Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I have to admit I do love my 360 but man does it piss me off when it decides to start freezing when playing games like rainbow6. Most irritating freezing experience occurred after playing oblivion for 5 hours and forgetting to save I actually cried. I'm holding off on the PS3 too many problems. It doesn't help Sony that great PS2 games are still coming out. Ex. God of war II, Guitar Hero II. My pride and joy though is my modded xbox. Dh and I own nearly every system dating back to super nintendo. So of course, we have to get a Wii, as well. Sadly, our 7 yr old DD is starting to get hooked on gaming too. Another incentive to get a Wii. I joke with my DH about rounding up some people who got the red ring of death from gaming sites to file a class action against microsoft. Paying $400 for something and having it break within a year for some people gotta be illegal. Especially since my xbox from the first gen still works excellently.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #17  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Most irritating freezing experience occurred after playing oblivion for 5 hours and forgetting to save I actually cried.
I feel your pain, sister. I had a similar experience while re-playing Diablo cause I was bored the other day. Four hours or so, and I died (stupidly, I might add. Freaken exploding barrels. I'm an idiot. )...and I hadn't saved once. I didn't quite cry because it's not like I was covering new territory, but still. It's frustrating to have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN.

Quote:
I'm holding off on the PS3 too many problems.
My boyfriend has a PS3, as I mentioned, and I don't think he's had any issues with it so far...although I do agree with you about the games. That's why I want his PS2!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #18  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I love those things!
I really want one of myself, my boyfriend is pondering getting one over the summer... so if I just wait long enough...
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #19  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

HEY !! I mensioned this thread to my boyfriend the other day-- and guess what he bought yesterday! A WII! AND my arms are sore!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #20  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

My boyfriend has a Wii and I love playing it with him! They are so much fun! The tennis and boxing is a great workout! So is this game called Wario Ware. It's a lot of moving and fun!
Dance Dance Revolution is also a GREAT workout, and so much fun!
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #21  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

I've been a fan of the Wii since June of last year when no one was really sure what to expect.... I can't find one anywhere here, but I do play it at friend's houses. I love bowling so much!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #22  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Just as a little update--I GOT A WII TODAY! I got to Target at about 8:02am (they open at 8). They had 3 in the case, and this other like 17 year old kid and I were standing there waiting for an associate to come unlock the case for us. I got the Wii, an additional remote controller, and Wario Ware. Tonight, we'll go shopping (Jeff has gift cards to GameStop/EB Games) and see if we can find another nunchuck controller and a couple more games (Paper Mario and Zelda). I'm so excited! I feel like a 9-year-old girl who finally got the pony she's been begging her parents for
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #23  
Chunky Dunker

Has anyone tried using wrist weights with their Wii ?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #24  

I have been wanting to ge tone. I played the bowling game once and had such a good time! I never thought of getting one for excersize, that is a great idea.
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #25  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeMeForSummer View Post
Has anyone tried using wrist weights with their Wii ?
Check out the "You know you're fitness freak when" thread in the Exercise forum. This totally belongs there.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #26  
Chunky Dunker

LOL-- hey.. I'll trick myself into working out anyway possible!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:39 AM   #27  
Life is a journey

S/C/G: over 200/over 200/under 200

Height: 5'3"

Red face Thanks

I am new to this website and am trying to find a forem. this thread just stuck out to me because I too am a gamer. My brother has a Wii and I love it. I have not got me one yet because of the cost. I love the fact that a video game can help you exercise. I think that is alot of the reason I am overweight. I start playing video games and can't quit.
I just thought I would write something because it is kinda cool to know that there are others like me. A sounds corny I know. But I am new to this.

Well, best of luck to all.
carebear288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 AM   #28  
TeenUser

S/C/G: 238/238/145

Height: 5'5"

my boyfriend has a wii...I guess i get embarressed about using it for exercise...He's also got one of those dance dance revelution floor pads...
Maybe it's just a fear of looking stupid...
Other than that, I've heard that a lot of people have used wii games and the ddr game to lose weight
There is an awsome side of video games.
bri
Brinana is offline   Reply With Quote