Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default September NSV

I really missed this tread last month because it wasn't started so here we go another month of all those wonderful NSV. I find NSV's so helpful because well it is not all about the scale.

NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This tread is a place to share your progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale . . . healthy food choices, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment, fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area, ect.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #2  

My first NSV this month is I went shopping while visiting my mom. I will hopefully have job interviews in the next month or so I needed new suits (ones that actually fit me). I found two suits, both in the misses section not womens, and they were a size 14!!! I can't believe I fit into a 14. When I started I was wearing a 22/24 now I'm a 14! (Why is a 14 an important size it is the average size for a female in the United States! I'm average!!!)

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 09-04-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!

my NSV for this month is to do all my exercise.... i owe it to me but I usually flake out. Not this month!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #4  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I think this actually happened in August but the other day my boyfriend pointed out that I was getting some definition on my stomach. And now that I'm back at school I've gotten a lot of comments on how good I look and how much smaller I've gotten.

Granted this summer I lost 7lbs and last summer 20 something and no one said *anything* then. Go figure. But better late than never!
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I have never posted a NSV, this is my first one, but yesterday I was going through some of my old jeans - size 16, and 14's. And I aaaammm ssssooo excited to say that they are baggy- like they fall off of me!! I am fitting into size 10's and 12's. This is only after about 1 - 2 months of hard work. I can't wait to see what another month or 2 will do!!!

Congrats to the others with NSV's!! I wish there are many more for us!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #6  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

My NSV happened yesterday....

My DH is an avid outdoorsy person and loves to go hiking. Me, not so much. But I went anyway to appease him. Well, we chose this trail called "Seven Bridges." It's this really beautiful trail in the rocky mountain foothills that crosses over a river. The last time we tried it (back in May), we stopped after reaching the 3rd bridge, because it really wiped me out and was just too difficult. Well, yesterday, we made it to the 7th bridge! I was so proud of myself!

Unforunately, on the way down, I slipped on a wet rock and injured my shoulder and back.
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #7  

Colleen - maybe your loosing in different places this time, either way good job.
helpmelose - good job on your first NSV. Doesn't it feel great.
Anna - Wow that is really good that you made it the whole way. Sorry about you back I hope it is ok.

I was getting dressed today and found my brown belt I hadn't worn since before I moved in August and decided to wear it. Well I was able to go down one more notch, so now it is on the tightest hole.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #8  

I had an Honor Society induction ceremony on Friday at my school that required me to wear one of my new suits. While I was up there I saw a lot people, other inductees and people who just happened to be at the school. I actually lost tack of how many people told me I was beautiful and that I looked amazing.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

I bought jeans today and they're a size 5. My b/f even said the 4's looked good, but I felt they gave me a slight muffin top so i'm gonna wait another month or so to snag those up. Sometimes I think these NSV's get memore pumped than the scale ones!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #10  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I can't think of any NSVs for myself right now but I'm really proud of everyone! It is inspiring.

I just got a tea instead of having a piece of my step mom's delicious carrot cake. I guess that can be my NSV for the day!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #11  

BikiniDreamer - Tea instead of carrot cake that is a NSV if I've have ever heard one!!!

Oh I forgot my other one. Since I've been loosing weight my feet have been shrinking. (I think it is because I no longer have to buy shoes that are way to big on me in order for the width to fit.) I was a shoe size 9 at my heaviest, I went shopping this weekend and I got 7 1/2. And I had tired on a couple pairs of my roommate's size 9 prior to going shopping (to see if anything could fit before I had to buy new dress shoes for a wedding next weekend) and they were all way to big on me. That just seems so crazy to me.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

just want to bump up this thread... we should have more NSVs!

so here's mine:
I don't really have the money to buy clothes, but since my size 10 express jeans were too big on me, I wanted to go try on the 8s to see if they fit... and they did! Granted, the waist was a bit tight and caused a bit of a muffin top, but maybe the time I have the money to buy a new pair, that won't be the case!
Also, recently I've been buying/trying on medium shirts, which is really nice bc all throughout my life I feel like I've always been wearing larges!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #13  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

I was shopping today and decided to stop in Express and try on some jeans (one of my goals has been to fit into their jeans, I love them but size 12 is the highest they go). Almost all of the size 12's fit me (except the slim fit skinny jean which I could hardly put on, duh)! They were a bit snug, and I ended up with a little muffin top so I decided not to buy any until they fit perfectly but I'm so excited! When I started I never would have dreamed I would be a size 12 at this weight, I would have sworn one would need to weigh less to be that size.

Last edited by wisher; 09-16-2007 at 05:53 PM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #14  

It is cold in Michigan today. I only have a couple of hoodies because they've all gotten way to big on me. So I pulled out one that I got my freshman year of college, it's an xl and barely fit me then, and after about a year I couldn't wear it because it was too small. I wore it at the end of last winter and it fit pretty good. Well today I put it on and it is too big on me. I will still wear it for awhile (one because it's from my program and irresplaceable and two because it is one of the couple I had left) but I can't believe that it's too big on me now.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #15  

I went to a wedding this weekend. My sister gave me a pair of naylons to wear and she made a comment about them being size queen which went down to 170 and that I'm probable not in that weight range. Well we all know that I am over 170 but it's nice that other people don't think so.

My second NSV I was in an I want to eat mood yesterday (You all know what I am talking about). So I was in the cafe and finished my planned lunch and went into the food area to see if there was anything kindof healthy I could get and there wasn't so I didn't get anything. I didn't strave and was fine. I think more then anything I was thirsty. Before I wouldn't have passed up eating unhealthy food.