Old 03-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/173/148

Height: 5'7"

Default TOM Questions

Well it's that time of the month again and I've been reading through post trying to find out some information. Since I haven't found anything yet, I'll go ahead and post. First, for those of you who have lost 10+ pounds, have you noticed any differences during your TOM? Such as, length, cramps, bloating, fatigue.. Second, this is for all of the females, do you have any tips/tricks to relieve your symptoms during TOM? I'm currently taking Pamprin because it's caffeine free, when I took Midol (with caffeine) I would get jittery. It helps, but I'm wondering if there is something else that I can do to ease the symptoms more. I've also read somewhere that if you increase your calcium a few days before you are due that it will help with the cramps, anyone tried this?
Samybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Water, exercise, and heating pads are my cure-all for TOM. I started losing weight and taking the Pill at the same time (no coincidence there) so I don't know what was from the pill and what was from losing weight. I've never tried the calcium thing- sounds interesting. I will have to check that out
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Personally, I use heating pads and 800 motrins...and those just take the edge off. But heating pads are good, and alot of times if I've been working out the week beforehand the pain isn't as bad. Chocolate helps too, cause it has no calories during TOM, doncha know.
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #4  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

The only real change that I've noticed is that I still lose weight during TOM. I used to get so bloated and gain 5 lbs. or so just before TOM. This time I lost 2.2 lbs. I still exercise and maybe that makes a difference. I use my hot water bottle, elevate my feet and take Tylenol.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Take 2 aleve the day before your period, and keep taking it through day 2 every 12 hours (1 pill after the first dose). Prevent the cramps before they start, and they NEVER end up as bad as they did before.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote