Old 04-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #1  
Life is a journey

S/C/G: over 200/over 200/under 200

Height: 5'3"

Smile New fron MI

Hello everyone. My name is Carol and I just turned 28. I have an 8 year old boy who is my entire life. I have always had a weight problem and am finally ready to face the weight lose challange. But I need motivation and friends. I love the outdoors and am soooooo happy that spring is finally here. I think the fact that I can exercise outdoors will help in my efforts. I just need to work through the self-conciousness.

Well I am just checking out the different forems. Just seeing everyones success and failure is very motivating. I feel I am not alone in this everlasting battle.

I weigh about 215 and would like to get down to 140 eventually. I have not put on a signature because I hate scales. I don't own a scale at the moment but am planning on getting one soon. I will post my weight results soon.

You gals seem great and I hope to here from you soon.
carebear288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 AM   #2  

Hey Carol and Welcome! I'm new too, and everyone's been very helpful so far. You're right, now that it's nice out you can go outside. Maybe take your son to the park and play with him? I'm sure he'd love to play catch or shoot some baskets with you. That way he can help motivate you too.

Good luck!!

Sara
gaylors79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #3  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hi Carol!

This forum has always been a key part of the success I have had. I know what you mean about not liking scales.. I only like them when the numbers go down! . You can do it!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello from a fellow Michiganian (or is it Michigander; I've heard both)! I agree with Sara, exercising with your son is a great idea because it will make you both healthier and it's also great bonding time. Maybe riding bikes?

Good luck!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #5  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Hey ! I'm from Michigan, too!!!! :-) Good luck-- you've come to the right place!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #6  
Life is a journey

S/C/G: over 200/over 200/under 200

Height: 5'3"

Default Thanks

Thanks for all you support. I have finally bought a scale. I weigh exactly 200lb. This did kind of suprise me because I thought I was over 200, but I haven't been an a scale in about a year. Anyways, I want to get down to about 130. Thanks again for all the support, you gals are wonderful.
carebear288 is offline   Reply With Quote