Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Angry plateau plateau

Week number two at this increased weight. What happened to my losing streak? I think if I cut my calories any more that would be unhealthy and I dont want to go down that path. I work out all the time and stick to about 1400 calories as an average.

Argh. Just venting my frustration. I'm not going to let this get me down. Must continue and I will see results in the end.. right?
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/148/125

Height: 5'6"

don't beat urself up about it too much. there are several things to keep in mind. for instance, if you work out all the time ...i'm sure u already know muscle weighs more than fat. another thing is sometimes people aren't meant to reach their goals due to the way they're body is. at 137 pounds, i'm sure you look terrific!!!! try not to think of it as weight lost but more inches lost and the fact that ur now in great shape!! MOST OF ALL...DONT GIVE UP
do the best you can and be happy with what you've accomplished.
ps i heard in hotter climates people tend to weigh more something about bodies swelling or something.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
JeepsterQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

That is one of the dreads of losing weight when you are already at a relatively low number: Plateaus can be pretty common. I needed to drop about 10 pounds last year and it took FOR-EVER. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but keep at it and you WILL get there. I also didn't realize how good I looked until I saw pictures of me in a bikini on the beach. At that point, I didn't care about the numbers that much, but how well I was taking care of myself. I think it does require a little different thinking as it can be more of a challenge.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Hang in there! You are really very close, so you WILL get there sooner or later, but it will take a bit more effort. Maybe zig zag your calories (one day mroe, the next day less, etc) and change up your workouts a bit? Or add something else to them? Take a long hard look at what you are eating too- when you get so close to goal you have to be super duper god to getthe last little bit off. See if there is something that you can change diet wise. You will find a way to bust through the plateau and get to your goal. Good luck!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #5  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Since you are working out all the time, and staying at the same weight at only 1,400 calories -- I would actually advise upping your calorie intake a little (by 100-200). With all that working out, your body may be holding onto whatever its got, thinking that you're trying to starve it.

For your weight, you'll be burning about 1,400-1,500 calories a day just by being alive & breathing, so maybe upping the calories a little (and continual exercise) can jumpstart that metabolism again. Sounds counterintuitve, but worth a shot.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

A trainer at the gym told me when I pleateau to change my workout. I normally do the same weight routines but take different classes. Also I dont know how much cardio your doing but try doing 10-20 mins more.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote