Old 02-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Back Again

Hello Everyone!

I posted on here a couple of times last year, but never stayed around. Well, this year I made it my goal to become healthier and lose weight. I have started walking everyday, and eating better than I have been, I am still working on tweeking my diet. I really don't even want to call it a diet, more like a lifestyle change. My husband and I are going on a trip in April and I would like to lose a few pounds before then, so that is my first goal. My ultimate goal is to be 130lbs by my daughters birthday (November 12), but if that doesn't happen I will just keep going.

I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Rebecca
Becca2581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #2  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Rebecca! You're already off to a great start. It's really important to see it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. And great job on walking and eating better! It's hard to get into it, but once you're really into it, it gets so much easier and you stop realizing all the amazing changes you've made.

I am Tracy, I talk excessively and use tons of smileys, and I know a bunch more people will be seeing your post in the next hour so get ready for tons of responses. What kinds of food changes are you making? And how do you plot your progress with walking, by distance, time, etc? You should join up with out fitness challenges, where we all choose how long we plan to exercise for the month and having it there for everyone to see helps us stay focused and motivated. I'm sure you know all about these things though, so have fun and good luck!
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #3  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

I forgot the carrot...

TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #4  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Rebecca.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
What kinds of food changes are you making? And how do you plot your progress with walking, by distance, time, etc?
I have started eating smaller portions than I had, more fresh fruits and vegetables and less junk food (this is still tough, but I am doing better than I was). I am slowly eliminating soda from my diet, which has also been tough.
I track my walking with minutes, I have 4 breaks at work, two 10 minutes and two 15 minutes, and I walk during break. I think I will join the fitness challenge.

Thank you for the nice welcome!
Becca2581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sure you'll do great this time around!!!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote