What do you think? Caloric Intake...

• Okay, so I've been at a plateau for a few months now. I work out quite a bit and eat between 1200 & 1400 calories. My husband (who is a health nut and visits bodybuilding.com regularly) has recommended that I need to increase my calories because of how active I am. He thinks that my body is beginning to store fat for my activities. I agree with him, but would also like to get others input before I increase my calories.

Below is a link to the exercise challenge thread that shows my daily activities thus far in April.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...79#post1635179
  • Good question! Why don't you try bumping up the cal intake to maybe 1400 and 1500 for a few weeks...see what happens. You obviously won't gain weight at 1500 cals/day. Then maybe go up to 1600/1700 per day and see if you lose faster or slower...then maybe calorie cycle after that. Just go slow..take your time, keep track of it. The calorie needs will also change as you lose weight. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Definitely possible. I find that I'm losing faster with an average of 1500-1700 calories per day than I was at 1400. I'm pretty active, too, and I have a lot of muscle under my flab, so that's probably why.

I agree with JulieRN's suggestion for adding calories back in. That will be the best way to determine what your body needs.
  • I was stuck at 170 for EVER... and then I decided to just officially go into maintinence mode for a while. I normally eat 1400-1600 cal a day, and I upped it to around 1700. And I started losing again/

It's worth a shot, right? Just try to add like 100 cal for a few weeks.. and then maybe 100 more if you feel up to it. Just make sure to add it slowly.. and keep us all updated!
  • Thanks for the advice! I will definitely keep you all updated!
  • Yeah I agree with what everyone is saying.

From the looks of your exercise, you are getting in about hour or more of physical activity every day. And with running you burn 100 calories every mile or every 10mins...

So if I were you I would up my intake by a couple hundred, it'll probably work wonders.