that you've lost some weight?

Even a few pounds makes a difference, if your clothes fit better, your jeans dont' give you muffin top now, etc. Whatever it is, share!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations!!! That's amazing, and it always makes you feel so good!

Honestly, I haven't really lost enough for it to make a HUGE difference yet, but I've already noticed that my tummy isn't protruding as far as it normally does when I'm eating junk and retaining water and not working out. Which means that my nice (tight!) workout clothes aren't looking quite as shabby on me as they used to! Gimme another 15 lbs and we'll have these jeans lookin' a bit loose!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #3  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Well I haven't lost enough weight to notice a difference yet.. but I know what I WANT to wear when I've lost the weight.... slim, super-dark wash jeans. Like... designer brand or something. I've never owned designer jeans in my life!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I know what you mean about the high heels. I used to lie to myself that I preferred flat shoes and I was 'too old' anyway to wear heels. I bought some high heels for Christmas and loved wearing them, I just felt so much more poised (plus it helps a lot if you're 5'4")

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #5  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

ONE sweater that has the baggy, flowing arms,
the bottom of the sweater is a thick band of knit, like 7 inches, from under my chest to my waste. I think I stopped wearing it because the muffin top from my pants, but now my pants fit very nice and the look is more straight from my chest to my hips, not really straight but---not all rolls,
All of my dress pants fit very nicely now, some a little too big.
Jeans are still pretty tight though-what's that about?
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to you, OptimistK!!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #7  
Queen Yo-yo

ONCE I lose more weight, I'm gonna go back to wearing my favourite kind of skirt. Pretty adorable plaid ones! I don't fit into any of my plaid skirts anymore. And I don't want to go shopping for new clothes that I love, lest I actually pull off this weight loss that I'm attempting, then can't wear any of it!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #8  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Jelbb- I have SO MANY clothes I can't wear anymore. I really want to get to my goal weight so I can sort them out and get rid of the ones that were too small even when I'm at goal. It'll be nice to have the extra storage room! I'm keeping the bigger ones because I'm convinced I might need them in the future when I get pregnant (if that's actually true, I have no idea lol).
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #9  
Queen Yo-yo

meagain:
I know, it sucks having all that stuff you love and wanna wear and you can't! But yeah, as soon as we hit our goals we should box up all of our old big clothes, and make room for the new teensy ones.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #10  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

I have lots of clothes from when I was really thin, but I think my favorite piece that I have missed wearing is a pink silk skirt in a size 0 from Jcrew. I love it so much!!

As for things I CAN wear since my weight loss, I actually just wore a sweater dress to work today with stockings and flats (the dress was just below mid-thigh in length). I spent a long time obsessing in front of the mirror about whether my legs were too fat to wear it, but I finally sucked it up and wore it... and got lots of compliments!
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #11  
Queen Yo-yo

Booty:
Yay for compliments! That sounds like a really adorable outfit too.

I think.. that I may get this as a "congratulations on reaching your goal!" to myself for June (or earlier!?) when I'm at my goal:

And then maybe put a little frilly black slip underneath so it wasn't quite so short. What'd'you think??

Edit:
Oh. My God. I just found a skirt that I want SO bad, but Wet Seal doesn't ship to Canada! Ohmigod.
*sobs*
*sobs more*

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-13-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Jalb! I LOVE THAT GREY SKIRT! Oh soooo much! Man if only I had the figure for that... sadly my waist is the first to go and is now tiny but my hips are still as full as the day I started....

That would be what i would LOVE to wear..

However Just to days ago I got into some lowwaist dark wash jeans that I bought a few months ago as a goal to work towards! And I don't even have a muffin top! Admitedly they are only a ten (or a US6) but they are honestly a tiny tiny pair of jeans for that size!
Fairy Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #13  
Queen Yo-yo

Yay, congratulations!! I can't wait to fit back into some of my jeans again. I've got a stack of them that are all too small now. It's totally unfortunate.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I HATE the muffin top! I've had it for as long as I can remember and when I got preggo, it just got bigger.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Um i'm not sure... i can wear skirts but I can't really WEAR them if you know what I mean? I have big calves... maybe they're naturally always gonna be big but running etc is helping to at least tone them up so I am continuing to wait. Then I can go to work in a killer skirt n heels
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote