Old 06-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #1  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Unhappy Need encouragement

How many times have we seen that title to a thread? But what is so great is that we know we can come here and get it! Anyway, it's so strange how my resolve can shift back and forth so quickly. Yesterday at work I was journaling in a word document I keep in my folder for those times when I just cannot focus and need to get my thoughts out somewhere and I was so confident and believed so much in my ability to figure out an eating/exercise plan that will actually work for me and my fiance. By the end of the night we had gotten into another argument about the same darn thing and I left, even though we worked things out about that, feeling so discouraged and deflated. Not because of anything he said, but because of my own thoughts about the situation and myself. It is so darn frustrating to be so fickle and seemingly incapable of sticking to one course even for a week! I was doing really well with at least getting 1 hour of walking in almost everyday for 2 weeks, then my birthday weekend hit and so did all my hard work into the fan. I know I need to just pick myself back up and keep moving but today I just feel so defeated. Plus I haven't been sleeping well that last few nights because I have been house/dog sitting for the future in-laws and could not fall into a deep sleep for three nights! I know I will sleep soooooo good tonight, which I am looking forward to. I know I am jumping around a lot and just rambling on and on but I just needed to put this some place where I know I can get the encouragement I need from women who understand exactly what I'm going through even when it is hard to find the words to describe it. Thank you ladies for never failing to offer love and support to complete strangers. I really feel a part of this family.

-Michelle
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #2  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Default Hi Jade235

It is awesome that we can come here and vent how we feel, knowing that we all go through the same thing at one point.
I know how frustrating it is to miss the mark, but we cannot let that defeat us. It seems easy to say, to get back up and keep trying. I would hear that all the too, and would wonder, but how do I do it? How can I continue with dieting or relationships or whatever?
The thing is, is that we can do it! If we want it, we can have it!
For me, when it came to going on a diet, I wanted to lose weight right now and fast, but that was so unrealistic to think that way.
I have been heavy all my life and tried everything to lose weight. I got to up to a certain this time and said to myself, I will not go up any higher.
That's when my sister asked me if I wanted to go on a low carb diet. I said sure why not, it can't hurt to do something.
Well, 27 lbs lighter, I thought this isn't as bad as I thought. I started thinking short term results for long term results. Does this make sense?!
I was just happy to lose 2lbs and pretty soon it became 5lbs, then 10.
It doesn't matter what we do, if we mess up one day, then continue on the next day. It will all work out in the end anyways.
Start speaking positive things into your life, like, " I will lose weight and get to where I want to be", or "I will not give up on myself", or any other thing to keep you positive. At first it is uncomfortable to say good things about our selves, because we are no used to it, but after a while it will manifest inside us to where we are feeling so good about ourselves that we will be able to accomplish anything.
Hang in there, you can do it!
God Bless!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #3  
Looking forward

Thank you so much FitinTime, your words really helped a lot.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #4  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

You are so welcome! You can talk to me anytime.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #5  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

hey there....i'm back sorry to hear things have been difficult. just remember we are always here for you - just remember to look for inspiration in every situation.
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #6  
Looking forward

Thanks Liz, hopefully things are going better for you. I know you had some stressful times there for a while.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:06 AM   #7  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Im sorry to hear about all the stressors going on in your life I can totally relate though. Im stressed as Im writing this. Im trying to get back into the whole weight loss thing.. and its amazing to see how many people are actually in the same boat I'm in. I really don't feel alone here, which is great.

But keep going and stay strong. I know sometimes its easier said than done.
xDas7x is offline   Reply With Quote