Old 09-08-2007, 04:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Unhappy im flippin starvin!!!

every night i feel like im starving . i gave in and had a lean cusine, but im still so hungry . grrrrrrrrrrr i want something to eat then again this is probably why im fat.
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Come on up here and I'll make you breakfast. You coulda had a V8!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:29 AM   #3  

that sounds like a plan ill just go back and forth so i can have a good excuse to keep eating
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there. I normally don't post in this section, being I'm a 40 something, but I saw this thread up on the main board.

I find for me, that protein rich and fiber rich foods keep me the fullest the longest. So I try to make sure that each meal/snack is loaded with the stuff. I also make sure to eat every 2 1/2 hours or so, so that I never get too hungry.

So I guess my question to you would be, what TYPES of food are you eating? Are they mostly processed? This might lead you to feel hungry.

I also try to find foods that give me a lot of volume for their calories, again the protein and fiber comes into play. I can eat a huge salad with tuna or chicken breast for a relatively small calorie number as compared to a tiny Lean Cuisine. And it's extremely filling.

Another thing to possibly consider, are you truly hungry or just perhaps a little munched, a little bored? If so, maybe drinking some water or some hot tea might help. And just changing what you're doing. Keep your mind off of food. Either go for a walk, read, journal, straighten up the house - whatever.

I'd jump on that offer to have Ruth make you some breakfast. I hear she's an excellent cook.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I agree with rockinrobin, I think food that has a lot of protein helps to keep the hunger away. Last night I felt starving so I had boiled eggs earlier in the day and decided to make deviled eggs. I was only able to eat 2 eggs before I was stuffed! I think from now on when I am hungry thats what I am going to do eat eggs. (I am doing low carb diet) Something else that I know helps me is peanut butter, I will eat a spoon of peanut butter to help when I crave sweets. I hope that helps!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I find for me, that protein rich and fiber rich foods keep me the fullest the longest. So I try to make sure that each meal/snack is loaded with the stuff. I also make sure to eat every 2 1/2 hours or so, so that I never get too hungry.

So I guess my question to you would be, what TYPES of food are you eating? Are they mostly processed? This might lead you to feel hungry.
The same goes for me! I try to eat protein and fiber rich foods as well to curb the "hungry" feeling. I'm always satisfied! I eat something every 3 hours, so not as often as robin, but I'm usually never hungry unless I go over those 3 hours. I have 3 small to medium sized meals a day and 2-3 "snacks" (fruit, raw veggies, popcorn, a fiber one bar, etc).

I also agree with robin's comment about processed foods. Those frozen dinners aren't that big for the amount of calories you are taking in. How about some yogurt with some granola mixed in and some berries? For me, that would definitely make me feel more full than a frozen dinner, plus it gives me protein, fiber, and calcium. Also, those frozen dinners can be high in sodium, so you need to pay attention to that. That can make you thirsty and hungry, and make you retain water!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Not a 20- something, but I know how dangerous (diet-wise) it can be to be hungry. I agree with the fiber rich foods and the protein with each meal. Something else for me is that I have to have lots of VOLUME. One little lean cuisine and I'm still starving. I stay in my calorie range by having lots of volume, usually with vegetables and fruit. For example, yesterday for lunch I had a morningstar burger in a light whole wheat bun. That would have never filled me up, so I added a cup of green beans and a handful of cherry tomatos. That more than doubled the amount of food I had to eat and only added 55 more calories. You have to look at ways to add more food, without adding lots more calories. Another example is ice cream. One serving of low fat low sugar ice cream is a half cup at around 90 calories. It sure doesn't look like much in a bowl, but if you add a cup of sliced berries to it and a tablespoon of fiber one cereal for some crunch, you have a huge bowl of ice cream and you have only added about 60 calories to it. Things like that keep me from being so hungry. One thing I've learned is that being hungry (at least for me) is a very bad idea. It leads to bingeing and going off plan.

Good luck!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #8  

yep it leads to binging. after i posted lol. . . um i had a couple bites of rice, i couple bites of potatoes and some meat , im so embarassed. oops but i did well i woke up on time and had a slim fast and an orange and im taking all of your tips for dinner. ill let you know how it goes . . .
Old 09-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I do the same thing...binge when I feel hungry. I may take some of these ideas into consideration too.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote