Old 02-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #76  
Chuggin' along...

Happy Friday ladies,

I'm so proud of myself for behaving at this birthday dinner last night! I ate only half of my huge steak (lean only) and potato and brought the rest home for another day, had raw veggies appetizer and 1/2 deviled egg, and one piece of cake with one half cup ice cream. I mean - that's actually a fairly normal meal, minus the dessert. And I didn't drink anything but water. That put me at 2200 calories for the day. My high calorie day for the week, but nothing crazy. Whew. I can do this!

I missed yoga which I was very bummed about but instead I spent over two hours (mostly on hold) w/ the airlines trying to get them to honor a flight credit they said they gave me, then when I tried to call and use it they basically said it didn't exist in their system. However 6 service reps later I got them to honor it, and am going to visit my best girlfriends from college in a few weeks in Boston. I'm very excited!

I think we've got great potential for a famous member to emerge from our boards. We're all definitely independent, do-what-we-want no matter what's in the way types. An immaculate conception would definitely be funny.

muzikjunky, I'm glad you had such a great day w/ your mom and were able to do something that made her feel so good. Umm...could you describe the "hand/arm bicycle" a little more? Do you mean a rowing maching? Rowing machines are in fitday under "conditioning exercises." Other than that, if I've done something that's more cardio, I'll include it under general "aerobics", muscle, under "calisthenics" or "weightlifting."

trnsfrmnreplace, I love the new sigy. Perhaps it's time for me to rejoin the challenge so I can use it.

Have a great Friday and a great weekend everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #77  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

lol. Doubt it Tracy. She's in bad health, and also she has a hip replacement..and her other knee is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyFAdams View Post
Yay Brooke! I'm glad your mom is doing so much better. Who knows, maybe after her brace comes off she'll be up at the Y with you guys outrunning you all
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #78  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

haha yeah...but hey, you still never know. People tend to surprise, and doctors sometimes have no idea what they're talking about. My grandpa has literally died half a dozen times in hospitals and we are convinced he'll outlive us all
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #79  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Ok..you sit down, and in front of you is an RPM thingy-ma-bobber...and two handles to grip onto...I dunno what else to say. lol. It's like a bicycle...but..for your hands.. -shrugs-

I guess I will put it under conditioning exercises..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post
muzikjunky, I'm glad you had such a great day w/ your mom and were able to do something that made her feel so good. Umm...could you describe the "hand/arm bicycle" a little more? Do you mean a rowing maching? Rowing machines are in fitday under "conditioning exercises." Other than that, if I've done something that's more cardio, I'll include it under general "aerobics", muscle, under "calisthenics" or "weightlifting."
Old 02-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #80  
Proud Marine Wife

I saw it under aerobic hand cylces...it's under cardio equipment, just like a regular stationary bike. So depending on how difficult the cycling was, it falls under low-high impact aerobic/cardio. I hope that helps
Old 02-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #81  
Chuggin' along...

Ohhh, ok, now I'm picturing the right machine. Definitely can't find it in fitday. Isn't that frustrating? They don't even have elliptical machine (I enter "ski machine" instead of elliptical, though it seems to underestimate calories burned - anyone have better suggestions?). Yet they have "orienteering, " "wallyball," and 17 different running categories. Oh well, I just use it as an estimate anyway...
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #82  

Guess what I am wearing today (luckily my work has a very casual dresscode, the perk of advertising)??? THE JEANS!!! They fit! They fit! I mean if I bend over they may split, but THEY FIT!

I just have to keep being healthy. My 2 upcoming obstacles are: 1) Superbowl, and 2) Valentines weekend visit with boyfriend (we already have reservations at all of my favorite places)
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #83  

Another thing I am worried about is in order to lose the weight I had to cut the side of carbs (which was usually a cup of rice) for lunch and dinner, and no dessert (which was usually a weight watch ice cream product). I am scared if I start bringing those back I will gain the weight back.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #84  
Proud Marine Wife

YAY!!!! Okay, maybe you could wear the jeans to your superbowl event if possible...as far as Valentine's Day, since they are your favorite places you probably know the menus pretty well so go ahead and decide what you're having and plan those days far ahead of time so you won't get there and have to worry. I bet in no time, you'll need a belt. And I would go ahead and slowly add things back to your diet, just make sure you leave room for it calorie-wise. Like maybe half a serving of your starchy side and throw in the dessert. There are some great low-fat low-cal choices for desserts, so I'm sure you can find something that won't throw things off.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #85  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Megan1982 - thank you! Come and join in. Set any goals you want.

CookieMonster416 - Congrats! Keep up the good work.. Sooner or later you will be complaining again that they don't fit.... but this time they will be too big!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #86  

Thanks girls!

Technically I have been planning my Valentine's Weekend menus, but let me tell you that you would all yell at me and lock me in a closet. As of now I am planning to indulge (hopefully not a full on binge...) The devil on my shoulder is telling me that I deserve it and what will 1 weekend of indulging really do in the grand scheme of things? (bad devil bad!)

Also with adding in things, I'm almost thinking I'd rather add back wine on the weekends than the carbs during meals...
Old 02-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #87  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Man oh, Man. I remember someone posting something on here once that how you can tell when something you eat is bad for you because of the way you feel. I felt HORRIBLE last night, and all up into the early morning. We had a double date last night, watched a movie...and yeah...got chinese...and man did my stomach HURT. I was telling Melody that I bet it was trying to ask me why the **** did I feed it something like that..when it wanted a piece of grilled chicken with some veggies and a piece of whole wheat texas toast or something. ROFL.

Anywho...I don't think I am going to do that again anytime soon. I still feel kind of blah. I didn't even exercise yesterday like I had planned....which probably was a part of me feeling horrible. I worked out 5 hours last week though. I guess it's ok to have two days off? every now and then?

Well...hope everyone is having a good day so far.