Old 04-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #16  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

The bellybutton isn't bad, I've never heard horror stories except the whole stretching thing and infections, but I also know how to wash myself I've actually caught myself pulling on mine to the point they look like they could pop out. I think once I wore some higher waisted pants and it bothered the button one, and the bottom is a full loop and will get caught over the ball of the side one...it's kinda funny lookin because I can put the loop over the top ball of the top piercing and it's like I close and lock my navel wow I have issues...
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Well, you guys have about talked me into going ahead and getting my tat lol... But, I'm still not 100% sure, I like the thought of saving it as an award for my weight loss... plus the location of where I want to get it (lower right back) is pretty.. "plump" I think I might just wait until I'm feeling more comfortable in my skin. Still pondering the thought though...
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

I'm going to get my navel pierced soon. In fact, I was going to do it today, but had another plans. Definitely next week.

I still have some pudge on my belly, but considerably less than I did before.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #19  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Hood piercing? GOTTA KNOW... What did THAT feel like? PAIN??
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/???/130

Height: 5'5

I'd like a tat too!! hehe....my hubby has a zillion of them, im scared i wont be able to take the pain. DH said if i can have a baby , i can deal with the pain!!! I want a small snowflake on my ankel ( sentimental reasons)
mimik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #21  

Height: 5ft7in

tats=4 peircings=formerly 5(non ear that is) just put my tounge and belly ring back in. I sooo want to start work on my back piece but im afraid to go get it priced
ThePickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #22  
Ilerjo

S/C/G: 268/191/146

well leslie i promised myself when i lost 50 lbs i would get my belly button pierced.i lost 59lbs at last weigh in,so i had it done and i'am 50 years old.i just love it! as a matter of fact i did my nose and tongue too! my husband says i going thru a mid-life crisis.me,i feel we get ONE chance at this life so go for it!will get my husband to take a picture and post it.
IlerJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:54 AM   #23  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

I would love to pierce my belly button when I lose weight, and wear a bikini, but I don't know if I'll do it. My belly looks like a zebra from all the pregnancy stretch marks.
I will definitely buy a new swimsuit! ( I haven't bought a new one in 7 years!!!!)
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #24  
Proud US Navy Wife

Get a new belly ring! Haha I got mine done after I turned 18 (I had been going to get a tat, but my mother freaked out so I dropped it.. the belly button I had always wanted done so a friend of mine and me just went one day ). But since I never show off my belly, I've had the same ring in there for about a year and it doesn't look as cute as it once did =/. So yea. Going to get some new body jewelery.

My originial plan had been to lose all my weight by mid-July, get all my friends together, and go for a major shopping spree. Well obviously Im not going to make that goal.. but I'm still saving and pulling for good shopping trip when I get there!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:19 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 265/208.5/137.0

Height: 5'2"

I want to get my navel pierced too, but I have a fear of ripping the thing out! lol That would most definately be my luck. I also plan on getting a tattoo, but I am not necessarily waiting on the weight loss for that since it is going on my shoulder. I just got to go and get it done. I want something with my sons name on it I just don't know what yet.
Sheena696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #26  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Mine's nothing to do with piercings or tats (I don't wear jewellery, and I've seen too many tats lose shape through old age, or pregnancy) but my ultimate goal is to go skydiving. I'm too big to do it now (and actully was refused permission, hence the goal)
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #27  
Proud Marine Wife

I didn't know they could refuse permission because of weight...but go you! I could never skydive, I'm terrified of heights.

Sheena, if you want to get a piercing, do it. Believe me, you can't rip out a bellyring. If you do, it will be excessive circumstances, like someone actually doing it for you with a great deal of strength. I actually pull on my 3 all the time when I'm bored and can pull them away from my stomach about half an inch without feeling it.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #28  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I have a full sleeve tat on my right arm and am working on getting my left sleeve colored in. I also have other various tattoos. When I lost the weight, the tattoos didn't get altered at all (except looking smaller ). In fact, I think they actually looked better after they shrank because they looked like they had tons of detail hahaha

I got the right sleeve done when I was at my goal weight before. Nothing changed about it when I gained weight back (70 lbs). I've lost 40 of those, and there hasn't been anything about the tat that has changed. I'm still in the middle of losing and I'm in the middle of getting the left sleeve done. So, I would say don't wait for those tattoos!!!

A side note about piercings - Any piercing that goes through your skin and is not on your ear will eventually push itself out. Sometimes people get lucky and it doesn't, but most of the time it does. Some people aren't aware of this, so just wanted to let you know! Your body treats it as a foreign object and over time (years) will push it out.

rock chalk chick - nice tat! Eventually I want to get a tattoo to symbolize my survivorship, and I decided on a rising phoenix. it's going to be huge though and cover just about my whole back up to where the birds and nautical star are

Last edited by modkittn; 05-21-2008 at 05:10 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #29  
Proud Marine Wife

I've had mine for almost 7 years and they haven't moved at all. It kinda depends on where they are and how they are done. Done right, they don't do it. I know tons of people that are all the same, they have no change. I mean, yeah it can happen, but I think it's more that a few are unlucky. I knew one girl who got her navel done and the guy messed up so she woke up the first night feeling a tickle on her stomach and it was bleeding. It really depends on the elasticity and rejuvenation rate of your own skin. Kinda the same concept as stretch marks, some women don't get them because of how their skin is. But I have seen tattoos that went all out of whack and it was just weird. Arms don't really gain and lose size like the rest of the body so you don't see much change with those.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #30  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Yeah I don't have any tats on my lower back or near my hips, so I can't speak to those. I'm not going to do that until I've had kids and know I won't have any more I have them on my arms, shoulders, back, and ankles. None of those changed as I gained/lost weight.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote