Old 05-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #1  
Ready for a Change!!

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5'9

Default A bored eater.

You know I don't think I eat b/c I am "hungry" but more b/c I am bored. If I waited till I was hungry I bet I wouldn't eat untill late. So I just snack all day and never really eat a big meal.. Is that okay to?

I know it is not good to eat when your bored. I have tried drinking water & chewing jum.. But I am a cruncher.. meaning I like things crunchy in my mouth chips crackers. I feel like I am slowing down the 1st two weeks I was like YEA I am going to get skinny.. Now I am like.. whoo....hooo going to the gym today.... I need a pick me up I think something to get me back interested...
CRYSANDBOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Eating several small meals instead of three ones isn't that big of a deal. It's actually supposed to be better for you. However, they should be several small healthy meals- not just junk food. Find healthy snacks if you want to munch between meals, like melon, berries, non-fat yogurt, sugar-free Popsicles, veggies w/ fat free ranch to dip, etc. The 100 calorie bags of microwaveable popcorn make a TON, so you could divide that up into small baggies to much on throughout the day.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/201/165

Height: 5"5'

I'm a boredom eater too, as well as, a picker. I can never sit down and eat an entire meal. I just don't get "hungry" in that way.
Charmed Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

If you want crunchy, the microwave popcorn is a great suggestion. Other suggestions that might be better than munching on chips and crackers all day might be:
  • baby carrots
  • celery sticks
  • cucumber spears
  • almost any other raw veggies (chopped lettuce salad, sliced peppers, broccoli, snap peas, cauliflower, etc.)
  • pickles (just watch the sodium on some types)
  • watermelon
  • apples
  • whole-grain toast
  • soy crisps (or rice cakes, but I think the soy ones taste better)
  • pretzels (occasionally)
  • small handful of nuts
  • healthy cereals (Kashi, Fiber One, etc.)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I'm a boredom eater too, and all the advice here works! I eat every 3 hours now, and I eat more raw veggies (cucumbers, baby carrots, etc) and it REALLY helps because I don't feel hungry AT ALL so when I get bored I don't even WANT to eat so I do other things (get up and go for a walk for instance).
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Another boredom eater here. Jilly's suggestions are excellent.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Count me in the boredom eater club. I'm NOTORIOUS for it. I really need to find some hobbies that don't involve carbs.
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote