Old 08-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat August 27 - September 2

Hey everyone.
How is everyone doing this week? I start school today. I’m always nervous when I start school but I’ve been trying not to freak out. I talked to some classmates over the weekend so that helped me. Otherwise I just tried to rest over the weekend and do as much of my reading for the upcoming week that we’ve already been assigned. I’m almost excited because I think I look a lot better now then I did when the semester ended and I haven’t really seen anyone all summer so I think it will be interesting to start school again because a lot of people have trouble recognizing me lately.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm headed back to college next weekend and I'm SO excited to go. Most of my weightloss has been done at school, so I'm glad to be back where the gym is practically on my door step I also like having my own apartment (shared with one other girl), where I have my own room/bathroom and I have lots of cabinet/refrigerator space--where ONLY my on plan foods will be allowed

Don't be too nervous! If your friends haven't seen you since you've lost a lot of weight, you'll probably get compliments! Compliments are fun!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #3  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Hi - I'm not sure I'm allowed to post on here (not sure if this is a club or something) but I just wanted to say "Hi" to all the 20-somethings out there losing weight and getting healthy. I'm 24 and on my way to being 140 pounds and a happier, healthier person. It's nice to know there are other women out there in their 20s who are struggling with weight like I am and doing something about it while we are still young enough to enjoy most of our lives, hopefully in a healthier way.

Good luck to everyone going back to school! I miss the feeling of going back to school this time of year (all it is now is going to work Monday through Friday). I was never able to eat healthy or be active while in college, so for those of you who are on the right track, I applaud you!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Remember and Azure - good luck with school! I go back next week, too, and I'm nervous.

NoVaVTfan - welcome to the forum!

As for me, I started Couch to 5K today, and it whooped my butt. I feel great now (a few hours later... haha), but it was HARD. Back to school next week, too.

I'm definitely excited to come up with some goals for September! Are any of you setting September goals?
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #5  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

My goal for September is going to be to lose another 5 pounds. I have been struggling over the past month and a half and have wavered between 165 and 160, so my goal for September will be to get down to 155. I figure this is reasonable enough and will keep me focused.

Another goal for September - exercise AT LEAST 4 times a week. I have just recently hopped on the exercise wagon, and tend to get anywhere between 2-4 workouts in a week. I want to make it my goal in September to work out no less than 4 times a week to get the fat burning and muscles toning.

Anyone else have goals for September?
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #6  

Good luck to everyone going back to school! I agree with you Azure, it was much easier for me to eat healthy and work out when I was at school. Unfortunately I graduated and have been working for the past year. Part of my job consists of lunches and cocktails with clients, which definitely does not help me stay on track. I'm trying to figure out a way to get back to my college weight but so far no luck. Guess I'm just taking one day at a time.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #7  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I teach and today was the students first day. Have you ever gotten up in the morning and no matter what, nothing is going to be good for lunch? I grabbed a lean pocket and a handful of carrots. When I got home I was starving. I can't imagine why. Last night I was going to pack a salad, but sometimes I just can't stand to eat one more green leaf. Oh what a day. Hopefully I do a little better for tomorrow. We are grilling chicken tonight so maybe I'll have left overs. Hope everyone has a good week. I am off to the gym.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #8  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Everyone on this site is such a huge inspiration to me... look how amazing you all are with all of the weight you've lost and you're still going! My ultimate goal is 64 lbs. and for the past year or 2 I've started strong and tapered off after a week. With my crazy schedule, being able to get on this anytime I can will be great motivation. I am so excited! My bf is leaving for OCS soon and I am confident that I will look like a new woman at his graduation in November!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! Good luck to everyone who is going back to school! I start back on Wednesday, and I am actually looking forward to it. I need to get back on a schedule. I've had a blast this summer, but no luck in the weight loss department. Luckily I maintained, for me that is a victory in itself. However, I'm dying to see the 150's! I know it will be easier for me once I get back into the swing of things. I'm going to go grocery shopping tomorrow and get lot's of things to take with me to school. I'm hoping to see the 150's by the end of September... Time to get back on track. Glad to see everyone seems to be doing good!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey Ladies! I've been reading this forum all the time but haven't posted much, but I got my butt in gear last week and I'm now on Week 2, Day 2 of the Body For Life program, modified because I'm a vegan. I've definitely never gotten this far into it without getting off track, and I am learning the virtues of planning ahead. I have an full plan for each day (eating, working out, everything else) and it's made this so much easier.

I'm doing law firm interviews (2nd year law student) and I'll be doing interview lunches Tues-Fri this week so that will be the first big test. My plan is to have a salad with dressing on the side and try not to sweat the low protein for that meal. Flexibility is crucial, I think.

Good luck to everyone, and thanks for your stories and optimism that have helped me lots in the last few months in getting jump-started on my fitness program.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Azue – I know what you mean about losing during the school year. That is when I’ve lost most of my weight. I find the routine helps me so much when I can plan things like my workout into my daily schedule.

NoVaVTfan – This is not a club anyone can post here. Your doing great on your weight loss so far.

Marianne – What are you September goals? I always set goals for the month (whether I stick to them or not is a different story). Mine is going to be to work out Monday – Thursday before school.

Cookie – What type of industry do you work in? I often wonder how I’m going to handle working for a law firm where they are going to want to have dinners, lunches and drinks and staying at a lower weight.

Alliesmom – How was your first day of teaching? I get board with lunch because I normally eat the same thing. A couple of things I thought of for this year is to bring lean cuisines otherwise I try and mix up the things I bring with my sandwich like the type of fruit or vegetable I am going to bring. Also I am a leftover queen.

Hope2loseit4good – Welcome to the forum. What type of plan are you following?

Casey – I agree with you as I’ve said before summer has been a slow time for me. I can’t wait to hit my no longer obese goal.

Eastcoastgirl – Ahhhh!!!! I didn’t know that there were any other law students here. I’m so excited to see one. I am a second year student also!!! Where do you go? We don’t start our OCI until middle of the month let me know on how it is going for you. And if you ever want to chat about law school, classes, life, job interviews let me know!!!

Well my first day went well. Everyone said I looked really good, some comments were very specific like my hair cut, while my favorite was one guy who is considerable older to me looked at me, realized it was me, said “Oh hi, how are you” then said “wow you look really tan”. Well I think he meant you look really thin and well dressed but I’ll take tan. Otherwise I had a new set of cofidence when I was at school. I talked to so many people. I’m not sure if it was because I feel thin or it was because I know I passed my first year now but it was great.

Also I don’t know if I mentioned this last week but I got a job offer from the financial aid office. I didn’t know whether or not to take it but I decided I would. I talked to the woman that offered the job and she was really excited that I was going to take it. She said that she would re-arrange the other two students schedules if necessary because she knows I will be a better worker and that I will be able to handle more independent responsibility then the other workers.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey Remember - sounds like you're off to a great start with school. I go to Columbia in NYC, which has everything ***-backwards so we had our OCI over the last 2 weeks and now I'm trying to cram in as many call-backs as possible before school starts, so that I have a shot at actually showing up to some of my first semester classes. But yes, if you want to vent about law school, job search, all that tedious crap, you're very welcome. You are a huge inspiration to me on here, and I bet you're going to have an awesome year. You go to school in Detroit?

I'm glad there are so many students around here (and teachers and parents too!) so we can relate about the good and bad about going back to school. I find it's really easy to eat right all day because I'm an excellent lunch and snack packer, it's just when I get home and want to eat junk and watch tv that it's a problem. But this year I'm not letting any of that into the house - any "cheat meal" or off-plan snack that makes it in here is getting thrown out as soon as cheat day (Saturday) is over. It's so liberating, being back in my school apartment and taking control of the pantry.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #13  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

HI... as of now, I am on the "me" plan. Money is super tight, and I've found it very restrictive to stick with one eating plan. I have cookbooks from south beach, ww, heart assoc, sonoma, etc... I successfully did LA weightloss in hs, but since then have yoyo-ed upward. I am a special educator so I gave myelf a big goal (-64) and then benchmarks (10% of what I have left to lose bi-weekly)... posted on my blog. I am starting to work out like I used to, and just watching what I eat... I'm keeping an eye on my calories, but haven't gone exact just yet... AND I'M WRITING IT DOWN!!! Also, I'm taking my db's method and not eating until I'm full, just satisfied. I'm only a few days in to my new lifestyle, but so far so good!!!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Remember - Congrats on the job offer!! I actually JUST decided and blogged about my goals yesterday! I have four goals for September - to get down to 193lbs, finish at least Week 3 of Ct5K, try at least 4 new recipes, and do at least 30minutes of school work each day. I'm pretty excited about them, but also nervous!!

hope2loseit4good - I'm on a "me" plan too! Between money and being busy, making my own plans seems to work better for me, and is certainly easier on my mental health!

eastcoastgirl - great plan for cheat day! I always do really well with packing lunches for a month or so, then get bored and start buying lunch... that's where things go downhill!

As for me, well I am FEELING the running from yesterday. I don't think I stretched enough, so that will improve things tomorrow morning, I hope. I'm nervous about it, but I'll just take it as I can.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #15  

Remember - I work in Advertising / Media Relations, which mean part of my job consists of going out to lunch, cockatils and dinners with people to "build relationships." And the kicker is the meals are on the company so everyone does 4 course meals and lots of alcohol.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote