Old 04-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/208.5/137.0

Height: 5'2"

Thoughts of swimsuit season is making me sick lol...I don't think I went swimming much last year. (even though we bought an above ground lol) I actually haven't bought a suit in probably 2 or 3 years..The main thing I hate is my legs and my back. Ugh..I just don't want to think about it anymore. I am in too good of a mood lol.
Sheena696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #17  

Bathingsuit season is always scary- but at least there are more swimsuit options than there used to be - I've been eyeing this one from L&T- basic black, and it will cover my tummy while I continue to get in shape
http://www.lordandtaylor.com/gifts/O...ID=2011356&c=1
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #18  
Finding myself...

S/C/G: 212/194.5/191

Height: 5'5

I always go for the tankini with halter top makes your breast look perky and awesome, and the bottom like a hot pant.... maintains everything in place and discrete but cute!!
casifromPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #19  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I haven't owned a bathing suit in almost 10 years!! But this summer I'm planning on getting one. I recently moved to Phoenix, AZ and if I want to survive the 115 degree summer I'm going to have to get into a pool sooner or later! I'm planning on buying from Newport News, they have tons of styles (and a feature I especially like called "build your own bikini" which lets you mix and match top and bottom styles) and it's inexpensive and they go up to size 18. I'm planning on a halter style top because it's flattering and a skirted bottom to contain the thighs a bit!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #20  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikaia View Post
Best swimsuit for someone who wants to keep thighs a bit more hidden would be either a skirted suit/tankini, or a pair of longer board shorts. Here's a pretty good one I've found:

Unfortunately, it only goes up through an XL (size 16), so not for the more plus-sized, but if you're in that range it's supposedly a pretty "roomy" fit. Here's the text that goes with, and a link to it (if the link doesn't work, go to "swimwear', then 'board shorts and more', then 'real boardie'):

Real Boardie and Surf Skirt
Our friend Jen designs surf-inspired gear for real women, doing real stuff, with real bodies. Roomy flattering fit doesn’t bind and does fit... our body, our lifestyle and our life. Quick drying poly micro. Boardie: Velcro closure, 9" inseam. Skirt: Zip closure, 18½" length on medium. Only at T9. Cement, Gypsy blue; S(4-6), M(8-10), L(12-14), XL(16)
Title 9 Sports Board Shorts

For tops, Title 9 carries a pretty decent selection of tankini tops and stuff, or just hunt around and find a place that has tankini tops, cause that's what works best with board shorts.
Thanks for the tips! That's awesome.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

I have been dreading bathing suit shopping! I am not ready yet, but I have been looking- I just refuse to try anything on! I saw some really cute suits in the May issue of More Magazine. The feature is called "suit yourself," which I thought was so cute because it is about finding the best bathing suit for you. Anyways, I really like the Nautica one on page 71 if anyone has the issue!!
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by casifromPR View Post
I always go for the tankini with halter top makes your breast look perky and awesome, and the bottom like a hot pant.... maintains everything in place and discrete but cute!!
hmmm, I could probably use the halter top, I didn't think of that- I just read an article in Sunday's Washington Post about a Lord and Taylor personal shopper- I was thinking of using one when I take the bathingsuit plunge- do you think if I told them what I was looking for they could pick out suits for my body type? Plus it might be nice to have an un biased opinion- my usual, brutally honest shopping friend, who I've counted on for years has just moved and I'm lost without her!
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #23  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Halter tops look great-- but if you're big boobied like me, they hurt your neck after a while!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote