Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy I need a good kick in the Booty

I have been saying for weeks that I need to lose weight because I can't believe how big I am. I'm at my biggest EVER!!! I just can't seem to find the "engery" to start.

HELP!!

What helped you get started?
luckyme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Well, I'll tell you what, i'll kick your booty if you kick mine. I have been eating everything that is not nailed down since friday. I think i was just secretly mad at the scale because it didnt budge this week. I felt like i stayed within my points and exercised more days than i didnt. So when i jumped on the scale friday...nothing...not so much as an ounce. Then i have the excuse of 4th of july coming up.

We are about the same weight. So we just sit here, doing nothing, complaining about being fat. Then next you know we will be 270. Then 275. When will it stop?

Well, now that i look back on last week...i looked at the calories and they looked ok. But the fat content was TOO HIGH. My exercise was okay...could have, should have been better.

So ok. What is it going to be? By next week do we want to weigh 270? Or 260? I am up 3 pounds from my ticker. If i put my mind to it, i could easily be down to ticker weight by weigh in. So what do you say. Lets not get overwhelmed with the big numbers we need to lose. Lets focus on 3 pounds, 5 pounds. Whatever. Just a one week goal and go from there.

I am going to count my calories WHILE watching my fat.
I am going to get off my butt and do more cardio.
I am going to drink water like a fish.

How bout you? 270? or 260?
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I had to look of pictures of myself when I was a normal size, compared to the most recent pictures of myself. I had to seriously think about the long term effects my weight would have on my health. I had to stop saying " I'll start my diet tomorrow", and start saying "I am starting my new lifestyle today." I had to stop wasting my time wishing I looked a certain way, and start working on having the body I want.

I just had to have a heart to heart with myself. Decided that I REALLY want this.

You can do it. I promise. The hard part is getting started. Once you get a week or two of staying on plan out of the way and see those numbers going down on the scale, you won't want to stop. It feels so GOOD to see that scale move down, whether it be one pound or ten pounds.

And also don't be get hung up on mistakes. I honestly can't count the number of times I have eaten out since this diet started, and picked bad things like burgers and fries. It's life. It happens. Pick yourself up from a bad day, and have a fab week!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 07-02-2007 at 05:01 PM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Exactly.

You have decide that you really, REALLY want this. That you want to wear such and such an outfit or that you want to impress your family & friends & SO or "crush." That you want to be able to wear a bikini on the beach.

Think about why you want to lose weight and use that reason as your motivation.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #5  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

I was there too, after a Dr.'s visit, I really didn't care, but then started thinking that the weight will not come off by itself. I want to be healthier and of course wear cute, and smaller clothing. Something has to click that you really want to do this. It took me months of procrastination, why? I had that motto " Life is too short" Well with the way I was handling things, my life would of been shorter than I thought. Write your thoughts down....also keep a pic up to keep you motivated. You guys can do it!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #6  
I have less blubber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky009 View Post
I had that motto " Life is too short" Well with the way I was handling things, my life would of been shorter than I thought.
That used to be my excuse too!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

I'm so glad you started this post because I needed to read it. I have been slacking for a couple of months now and I HAVE to get back in the routine. I keep putting it off saying that I will start tomorrow OR go to the gym tomorrow...but I've realized that I must go today and quit procrastinating. I know once I get back in routine I will not want to stop. I think I'm going to get ready for the gym now! Thanks!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm getting close to what I weighed in high school and the closer I get to my goal the more time I spend wishing that I hadn't spent all those years procrastinating about losing weight (and getting bigger all the time). I was bigger than I wanted to be for all of college, for my 21st birthday, for trips I took etc. My point is, if you don't get moving you will spend much more time regretting the simple efforts you didn't take. Losing weight and looking good is fun!
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #9  
Jmeezay

I mentioned this in another post, but I'll mention it for your benefit as well. I was recently in New Mexico for work and decided to head down to the pool one afternoon. As I was changing I looked at my stomach and didn't like how much it was poking out. Now to the casual observer, you wouldn't notice the difference. But I did and it just pissed me off. I literally though "SCREW THIS!" and started working out that same day.

Another thing that helped me was prayer. I'm a Buddhist and when I chant, I have a list of goals that I focus on. Whatever you believe, you may be able to do something similar that can help you do the same. Make yourself some goals and just go for it. We're all here to help support you.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Default thank you all

thank you all for everything. i looked in the mirror this morning and was jsut so mad at myself for what i have become. So i state this right now as of thursday lol i will start walking more eating better and feeling good about myself.
luckyme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme83 View Post
thank you all for everything. i looked in the mirror this morning and was jsut so mad at myself for what i have become. So i state this right now as of thursday lol i will start walking more eating better and feeling good about myself.
Why not right NOW? Now is always the best time to get started.