Old 02-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #1  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking Weight Goals & Treating Yourself.

I thought I would start a thread on this. I was about to go to bed last night, and I decided to write my weight goals down and what I would treat myself with once I reached those goals. I thought I would share it with ya'll. Maybe it will motivate me more. My goal right now is getting to 160, which is my re-evaluation goal..and I may be alright there..or I may get down to 145. Not sure yet. But I've set treats for myself anyway.

199 - Whirlpool @ YMCA & 30 minute professional massage.

180 - New Outfit/Shoes & Loving Annabelle DVD.

170 - Swimming @ YMCA & Buy 3rd season of the L word.

160 - One hour professional massage.

150 - New Outfit & something else I haven't come up with yet.

145 - iPod!!! New Clothes!
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #2  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I don't really have a treat myself schedule -- though sooner or later I'll have to pretty much get a pile of new clothes since everything from my 20-30 pounds heavier days look SO baggy. But until I hit my goal (another 10-20 pounds away) -- I'll stick with belting it in and looking like a hip-hopper.

Professional massages ARE certainly great though -- I usually do that twice a year.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I just wanted to mention you might want to consider bumping that iPod up to a higher weight, because it will help you KILL your workouts! I attribute MOST of my weightloss to the iPod and the pump-you-up music I play on it at the gym!

SIGHHHHH....a massage would be so awesome right now!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:46 PM   #4  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

They play some awesome music on channel 10 at the Y here. So, I'm ok right now. I love just about all kinds of music except rap & opera...and they don't play either so I'm just great. LOL. If I got an iPod now that would just ruin everything. It's expensive..especially for me in my financial situation..so..I am gonna keep it right where it is.

Thanks for the advice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
Hi! I just wanted to mention you might want to consider bumping that iPod up to a higher weight, because it will help you KILL your workouts! I attribute MOST of my weightloss to the iPod and the pump-you-up music I play on it at the gym!

SIGHHHHH....a massage would be so awesome right now!
Old 02-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #5  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

I got to 150 and bought myself this perfume I've been wanting.
when I get to 140, hopefully in March, I am buying a formal dress to wear to this event for my bf's work.. and hopefully I look killer in it.
eightbitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #6  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Awesome, eightbitgirl. I might add that to my list. Some good smelling somewhat expensive cologne. hrmm. Thanks for the idea!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm treating myself to a massage when I hit 145 - only 35 dollars from a massage school!
And when I get under 130 (and maintain that for awhile) I am getting a tattoo... hopefully that will coincide with getting my Master's as well in December (a double treat!).
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #8  

Haha, silverplum! We have the same goal! In December, when I get my Master's, I am getting a tattoo Hopefully I'll also be at goal by then. We're on the same schedule!

I don't really have increment rewards either, because I can't shell out the money for a massage every month or two. My reward for losing weight will be to not have a double chin in my wedding photos

I think, though, if I get into the low 170's some time in the summer (seems like an easy goal to make, but this weight loss thing isn't second nature and takes a long time for me), I will allow myself some money to go buy a couple of skirts or even (gasp) a summer dress. I realllly want to feel comfortable in summer dresses Hmm, maybe I should start saving money......
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #9  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

My reward will be to wear some of the clothes in the forbidden side of my closet. As of now it seems my closet goes from left to right, large black clothes to small colorful clothes from a few years ago when I previously lost weight and was about 90 pounds thinner.. there are some cute summer dresses in there that I would like to fit into again.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Kae -- the reward is fitting back into my new clothes.

Also, I am planning a trip to Greece in August so hopefully I'll get down to at most 140 lbs. by then and I'll be happy.
Crescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7''

I didn't have rewards set out but I definitely did reward myself when I hit a milestone...e.g. hitting 1 stone lost, under 220, 210 etc. My rewards were anything from getting a painting professionally framed to a new bath lotion to a haircut to new jeans. The cost of the rewards didn't always increase with the weight I lost.

For my goal weight reward I have planned a mega holiday. I've taken 6 weeks off work in July to go to travel China, Mongolia and Russia. It'll be something to defintely keep me on track!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #12  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Finn, I think that sounds like a great trip. I would love to visit Guatemala again when I am in shape. Climbing pyramids would definately be easier for me when I'm 100 pounds lighter (not that I didn't enjoy it before but I had a **** of a time getting to the top, haha.)

I am planning on visiting my brother and his wife this summer in New York. I know I will not be to goal but I can be in better shape than when I saw them a year ago.

My mom is also planning a family vaca. to Disney this Dec. If I keep my pace up I will be in great shape for the trip. It would be nice to go on any ride my little sister wants me to go on with her and not have to worry about being 2 fat.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #13  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Trips are always a good reward and motivator!!

For me, before xmas I rewarded myself with victoria's secret pjs for the first time in my life (and undies teehee).
I plan on rewarding myself over the next few months with some free facial offers I have.

I don't have weight goals for these rewards.......just when I am feeling good about myself and my effort I will go.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3

Hmm..I don't really have any rewards set out though it is a good idea. I guess the reward for me will finally being able to make it into the military like I want to. :-) I really do need new clothes though since none of mine fit right now except a few old clothes I had in the closet..haha.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'3"

Ha - I agree with everyone... fitting into my old clothes will be the best reward of all. I refuse to buy anymore clothes at this weight.. hopefully the motivation of only having 2 pairs of jeans will kick me into gear.

Jamie - that's funny about the tattoo/masters! What are you getting your masters in? I was gonna get a tattto after I finished undergrad but chickened out instead.
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote