Old 05-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Bad news, good news (sort of a rant).

The bad news is that I'm 100% positive I've put on like five pounds this week. I haven't stepped on the scale at all to verify, but I feel way fatter than usual. Ugh. And I know exactly why- it's not a mystery like that time I gained weight in my sleep. I've been eating too much (and eating badly) and not exercising enough. Also I've been drinking too much. Also I've been smoking too much, but I think that doesn't make any difference as far as weight is concerned.

The good news: after six months of being unemployed, I found a job! It was no easy task. There's not a whole lot to do in this town and I wasn't about to work in fast food or a gas station. I was hired as a server at what is hands down the busiest restaurant in town. This was after applying at maybe 10 or so other restaurants and being rejected or ignored. I was really starting to get upset about it. Honestly, I'm sure the reason people were hesitant to hire me is my weight. People think fat=lazy. And it kind of does, sometimes. But I'm not lazy. Anyway, I went in for my first bit of training yesterday, and I'm doing a four-hour shift running food to tables tonight. It's exciting, not only because it looks like the money will be good, but it gets me on my feet and moving around for 6+ hours a day. I haven't waited tables in a couple years and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Plus, the restaurant has 110 different kinds of beer. Who doesn't love that?
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Beer will be kind of tough on your diet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #3  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the job! Moving around all day will make a big difference. Just gotta keep an eye out and make sure those delicious restaurant desserts and such don't tempt you too much...they can be evil! Good luck.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I dunno, gaining 5 pounds in one week would require an extra 2500 calories per day! Maybe you're just feeling kinda bloaty; that always happens to me after I indulge a bit too long.

Congrats on the job! I know that the market is crap right now so you'd be lucky to find any job, but yours sounds great. Bargoo is obviously right that the beer could become a problem, but it's possible to drink when you want to and still lose weight-- I'm walking proof!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote