Old 05-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

Default loss of motivation

i am dealing with a loss of motivation. i can't seem to get myself to excercise. i am still eating healthfully, except 2 bites of my son's birthday cake, could have been worse, but the excercise i can't do it. i am not feeling well, ear infection, and i am dragging. i know that i just need to get off my a** and do it. i gained 2 lbs in one week, don't know how since i didn;t cheat, except for the cake. i need to get back on plan. any advice would help

Last edited by 50lbs2go; 05-31-2007 at 05:36 PM.
50lbs2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #2  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

I have the same problem sometimes, too! I usually say to myself "Just get your shoes on. Just put them on." For me that is the hardest part. If I can just get my shoes on, eveything else is easy. Then, I remind myself that talking myself out of activity is what got me into this mess. I also think to myself how much less tired I will be once I am out walking and how good I will feel afterward. I try to focus on the good feeling I will have rather than the crappy feeling I now have. I hope this helps, even a little!!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #3  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I just went through the same thing. I got bronchitis week before last and I couldn't excercise. THe past 2 days I have walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes. Before I got sick I was up to 45 minutes. SO I'm really frustrated about that, but I will get there again..
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

You know, once you do it you will feel great, and that will make it easier to do it again the next day.

Can you work exercise in on a regular basis? I hear mornings are great, but I've never been able to pull that one off with any consistency. I tend to go hiking after work that are on some trails between work and home, so when I get home I can collapse and not worry about having to get the exercise in.

And actually, I keep some old athletic shoes in my car so whenever an opportunity to exercise presents itself, I can take advantage of it.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

you guys are great. my kids keep me busy during the day and it is hard to workout when it is mom mom mom constantly. walks are fine, but it's been so cold. i will have to wait until they go to sleep tonight, 8pm to workout. i just have to. also i haven't been hungry and i know that i need to eat my 3 meals. so that is what i am working on. the food and the water. tonight will be the exercise. you guys do keep me motivated to keep going. 29 lbs down, 32 to go i am not giving up now.
50lbs2go is offline   Reply With Quote