Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #31  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Well, this week has definitely not been the greatest week, but it was not a disaster by any means.

I still have 2 days to go too, which is reassuring.

I went slightly overboard on carbs for dinner 3 nights this week, ate a hot dog at a picnic, and partied a bit too hard last Saturday night.But on a positive note I have stuck with my workout plan for the week, and today I just graduated from week #3 of the c25k program.

I'd say things are still looking up for me this week. I may not have lost as much as I would have liked to as a result for this week but I think it's healthy. I should be able to indulge every once in awhile, or else I will go insane. It's a great learning experience, learning how to keep on moving forward after hitting a roadblock. Because these roadblocks are going to be there the rest of my life and learning how to deal with them now will help me further down the road.

All I gotta do is behave these next 2 days of the week and hopefully Sunday morning the scale will delive some good news.

Wish me luck!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #32  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hi y'all
thought i'd join back here again.
planning to take the kids to a park this weekend to play to keep me and hubby busy. i never thought i'd be so busy with a toddler and a new baby but some how i am.
if i'm not chasing my daughter out of places shes not supposed to be in i'm picking her up or picking up my son or both of them.
in the last few months both me and hubby have lost weight since we have an active child and are eating differently, he's lost 15 pounds and i've lost 43.
the only thing i am doing for myself now is staying away from the scale unless i have drs appts, i dont need that obsession anymore. its easier to wait until i have an appt to find out my weight.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #33  

Height: 5'2"

ugh. i think i'm going to cry right now. my mom's trainer asked me if i ate a little bit of something in the morning before exercising, and i said no. and he said, that i should because if i don't, it slows down my metabolism, and makes it harder and slower to lose weight.

great. thanks. i've been on this weight loss journey for a month and a half, and you tell me this NOW? ugh. ugh. ugh. i could've lost more weight if i had eaten something before my morning cardio a month and a half ago? i could've been closer to my goal. i feel like i've been killing myself for a month and half, and only lost a few pounds. i just feel so depressed now. i feel like i just, ugh, suck. sorry. really needed to get that out.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 217/202/155

Height: 5'9"

Talking newbie here...

Hey everyone. I have been searching for a support type website and 3FC looks like it fits so here I am. I finally hit my tipping point when I stepped on the scales this week and saw 217 staring right back at me. I have tried many things - WW, Nutrisystem, good old fashioned diet and excercise, Atkins, South Beach - I'm a diet veteran at the ripe age of 25.

I went to my doctor and he put me on Phentermine. I just started yesterday on it and I will be monitored closely by my doctor, which I like. Yesterday I was hardly hungry and ate very small meals - which is something new for me!

I just lost my mother to lymphoma two months ago and have been eating for comfort ever since she was diagnosed last September. I have put on 27 lbs in about a year and am determined to feel good in my own skin!

Here goes!
kirklin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #35  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

kate - dont beat yourself up over that... you know, i had a trainer once tell me to exercise on an empty stomach because then i'd be burning more fat. i agree that it's better to eat something in the morning because you need fuel after not eating for so long (during sleep), and it helps to get you through the workout. obvi im not an expert, but i doubt you would have lost significantly more weight. you are doing well!

kirk - WELCOME!!!!!!! i would like to hear more about the phen, how it makes you feel, etc. i am sorry for the loss of your mom. i lost my mom two years ago so i have an idea of how you are feeling. i hope you continue to post here.

ok, so i need to get my butt to the gym stat. last night when i got home from the bar i had 2 pierogies and a bowl of ice cream. and a few bites of coffee cake. NOT SO GOOD.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

NightengaleShane – LOVE the new avatar

Glitter – I’m glad you are staying positive about everything. Slowdown’s happen to everyone. Stick with it. And congrats on finishing on week three. I about to restart the program.

Lisa – Welcome back and congrats on the new baby!

Kate – Don’t get too down about you. You’re doing great right and at least you know now and can correct the problem. I’m sure your trainer mention this too but that applies even if you aren’t exercising in the morning after you eat your metabolism speeds up, I guess they always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Kirklin82 – Welcome to the forum. Everyone here is really great and you’ll find a lot of support. The Weekly Chat threads are a great way to stay in touch and just chat with other people about weight and nonweight related topics. What plan are you trying now.

Megan – Did you make it to the gym yet? I always have the munchies when get home from the bar (even if I’m not drinking).

Yesterday I really didn’t want to work out but I decided to do it anyways. Well it didn’t turn out so well because must have done too much because I threw my back out. I’ve had long standing back problems but they have gotten somewhat better since I’ve lost the weight. I haven’t had problems like this for awhile. It woke up from a dead sleep this morning. After a long bath and about an hour of ice I’m finally able to move a bit. I planned to walk up to my school and try and look at the practice exams for my final, I’m still hoping to after a couple more rounds of ice I’ll be able to.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #37  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Kate- my old trainer told me it was best to have something both before and after a workout. Before a 100 calorie snack, the best choice being fruit. Afterwards a small snack cotaining both carbs and protein (the carbs recharge, the protein helps repair muscle tissue) That's why I tend to try and work out in the morning. I'll have some fruit. Workout and then have my breakfast which includes cereal. I personally find this works out really well. I'll take my multivitamin on top of that to give me even more of a boost for the rest of my day!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #38  

Height: 5'2"

ladies, your posts definitely cheered me up. thanks..i really needed that.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #39  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

just to clarify something real quick - when i said i had a trainer that told me to exercise on an empty stomach, i meant that sometimes even trainers dont know what the heck they are talking about... not that i agree with him. i agree with elegant.

rem -- no gym yet! i decided to get a little sun, now im going to go shopping for a bit (walking around the mall - exercise, whooo), but hopefully will get to the gym before it closes at 7.

hope everyone is having a lovely saturday!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 217/202/155

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Tanny~ I just started the Phen yesterday but so far, it basically keeps you from feeling hungry. For instance, I had oatmeal for breakfast yesterday and didn't start to feel hungry until 3:00pm! Going that long is probably not so good for the metabolism so I'm going to try and keep a schedule of eating 5 small meals. I'm not even on the full dose yet. My doctor started me out slow for the first week and then after I check in with him next week and my blood pressure and heart aren't wacky, he will up my dose to the full amount. Then I go in for monthly check ups. He told me that he has many patients on this and they lose on average between 30-70 lbs so we will see. It's not a magic pill that I can take forever He said the hard part is learning to live without the pill and keep the weight off.

Remember~ I'm trying a new plan by taking phentermine and eating 5 small meals a day and trying to get an hour of cardio in 5 days a week at least. Eventually, I will get back into the step aerobics class I was taking before things with my mom got all crazy.
kirklin82 is offline   Reply With Quote