Old 05-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #1  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Question Let's Talk Jeans.......

Hey! I totally posted this thread a long while back and there are so many new faces that I thought I'd ask again.

Jeans--- What brand do you find fits well on you/ for your body type??

I have no butt, (going to have in several weeks) thinn-er legs, no hips but high set hip bones (that occasionally look like a naughty bit of fat popping out of the side of my pants). Ergh. I exhausted Gap and Old Navy and am racking my brain thinking of where I can find a great pair of jeans now that I am pretty much not shrinking anymore.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, my jeans probably won't help your much because it sounds like we have totally different body types, I have large thighs and hips, an ample butt and a smaller waist, so my trouble is finding jeans that are big enough for my legs to not look like sausages and not have huge gaps in the waist. Right now my favorite jeans are Levi's, it's tough to say the exact style because the tag just says "Levi Strauss Signature" but when I bought them the description at the jeans display said sits just below the natural waist, close fit through hip and thigh, bootcut.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Bless you for asking, because my body-type, too, is SOOOO ignored and unrepresented in jeans. I have a boy's body. Thick waist and heavier on top, no butt, no hips, and thin legs. I for sure look for jeans with back pocket flaps, and low rise in the waist. Calvin Klein used to do a "boy fit" that was good, but haven't found in a while....help!!!!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM   #4  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

If you're willing to spend a little more money I'd recommend AG jeans. The Angel cut is especially flattering.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Angel cut is good for which body type?
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm a big fan of American Eagle jeans... but then again I worked there for 5 years so I'm somewhat biased! =)
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #7  

My favorite jeans are PZI they are made for women who have a little extra "junk in the trunk" I don't even need a belt, my main problen with jeans is that there's always this gap in the back, but thee fir perfectly, but the main problem for me is the $75-$90 dollar price tag.
kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I buy mainly the American Eagle medium rise jeans. They seem to fit best on my slender hips and legs. The lower rise Levi's work well too. I have a couple pr. of jeans from JC Penney's (Vigoss brand) and they also fit well. The Aeropostale jeans seem to run really big so I use a smaller size in these than in any others.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #9  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Redlight...
From what I've seen on my friends with various body types the Angel is flattering on most body types. I remeber Oprah on her jeans episode loving the AG Club cut. I didn't try those on but I may when I decide to invest in a new pair of jeans. I think the Angel is better for people with less of a butt, it makes you look like you have one (amazing) if you already have one it's still super flattering but maybe Club would be better for that, I wouldn't know though b/c I've only tried on the Angels and I LOVE them.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #10  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ugh. Stupid jeans. Right now my 1 pair are Lands End 16w. I have the worst time finding jeans/pants because my butt is sooo much bigger than my waist and I'm short. The crotches on some of these pants will be almost at my knees! Drives. Me. Crazy. The only thing that gives me hope is the many pairs of jeans in 14 and 12 that I have awaiting me.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #11  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Right now, I'm wearing Levis, and a pair of Tilt, you can buy at Pacific Sunwear. But my favorite jeans from pre-baby days, were my American Eagles, and my Calvin Kleins!! I will wear them again!!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorefatpants View Post
Redlight...
From what I've seen on my friends with various body types the Angel is flattering on most body types. I remeber Oprah on her jeans episode loving the AG Club cut. I didn't try those on but I may when I decide to invest in a new pair of jeans. I think the Angel is better for people with less of a butt, it makes you look like you have one (amazing) if you already have one it's still super flattering but maybe Club would be better for that, I wouldn't know though b/c I've only tried on the Angels and I LOVE them.
Thanks. I'll look for them. I've got a little less butt than most people my size, but not out of the ordinary.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #13  

I have a gut (especially under the bellybutton), but very thin legs. My FAVORITE jeans are Lucky Midrise. They are amazing!!! They are tighter around my legs, but looser on top and go all the way up to my belly button so that it hides my gut. I swear they are fabulous.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #14  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Right now I have a $12 pair of Mossimo (is that how you spell that?) brand jeans. My biggest problem with jeans is my height as well. Other than a low small butt I normally don't have too much of a problem with boot cut, although I often get a gap in back too.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

My biggest problem is that I have trouble finding jeans, and pants in general, that are the right length in the leg. Regular length is too short & long length is too long. I also have a flat butt & slim hips. Old Navy makes me look better in the bum/hip area, but they are rarely long enough. I haven't found a specific brand that always works, and most of the jeans I have right now are off-brand.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote