Old 08-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'6"

Default I can't remember...

I can't remember....

the last time I lost more than five pounds and kept it off for more than a week.

the last time I could wear my size 31 Citizens jeans. I can't even pull them all the way up right now.

the last time I felt comfortable in ANY of my clothes.

the last time I was happy with the way I looked.

Yep... I've been talking for about a year now about losing weight.... And, instead, I gained around twenty pounds. Cute, huh? So, how do I know when I finally have the mindset to do something about it and stick to it? How did any of you get to that point? I've done it before, but I honestly don't know how I kept myself away from pizza, cookies, and ice cream. I absolutely adore pizza, and I seem to have forgotten how to say no.

Furthermore, just to give everyone a little more background about me... From the time I was 15 until I was 18 I was bulimic. It was really bad for the first year and a half, and I wasn't eating unless I knew I'd have an opportunity to sneak away and throw it up. After that it was just when I had a really bad binge... But, for the last seven years, I'd been doing pretty well with that. I'd only been purging once every few months until recently... I know that purging is a stupid way of attempting to get my weight under control, but I need to figure out how to get my eating habits under control... I need to learn to tell myself no. I don't feel like I currently having a serious problem with the purging, but I felt it necessary to mention. I do NOT want to be in the habit of doing that regularly again.

Anywho... I'm not entirely sure what my point was... perhaps just to announce my presence and express my frustration. Also, I have a desk job, and I hate to exercise, though I know it's necessary for the whole weight loss process. Any of you guys get up and work out in the morning? How do you get the motivation? I need all the words of wisdom I can get!
KelinQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Finding this site was truly what motivated me to finally crack down on my weight. I always thought about it, but never successfully acted on it until now. For that reason, 3FC will always hold a special place in my heart.

As for your love of food, don't set yourself up to fail by never having anything you like. That's how I screwed myself over time and time again. Allow yourself a Splurge Day. DH and I use Friday as that day for us. We go out to dinner or order in. We let ourselves have an ice cream or a soda. We don't go bonkers and eat everything we can though; just a little something we've been craving. It's enough to satisfy the need to eat and keep us on track for the next week.

Look into recipes for potato pizza. I've not tried it, but I've heard it is healthy and can be a great way for you to get your pizza fix!

My motivation for working out is seeing the numbers on the scale and the inches on my body go down. I actually guilt trip myself into exercising each day (which is fine with me lol). I think about things that motivate me, like getting a new diamond ring when this one gets too big (he doesn't need to know it can be resized! shhh....) or wearing a short skirt out in public and looking good in it. I think about those kinds of things ALL the time. Before, during, and after working out; it keeps me going when I want to quit.

Find your motivation(s) and strive toward them. Don't set yourself up to fail. Start small (in all things) and work your way, mini-goal by mini-goal, towards your dream. Reward yourself along the way to keep your spirits up. You CAN do this and we'll be here with you on your way.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote