Old 10-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat October 8th-14th

Ok seriously, I thought I had overlooked the weekly chat. But here it is 11am and there has not been one started. So I did.

This weekend I did horribly. There were a lot of unplanned things happen that threw me off. I didn't eat very well and am holding a lot of water. I"m going to try that lemon water that was mentioned a while back.

How did everyone else do? I hope I'm one of very few that really screwed up.

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 10-08-2007 at 12:27 PM.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #2  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

I didn't do so hot either. I am not as good at tracking my calories on the weekends... I do a little mental math in my head, but I am much more lenient on the weekends... this weekend, I was a little too lenient and the scale noticed... So, I am really going 'hardcore' this week to fix it! So far, so good. I am trying to lean more toward five small meals during the day and more salads for lunch instead of frozen dinners. This week is a little less chaotic, so I can spend some more time on food prep.
Fitness goal: to re-enter the wonderful world of strength training... I hope I find the time.
12 days until I see DB!!! I need to look hot! I did get some compliments this weekend on looking good... yay!
Have a great day!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #3  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Well my weekend wasn't so hot, but since it was Thanksgiving, I'm going to be very forgiving . Besides it was worth it.

My parents came down to visit, and while it we went out rather than having a traditional dinner, it was great to see my family again after such a while.

So I'm planning to get prepare some meals and freeze them for the next few weeks since I'll have midterms and just be stressed out of my mind. I'm thinking of doing pasta sauces and maybe lasagna... But does anyone else have suggestions of food that freezes well? Soups of some kind maybe? I basically want one step healthy and filling meals for those days when the idea of preparing a good meal stresses me out and I end up snacking incessanly on junk.

I hope everyone else had more successful weekend than me.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #4  

Chili freezes well and you can make it with ground turkey and some other fresh vegetables! Chicken and fish freeze well also!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Default Chick-Chat

hope2loseit4good stole my suggestion! I just finished the last of my frozen turkey chili that I made a couple months back. The lean protein and fiber from the beans made it very filling. This weekend I did terribly as far as diets go. I was busy helping my boyfriend move, and all the dishes and cookware was packed away, so it was basically an all fast food couple of days. I hope all of the lifting and packing helped absorb the extra calories. I'm feeling good about this week though!
kobe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #6  

WHY is it so easy to be good during the week and so hard to be good on the weekend? Is it the lack of structure?

Friday did good, Sushi for lunch, penne with sneaked in veggies for dinner (although I did have a slice of garlic bread with roasted garlic)

Saturday was board gaming day with the regular group through DF's work - unfortunately I always find myself in this situation where someone brings in dinner and there is no way to control what I get.. had Chik-fil-a chicken nuggets (at least they are actually chicken!), some waffle fries and a really horrible peice of lemon pie I shouldn't even have bothered with. Also submitted to snacking on some starbursts around, 3 or 4...
I think I'm kind of annoyed more than guilty for it. I ate stuff that didn't even taste that good and that I didn't need.

Sunday, tried on wedding dresses! Found one that was GORGEOUS...but I wasn't prepared for how very expensive a weddding gown is, wow! guess I'll have to look on ebay and hope.
Sunday had a little fruit for breakfast, and went to benihana for lunch/dinner. Could have been worse.
Jennt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #7  

cats: I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Although I'm home all the time, I have a 2 year old takes up most of my energy. By the time supper gets here, I don't feel like cooking. So I've been wanting to try freezing some meals. We'll see how that goes.

jenn: i know people freak out when you mention buying a wedding dress from ebay. but let me say something to that. I went wedding dress shopping when I was engaged and couldn't find anything that I liked. I then looked through all the books and found THE dress. I couldn't quite make the payment for it so I was just going to get a cheaper one made. I was searching for a picture of it and found one on ebay. I went to the auction to save the picture and low and behold. It was my size and brand new. Moreover, it was only $220!!!! It came in and was gorgeous!!! The only alterations were the straps. That's it! I've heard horror stories but that is my success story! So really, it's up to you where you get your dress from. Just check out the seller is all I can say.

kobe: sounds about like my weekend. I had a garage sale instead of moving. But it was a lot of work. I'm hoping the scale was having an off day today.

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 10-08-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #8  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, Monday already weekend sure does go fast. Am doing good and on track. Lost another lb. last week, did my walk on friday, and 30 minutes on the bike over the weekend so am still very proud of myself over that. But I know I can do a little better than 1 lb a week (at least for now) if I actually get the exercise in as well as the eating so that is the goal this week. And to really focus on my lifting, I have been neglecting it. It used to be so natural for me and something I really enjoyed, now I find I've lost all my strength!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #9  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Kickin' arse and taking names here. I'm down another pound and in a new decade. The 150s! Glad to see 'em, very motivating. Went hiking Sunday and walked a lot over the weekend. Was tempted many times and refused (even carrot cake!).

So far, I am very diligent over the weekends. I lead a rather quiet life and so still have time to record. You all that are having trouble with the weekends, is it because you have a social life? Also, when I first started this think, I only weighed once a week, but now that I weigh every morning and see the scale go down (even if it is just .3) it is a great reminder to keep on track that day.

Cat- chili is an awesome freeze! And there are lots of great recipes out there for vegetarian or vegan chili. Less calories and healthier for you! Just add more and a variety of beans, lots of veggies and vegetarian broth and there you go. Mmmm...

Last edited by ollie27; 10-08-2007 at 05:02 PM.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #10  
doinTHEbestIcan

I hope it have a better week this week, last week and this weekend was not so hot. Today was pretty good, though. Not so good eating.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #11  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

my weekend was so-so Saturday we grilled brats (venison brats but brats either way)and yesterday we had Chinese pork/venison chops cake and ice cream to celebrate my husbands birthday. at least i did my exercising to day though
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #12  

I had a VERY good day today... and I'm sticking to cooking over frozen dinners... at least for this week... I still have them, they are a nice back up! I already cooked my lunch for tomorrow... if I have a yummy lunch to look forward to, I want less during the day. I made turkey sausage with red peppers and onions... made with PAM! I also made a nice salad! All that is barely 200 calories!! How exciting!!! (I'm a dork). I'm finding lots of fast, yummy, healthy stuff PM me if you want some ideas!!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #13  

I had a pretty good day yesterday! I had kashi cereal, salad, great snacks, but when it got to supper, I felt so bad I wanted something easy and that tasted really good. So I made pancakes. I'll do better today. I went walking but didn't go to the gym. I can't take my daughter to child care when she's sick, I'll try to go later this week. I plan on doing pilates at home today. Hopefully it all works out!

I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you girls later!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #14  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hi all
i did a little working out and did 100 stomach crunches..i'm gonna try to set a goal if the kids cooperate and i can get it done before they get up in the morning or after they go to bed.
i noticed recently my thighs are either getting thinner or my jeans are just really stretched out lol. i've never had thin legs so its a start.
coffee should be ready now so off i go
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #15  
doinTHEbestIcan

today has started out pretty good, i've decided to do my dance class just one day a week and that's on wed. i went to the hip-hop, modern and mojazcial classes last week and the one i like the most is the modern class, so i think i'm going to stick with that.

i really need to lose 30lbs or i am going to go insane!!! i've got to get it together!

thank u ladies for all ur support!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote