Old 07-31-2007, 12:48 AM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Old clothes!

Last night my boyfriend asked that I throw out all of my 'fat clothes'. Do any of you ever find yourself hesitant to throw out the clothes you've grown out of in fear that you may gain back the weight and then have to purchase new 'fat clothes'? I threw them out reluctantly today, I mean i'm determined to never be back to that size again, but some of those tops were just so darn cute i'm gonna miss them! Am I weird?
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

No you're not weird. I'm probably going to have difficulty doing that as well when it comes time for me. I'm fearful too that I'll gain back my weight but I'm trying to plan ahead and think of strategies now of what to do and how to maintain for the rest of my life. I hate wasting my money and I really feel that I have wasted my money on clothes while gaining weight and will continue to do so now that I'm losing until I get to maintenance. But donate them and it helps to where you don't feel so bad thinking that you're being wasteful. I know I will have to donate otherwise I will eventually wind back up in my size 16s from being complacent. I'd rather have clothes in my size 6s and 8s and then when they get a bit too tight and I will let that be a reminder to get back on track. Hope this helps!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:24 AM   #3  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I was very reluctant two years ago, when I first got serious about all of this (not that I haven't been serious in the meantime, but hey, you don't gain 9 lbs back without slacking off a little, so maybe I was semi-serious only?). Right now, I've come to terms with the fact that this was a hindrance as well. I find myself annoyed at not having small enough clothes now, so I assume that the contrary would be annoying as well, and since I have no money to buy plenty of fat clothes, then that would leave me with my back against the wall. Fine with me if this is what it takes to NOT regain the weight back!

On the other hand, my fat clothes are almost all worn threadbare, so it's not such a biggie any more to throw them away...
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #4  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I was never reluctant to get rid of clothes for fear of gaining the weight back but I did feel reluctant to give up some of my favorite tops and bottoms because I liked them! But I figured I'd find some new, smaller favorite clothes and I did!

And don't forget to DONATE your clothes instead of throwing them in the trash! Even if you think no one would ever want them there are people out there who need them.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 AM   #5  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

I just recently made a blog post about tossing my "fat clothes". I put off doing it for a long time. I don't think I was consciously thinking "I might need these again"--but they were sort of a security blanket lurking in the back of my drawers and closet. I put together a "toss" pile for worn clothes and undergarments and a "donate" pile for all of the still-wearable but too big for me clothes. I had quite a trash bag full when I was done.

I've got to go shopping soon to make up for it! I discovered that I have way less clothes that actually FIT me than I thought I did.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #6  

I think I like shopping too much to worry about throwing out old clothes LOL!
mygems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 AM   #7  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Your not weird, I am like that but a little bit backwards. I don't want to throw out my skinny clothes because I know I will fit in them again.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #8  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Stephie, I'm the same way. I have a closet full of clothes that are too small for me to wear because I'm thinking I'll eventually be able to fit back into them. The said thing is they really aren't even in style anymore, so I should probably get rid of them anyways!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

lol..yeah, i hear ya. i just recently got rid of a bunch of my clothes that i never wear anymore because they were too big or too small...but i wasn't scared to do it
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:02 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I'm not getting rid of mine, but only because DH and I plan to TTC a few months after I reach my goal weight
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I get rid of mine the moment I realize they're too big. Heck no, I don't ever want to see them again! Lucky for me I hated shopping when I was fat(ter) so I wasn't atttached to any of them. I literally will drive down to the thrift store to get rid of a single pair of pants. Once they're too big for me--I'm done. I just keep replacing one or two pairs at a time from the thrift stores. At goal weight though- big shopping spree!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

I've given most away, some to my cousin, some to friends, some to charity. I've also kept a few items.

I'm surprised that your bf made the suggestion.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

You could always have them altered if you just really love them. I am going to do that to a few expensive items I have.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote