Old 01-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #16  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

How did you do it though without feeling like your stomach was about to pop? I have tried it before, and I just feel SOOO bloated, and miserable. What I am doing now, I am very satisfied, I am very energetic, and I sleep well at night for the first time in FOREVER. See, I have insomnia, and With working/exercise..I am tired around 11PM 12AM, and I sleep like a baby until 8-9 in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
I'm going to politely agree with everyone who says that 1000-1300 calories is too little. Your not going to be losing just fat, your body is going to start attacking muscle tissue as well.

I was in the SAME boat as you. I was eating 1200 calories a day because I thought I had to. Well just the past 2 weeks I upped my caloric intake to 1700 calories and I'm losing weight just the same as I was eating 1200 and I feel MUCH better. More energy!
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #17  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Just a thought

You say you are more a veggie person than a fruit person, so I am thinking you eat a lot of salad? what about slicing up and avacado in the salad, high in nutrients, good fats and higher in calories. The other thought I had was to have nuts (1 oz) as a snack. Also good fats, nutrients and higher in calories, both of these are lower in volume, then you wouldn't feel bloated or stuffed.

Just a thought and I am sure there are other foods that are higher in calories and smaller portions that are healthy, but these are two that I use a lot
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #18  

Exclamation where does it tell you that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikjunky View Post
Fitday is saying I need 1,300 or so calories as a max.
I'm also having a hard time figuring out how many calories i should be eating. Fitday tells me i'm burning around 3500 calories per day... different sites say you should eat 1000 calories less than you burn per day to lose 2 lbs per week... that would me i should eat 2500 calories... it doesn't make sense to me. I'm currently eating around 1700 calories with not much to show for it.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #19  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I love a good salad, yes. But, I have never had avacado. What does that taste like? lol. I am sometimes real scared to try new things like that because money is tight right now as it is, and if I buy it..don't like it..then it just goes to waste, yanno?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #20  

avocado doesn't really have any flavor... it does however have a very rich buttery texture that people find indulgent. Personally, it doesnt agree with me so i stay away from anything containing even small amounts of avocado.....
Old 01-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #21  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

They don't sound like they are that appetizing. But, they say don't knock it until you try it. When I get paid next week I will get one and try it in a salad.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #22  
Recovering Couch Potato

S/C/G: 168/139/135-ish

Height: 5'6"

At 1,000-1,300 calories a day, you're not even eating enough to fulfill your Basal Metabolic Rate--i.e. what your body needs for basic functions like breathing, cell maintenence, digestion, etc. At 5'7" and at your current weight, your BMR is around 1,760 calories, so if you eat less than that, you will lose weight, but your body will be in starvation mode, and you'll be losing water and muscle mass, not just fat. You'll also be more likely to gain weight when you do increase your caloric intake for maintenence, activity, etc.

Your best bet would be to meet with a dietition, map out your activity level, etc., and determine a diet and caloric intake based on the professional's advice. That small a caloric intake, no matter how satisfied you feel, will not serve your body well in the long run.
Jasmine419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #23  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Anyone have a nutritionist as a friend that will be willing to give some free advice? lol. I can't see one because I don't have the money. And that's a problem, eh?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #24  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

..Oh...and no insurance. So, yeah...
Old 01-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #25  

Height: 5'9"

I have steadily been able to lose 1-2 pounds a week by eating 1800-2200 a day, but then again I exercise daily, have a lot of muscle compared to other women my age and size, and I'm tall. I watch what I eat and work out with a friend of mine who probably weighs the same as I do, but is about five inches shorter and doesn't work out as intensively as I do (understandable, 'cause not everyone loves being all drenched in sweat), and she has to cut her calories down to 1400-1600 per day in order to lose. Conversely, I have another friend who is six feet tall, a varsity rugby player, and I swear I've never seen anyone eat so much in my life (like she'll just eat three Big Macs) and never gain a pound. (I'm a bit jealous ... haha.)

Lesson learned? The number of calories you should be eating is based on so many factors, like height, weight, lean body mass, activity level, etc. I really would see a doctor before going below 1500 or so, 'cause that seems intuitively dangerous to me, unless you're a small person.
iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #26  

I thought exercising daily was hard... this whole calorie intake thing is much harder to master!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #27  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

lol. You're telling me, Susie. Sheesh! My Mom said that I am eating right. But I should add about 200-300 more calories a day. To make a total of 1,500. She has lost over a hundred pounds, and kept it off for years. So, I fixed me a sandwich for my 3rd meal of the day. Whole Wheat bread, small slice of onion, 1/3 cup of lettuce, small slice of tomato, fat free cheese, tbsp of light mayo...and had some of those quaker ranch crisps or what not. It was good. About 400 calories added on. I usually have a lean cuisine for my 3rd meal, and the ones I eat only have 180 calories, so...I am trying. Also had a handful of nuts for a snack earlier. I think that's about 120 calories. The can is across the street at my townhouse. I am going to go over there later and get the nutrition info to add a custom on my fitday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_sunshine View Post
I thought exercising daily was hard... this whole calorie intake thing is much harder to master!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #28  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Thought I would show you the pix of my Mom. The comparison. BIG difference. It was such a big difference, that when she had to have her drivers license changed they let her keep her old one. LOL.

This was us in 1994.

And this is her now.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Well I agree with your mom that 1500 calories is more like it. I would go with a minimum of 1500 calories then

BTW. I don't like plain avacado but I loooove guacamole. Mine is healthy. Here is the recipe I use:

2 avacados, mashed
1/2 chopped green pepper
1/2 chopped tomato
1/2 chopped red onion
1/2 tsp chili powder

You can scoop it up with tortilla chips. It's super yummy.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #30  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I will have to try that. Thanks!

I don't know what I am going to do. I have only had 1,050 calories today so far.... =/ That's after dinner and everything. and it's almost 9 PM. I guess I will just have to try harder tomorrow to get more calories in. I guess instead of just having a protein shake for breakfast...which is like 210 with the powder and my soy milk..I will add something else. Like..a banana..or something.... I just divided 1,500 by 5..and I need to eat about 300 calories for each meal...Gonna try harder tomorrow...