Old 06-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/156/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Hi, I'm the new girl!

Hey everyone! I've been watching this community for awhile, and I've finally decided to join in.
I started dieting and working out for a few months now, and have lost 20 pounds. Which is fantastic for me, cos I never thought I could stick with something and actually see results.

It seems like the scale has not moved in forever! I'm looking to lose about 30 more pounds and nothing is happening!

I eat about 1200 cals a day... *try* and do ellipitcal in the mornings, abs in the afternoons, and DDR at night. I work full time and am a full time student, so fitting in work-outs is kinda difficult.
I switch up the rotation every so often, and will probably change it up once I'm done school next week.

Any suggestions to drop the last 30 pounds??
krissyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Have you tried upping your calories?
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Switch up your workouts (like do a combo of different things each day or rotate) and yes, maybe increase your caloric intake. 1200 is a bit low - any lower and you're actually slowing down your metabolism, or so I've heard .
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #4  

I know I don't eat the same every day. Usually its in that range, but I don't really count. I know for sure its more cals on the weekends because I have a tostios and salsa addiction
Old 06-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #5  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

First of all...congrats on losing the weight already..that is great!! And it's a great motivation for you to lose the rest of the 30 pounds.

Have you tried jogging??? I know that it is an easy and fast way to lose weight...when I lost my weight before my pregnancy, I basically jogged for the most part and lost it very quickly ...and I will begin jogging again in 2 weeks..after my 6 week post partum check up...
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaynna View Post
First of all...congrats on losing the weight already..that is great!! And it's a great motivation for you to lose the rest of the 30 pounds.

Have you tried jogging??? I know that it is an easy and fast way to lose weight...when I lost my weight before my pregnancy, I basically jogged for the most part and lost it very quickly ...and I will begin jogging again in 2 weeks..after my 6 week post partum check up...
Thank you! And what a beautiful baby!!
I want to go jogging sooo bad. I even bought a sports bra, LOL. I just moved to not the best of neighborhoods, and I found a highschool close by with a track. ((Hopefully I won't get arrested for using it!)) I figured it might get my weight loss jump started again.
The only thing now is to get my boyfriend to come with me!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #7  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I found a highschool close by with a track. ((Hopefully I won't get arrested for using it!))
Hee! Probably not, but it might be worth a quick call to the high school's administration. Just mention you're a local community member (and if you have kids in the school system mention that) and you didn't want to get in the way of any sports teams that might need the track. It shouldn't be an issue; I walk at the track of a local public college all the time. Personally, I like going when the teams are practicing. Nothing like a little eye candy to motivate you into getting that butt in shape.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #8  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyg View Post
Thank you! And what a beautiful baby!!
I want to go jogging sooo bad. I even bought a sports bra, LOL. I just moved to not the best of neighborhoods, and I found a highschool close by with a track. ((Hopefully I won't get arrested for using it!)) I figured it might get my weight loss jump started again.
The only thing now is to get my boyfriend to come with me!!!
Thanks

Also...drink plenty of water...it definitely helps...plus if you are jogging, you need to replenish your fluids that are lost
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

I also vote for you to up calories. I eat 1100-1200 at my weight and am currently losing without exercising (I'll add that in next month), so I would imagine you would need a bit more with all of that exercise ;o).
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:52 AM   #10  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Congrats!! And Welcome!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Have you tried eating smaller meals more often? Like 5 or 6 small meals instead of 3 big meals? This keeps your metabolism running at a higher rate. It doesn't have time to drop and for your body to go into starvation mode between meals.

You don't seem too certain about just how many calories you're consuming each day? I use calorie-count.com to watch myself each day. It's really nice, because I can look at it after dinner and go, "Ooo, I have some wiggle room today. Yummy snack time!"
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote