Old 02-26-2007, 12:35 AM   #16  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Aggie alum here, so am well acquainted with Nuggets - nice place to go to specialty foods - but with a then-college student's budget I didn't frequent there much.
My grocery bill went down when i started shopping at Nugget. They have amazing quality for the same prices or lower (seafood has amazing specials, amazing veggie savings, and good prices on staple items, especially if they run a sale). You just have to watch the extras and specialty items, but it can be much cheaper if you're focusing on whole foods. I can't count the amount of money the bulk bins have saved me - being able to buy just a single dinner's worth of barley, or just enough nuts for my salad.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 395/319/185

Height: 6' 1"

Their comments are mostly just because they are bored. Or, if they are actually judging you, it'll be gone in just a second. They see so many people each day, and it gets really repetitive. Also, I'm sure there are people with worse carts than you. I know that every once in awhile, I would have a thought about what someone took into the fitting room I worked at, but it was usually gone by the time they came back out just because I was so busy.

What really makes me paranoid is eating in public. I hate to do it, even if it's something healthy just because "I'm fat and don't need it"
missindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'3"

Wow - lots of comments! Yeah - I bet the cashier was just bored and making conversation. I'll still try to avoid his line in the future! Or maybe just buy healthier things and nothing with the word "diet in it"

Also I have to say I'm an Aggie alum too and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Nugget!! My friends and I still talk about how much we miss shopping there! They make the best sandwiches ever! And you could definately find good deals there. Aww I miss Davis!
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

I can't remember ever having a moment like that with the cashiers. hubby and i go shopping on the same night each week to the same store usually, so they kinda know us... and sometimes we'll get helpful suggestions from the clerks..

hubby and i like our $3.00 chocolate bars like nothing else! once the clerk heard us debating on whether or not to get the one on sale or the green and blacks we so love... and he showed us one that was cheaper and he thought was just as good... we tried it, it wasn't.. but i thought that was nice of him anyway .

i have a problem eating in public too... and i REFUSE to eat at buffets.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #20  

My checker ALWAYS says "enough vegetables?" Cuz I buy a week's worth of salad, a week's worth of carrots for a work snack, and a week's worth of frozen veggys that I eat with my lunch.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #21  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

So many aggies! Nugget sandwiches = heaven - I still have a big sandwich on a baguette every few weeks or so because there is no WAY I could live without them, even if they are huge and delicious.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #22  

Haha, I read the posts backwards and started with "Nugget sandwiches = heaven".... Totally made me laugh as I had NO idea what the heck was going on and it sounds kind of... sketchy until the context was added.

Ah, anyway. Back to the thread
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote