Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #31  

Height: 5'5"

hope - you are totally right and thats what i always used to tell all my single friends back when i was in a LTR. and that is essentially what happened with this guy... friend... to more... to he wanted more and i didnt (ie commitment) but we still had this kind of thing and a couple of boundries etc and i heard from him a few times very enthusiastically then nothing! i just want to stop obsessing about it and go back to enjoying the fabulous single life but i am a type A and have to knwo the "why" for everything lol... so well see...

remember and east- i am a 3L.... at a law school in SF (theres 3 i know but for some reason i feel dorky sharing! haha). phew tax that was the BANE of my existence 2L fall. so glad I made it through! right now im externing and just taking one class which is SUCH a nice break from all the hw. its really more like a 9-5 job! i highly recommend it if you get the chance. one more interview and then im done with OCI wooo! (i have a kind of offer from the firm i worked at this past summer but im not sure about the location... hence why im doing oci as a 3L.)

anyways last night was a good veg night now im going on wards and upwards! i dont know why people do the things they do but I know I didnt do anything so its not in my control.... (does it sound like i believe it yet? ;-))

happy thursday everyone....
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #32  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

casey- i love the tattoo, i just got my 8th one on the 3rd lol.

i'm trying to keep away from junkfood but dang if the milanos didnt end up in the grocery cart. i started keeping a bag of wheat thins and triskets in my bedroom so i wouldnt be tempted to look for cookies. instead of snacking i try to keep busy sometimes with jewelry making.
dh nad i had our anniversary and since we cant trust his family to stay sober long enough to watch the kids we canceled our date so i think i'm gonna see if we can use it for our birthdays
okie i have to haul buns my 2yr old just gave her stuffed mis piggy some sprite
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #33  

Height: 5'9"

I can't stop eating today!

vita top muffin
luna bar
another luna bar
tuna wrap
packet of oatmeal

And, I just want to KEEP eating. I'm already at 850 calories! I only get 1200. And, I always get the evening munchies. How am I going to keep myself from going over?
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #34  
I can do it this time.

Hope - it sounds like you didn't do too bad. And good job watching your calories before hand knowing that at dinner you would be needing a little bit more. hehe.
congrats on the scale going down!

lissa - what are your tattoos of? I love tattoos but I only have one. I'll have to post the pic one day. Congrats on your anniversary,

Amber - DRINK WATER, somtimes when we feel hungry its our body really wanting to be hydrated. If you still feel hungry after drinking the water then go ahead. I'vev gone through those days before though. eating and eating and eating. You are not alone

I am really pumped up about losing weight, last night not sure if I said this already but I bought the biggest loser cookbook it has pictures and they all look delicious, I think on Friday I'm going to go to the grocery store and cook dinner. I am happy about that. I think more than ever this time I really want to stick to my guns and become a healthier new me.

Last edited by lovethatsara; 09-13-2007 at 07:03 PM.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #35  

amber- throw some lowcal veggies in there - eat an entire cucumber cut and salted, a whole bell pepper cut into strips!!! and i second the water

i had the weirdest thing happen at the gym today... i got like completley wiped out after 30 mins on the eliptical. i normally do an hour and dont feel THAT tired. it was such an effort it felt strange. i was worried i was going to pass out or somehting so i stopped and went and stretched fo ra bit (aka lied on the floor matt) and then did weights. i ate plenty today plent of carbs plenty of protien so i cant figure out why that happened!! im a little concerned but hope its just a fluke.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #36  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

love - thanks!!! I'm glad you are so excited for this... you can do it! Let me know if you find any good recipes! Maybe I'll start putting favorite low cal ones in my blog (not that I've posted lately) I am a huge fan of 99% fat free ground turkey!!!

Amber - yes! Drink!!! I used to listen to the whole deal about listening to your body if it's hungry, but if you are used to eating more, you are going to be hungry more... I have cut my calories to 1000-1200 and the first week, I was starving at night, but I knew that I was eating balanced meals and was not at risk of malnourishment and dealt with it. I am starting to feel less and less hungry and I REFUSE to eat after 6 or 7 during the week. I give myself a little more time freedom on the weekend, though.

In one of my psych classes, I learned that it takes 60 consecutive times to learn something or to make it a habit... aka... working out or sticking to healthy eating! I still have a ways to go
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #37  

freddy - are you getting enough rest? maybe your body just needed a little break...
Old 09-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #38  

60 times. . . that's a really helpful fact. Maybe I will make a little ticker on my bulletin board where I check off every day that I've worked out. If I can do something active for 60 days in a row maybe I'll be more like my older sister. She can't go a SINGLE day without going running, cycling, doing sit ups in front of the tv. . . something, anything. She has to always be moving. I want to be like that.

Well, I actually have kept myself to 1200 calories today and my munchie phase has gone away. Yay!!!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #39  

Yay! Good job! I, too, am hoping this little 60 day brain theory works! That would be wonderful!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #40  

good job amber!

hope - yeah im going to take a bit of time off this weekend because I am going out of town! im going to try to eat well and manage my weight from that angle (normally im too much of a foodie to do too much with that, or i go to extremes haha, so i just try to burn extra cals).

happy friday everyone - have a great weekend! i wont be home till sunday night so thats when you'll hear from me next...
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #41  
Hot Mama

love- most of mine are writing either chinese or japanese kanji i have an ahnk and rose on my left shoulder, libra sign on my right, chinese writing for to live, to trust and to be strong between my shoulders and hte japanese kanji is courage, hope, faith and future on my lower back. i just added a vine of flowers and tribal to my leg, its purple, red and blue flowers for me and the kids.
i'm already asking for my 9th for my bday on the 25th......i'm a bit ink addicted
Old 09-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #42  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Yesterday, I had such a hectic day at work, but I was also having one of those hungry days where no matter what you ate you were still hungry. It wasn't the boared hungry either because I barely had time to breath. Then of course last night I didn't feel like going to the gym. I have been fighting a cold for two weeks solid now. I decided to wash clothes, clean the house, and make veggie soup. I hate hungry days. They are probably when I get the most discouraged. So today I am off to the gym for back to back classes, cycle and a weight lifting class. Maybe I wan't feel so guilty after that. Also, my 10 year high school class reunion is tonight, but after months of pondering wheter or not I should go, I decided not to go. Most of the people I want to see are not coming back to town. So my best friend from high school and I are having a cookout with our husbands. I think that should be more fun anyhow. Did I mention I am down 75 pounds. Yipee!!!
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:20 AM   #43  

ok so it's sunday 9/16 technically but i cant sleep so im posting about last week here.

joined a new gym yesterday that im super psyched for. a few yrs ago i dropped 30lbs from just a few basic things, 60 oz of water a day, watching/writing down what i ate, no eating after 8pm, and i had a gym i went to religiously (sp?) my bf wants to lose too so at least i have someone to yell at me if i ever slack. which i will im sure.

love the tattoo as a reward. im dying for a new one but ill wait. reading some posts tonight i realized that even the simplest things like a spa treatment or new pair of shoes can be really gratifying. im going to use that idea.

Last edited by Mischmash; 09-16-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Mischmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Good morning ladies,

I just got back from yet another interview trip to Boston and sad to say, I was not so strong with the temptations at my parents' house. I was feeling lousy (travel, tiredness, sore throat) and coming off of TOM, and didn't plan everything 100% so of course I ended up face first in a hot fudge sundae, and then coerced my dad into taking me out for a belated birthday lunch. I also didn't work out on schedule last week, so I'm going to take all this as a lesson and get it back together this week. The problem since school started has really been getting enough rest and getting up early enough to go to the gym. Thankfully I am almost done with callbacks (hooray! I empathize with you guys who are a couple weeks behind the early schedule at my school). They're draining my energy in a big way, but this week I have just one, and then two next week and I'm done.

Freddy: Are you looking for jobs in SF? I was really tempted to interview for there, even though I've never actually spent any time out there. I just know there's no place better for awesome fresh local food, and that is seriously enough for me to move across the country for. Sounds like a good thing that you're taking a bit of time off from working out. It's amazing how some days a workout that seems like it should be easy becomes hard because of whatever's going on that day.

Hope: I'm going to keep that 60 days thing in mind! I'm at around Day 28 of an 84 day quest, so hopefully by the end it will feel like second nature.

Lissa: What kind of jewelry do you make? That's so interesting, and having a hobby definitely helps get your mind off food.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #45  
Hot Mama

wire jewelry, beaded stuff. i did alot of earrings lately mostly long hanging ones, i'm going to see if i can do more elaborate stuff. my recent experiment was with braiding wire and i made 3 fingers raw. i think i have to get a diff gauge wire for it lol.