3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Sex Drive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/111802-sex-drive.html)

momerath 05-05-2007 06:10 PM

Sex Drive

A comment in the Significant Other thread got me thinking... has anyone noticed any affects weight loss has had on their sex drive, either positive or negative?

Personally, I was quite the nympho beforehand, despite my insecurities. So of course, I expected we'd be going at it like crazy 40 lbs later!

Unfortunately, I've found that my desire has pretty much completely bottomed out, and I feel pretty awful and guilty about it. Has anyone else noticed anything similar? Or are you all finding it easier to be intimate? Because what's happening to me just seems so counterintuitive!!! :?:

nineteen 05-05-2007 09:33 PM

I guess it does seem counterintuitive, but I'm sure there's some reason for it. Have you reduced your calories so low that your energy is dropping? Or maybe work/life/family is stressing you out a lot these days?

shyla2001 05-05-2007 09:40 PM

I feel better about myself / more confident, and it shows in the bedroom, too. However, here lately, I've been exhausted all the time, so we've had a bit of a break ;)

momerath 05-05-2007 09:41 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking it might just be a coincidence. Exams just finished and I've been exercising and working like crazy, so I could just be tired out. Here's hoping it isn't a permanent change!

50lbs2go 05-05-2007 10:12 PM

I too noticed that my sex drive is not as high as it once was. i too was a nympho and now it's like ya hurry up. i know tmi, but i thought it was just me.and no stress here.

lilybelle 05-05-2007 10:22 PM

I think that for me sex has become less of a chore since I lost the weight. I am definitely more comfortable now with my DH seeing me without clothes on. I think my nympho days were when I was in my late teens/early 20's.

maalisse 05-05-2007 10:45 PM

It definitely could be the stress in your life...or, it could just be your body's hormones adjusting to your weightloss. The more body fat your body has, the more estrogen it produces, so it's possible that your body hasn't adjusted to make up for that lack of estrogen yet and your hormones are a bit off kilter as a result. If that's all that's going on, everything will balance out over time.

In the same vein -- and this is none of my business, of course, but something to keep in mind -- if you're on hormonal birth control (HBC) such as the Pill, a similar thing is probably going on, as body fat affects how HBC is absorbed. Again, it would just be a matter of a few months for your body to adjust.

I'd put my money on fatigue, though. That seems to be the worst mood-killer!

Good luck to you! :)

wannabsexy 05-05-2007 11:13 PM

My sex drive hasn't changed. I have always had a high one. I will say the sex (though always good) has gotten much better. It had gotten a little boring, you know the same way all the time.My losing 90 lbs has certainly given the dh some new desires in our bedroom, lol.

lizziness 05-05-2007 11:21 PM

i am hoping that it'll improve when i lose more weight. my hubby lost a lot of weight and suddenly had a sex drive again - i've been having a hard time keeping up with him. It was never that case, I always outdid him when it came to sex drive.

momerath 05-05-2007 11:22 PM

I hadn't thought about the birth control thing, but that could very well have something to do with it.

Wannabsexy, I know what you mean. The problem for us certainly doesn't have anything to do with him. He's thrilled with the results, and is constantly bugging me to... well, you know. I'm just constantly turning him down. Poor guy :(

ballznpucks 05-07-2007 10:22 AM

From a guy's perspective, when I dropped weight I felt a higher sex drive. An only excuse before for not wanting to be intimate would be when I was feeling down on myself. So feeling better about myself has help to increase my drive, which was always quite strong.

I like the the fact that now that some excess weight is gone, it's so much easier to get closer during sext and get are arms around each other more.