Old 01-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #31  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Amber - WOW! Great job on getting up that early to exercise! I probably couldn't do that. I have enough trouble waking up at 9. hahaha. I am glad that you are feeling great today! Amazing.

Miss Michelle - That's great! Glad you are doing so well. About the candy bar. When I was going to Curves last year a woman told me she buys a small snack size bag of snickers, or whatever candy bar & she puts them in the freezer. Every now and then, I think she said twice a month..she would take one out of the freezer, let it thaw just a bit, and then eat it. She said she did it a bit because she had to chew more and it made her feel more satisfied, and she didn't feel the need to have another one. Anywho, that's great that you had just 1/4 of it! Congrats!

Fae- You can do it! We all believe in you.

Woke up again this morning, and went to work out. I have a bit of a problem though. It seemed TOO easy. I didn't sweat as much either. I think I should pick up the speed a bit, but I wanted to ask ya'lls advice first. I do 30 minutes, almost 1.50 miles, at a 3.0 speed. Well, that's what I did today anyway. Yesterday I switched it up a bit, and I think I over did myself. I was reading somewhere on the boards & I think I am going to start that couch to 5k thing from coolrunning next week. Sounds great. To be able to run for 30 minutes!!

Another question. How much protein is too much? Or can you not get enough? I have been trying to balance out my carbs/protein..and I did a great job yesterday. I think 41% was protein...39% was carbs..and 18% was fat.

Well, hope you all are having a great day.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #32  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hello laaadies..almost friday! My workouts are finally starting to make me feel better, and I'm really pushing myself in that department. Food, not so much. That is always the way for me. I envy people who can eat right without a lot of effort. I'm trying to work on my emotional eating, because it isn't like I don't KNOW whats good and what isn't.

I'll be glad when my grocery budget is a little looser so I can buy more healthy food. I keep running out of healthy food and being left with random "junk" food.

Michelle- I've found that working out helps me limit what I eat too. Yet another positive about exercising! Could your weight gain be a hormonal thing? Or maybe just water retention in general?

Steph- Oh, I believe you. I was surprised at how much of a work out I felt just doing the first week's worth. I don't know why I expected myself to be in better shape than that.

Daisy- I'm glad you've broken through that negativity to join us I was there, believe me.

Amber- I'm not an early morning person, but I found that a) working out in the mornings made me feel good all day, and b) 430 doesn't really feel that much different from 630 if you don't like waking up early. I'm glad you had a good time with your trainer!

Fae- Yes, drinking is bad! hehe.. although.. yes.. I've done more than my

Dreamer- Hello Good luck with your BL challenge

Brooke-
I've read different amounts of time for picking up a new habit, but 3 weeks sounds about right. And yes, if you`re not sweating I would recommend upping the speed or incline until you start having to work again. I just started doing the Couch 2 5K workout plan. I've only done the first week of workouts so far, but I think it is pretty fun and it pushes me to do more than I otherwise would.

Lori- Welcome!! We always have room for one more!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #33  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Does anyone who has a fitday know how to put in the steps that you've taken in a day from your pedometer and adding it on the exercise log? I am so confused. lol. I have been very active today. Almost have made 13,000 steps, including my treadmill workout this morning..and working two jobs (10 hours).

Wasted- Thanks for the reply! I will up my speed tomorrow morning, I am sure that will help.

So, tomorrow is my weigh in for the week, and I am scared! lol. I hope I did good this week. Also I will be measuring tomorrow to post it on my fitday. Scared about that also. I am sure it will be ok though.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #34  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies! Happy New Year! Here I am, ever the lurker, hardly ever the poster. I've tried to catch up on some of the back posts to see what's been going on with everybody.

I had a really good holiday season, health-wise. I started eating the Christmas cookies about 3 weeks before Christmas, then a week before Christmas found I could barely squeeeeeze into my bridesmaid's dress for sis's wedding Dec. 30 and was at 150 lbs. There's some motivation. By the time I left for vacation/wedding Dec. 23 I was behaving food-wise (read: eating healthy foods only when hungry, balancing diet properly), got a gym pass in my vacation town and used it, and generally showed self-control that had been missing for months. The dress fit for the wedding and I've kept it up since getting home. I hope, I hope I can keep it up. It's been about 3 weeks now, the longest exercise in willpower I've shown in about a year.

Yesterday I went to yoga, which was very nice for my leg muscles sore from step class Wednesday. I also got the "Best Ever Vegetable Cookbook" for Christmas and I love it!

WastedThermos, gl figuring out the key to emotional eating. Share it when you've figured it out, ok?

muzikjunky, here are some websites about protein (take them for what you will):
http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/protein.htm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14563169/
I have heard/read conflicting info about how much you need if you're active, and how much is too much. If personally try for 25-30%P/50%C/20-25%F. Looking at your %s I would say maybe a little less protein, a bit more fat (of course I don't know much about your history/health plan - sorry if I'm presuming to jump in and offer advice here). I try for a bare minimum of 25 g fat/day, and then maybe anywhere from 80-110g protein/day. If I don't get in a high protein meal (30+ g) after a hard cardio or weights session I do notice I am more sore/tired the next day.

Michelle, we're all allowed a down day now and then. Sounds like an awesome workout on the treadmill - good for you for focusing on how you feel, not the scale! You remind me that I need to focus less on numbers, too.

Amber, OMG. That is all I have to say. You are hard core. Well done!

Hi to everyone else! I'm glad I emerged for lurker-dom.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #35  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hi everyone!

Well, I want to throw my scale out the window... it's been reading 185-187! I know one night of drinking with a couple of bad food choices (the worst of which was a big bag of popcorn) probably did not do me a world of good, but it also does not explain such a gain, considering this time last week it was saying 178! My only thought is that I am gaining muscle... I started phase 2 of PUSH last week, but just really started getting into it this week, and boy oh boy it is different.. and difficult! Measuring my waist (sucked in, but thats how I always do it) proved that, reading 34 inches. So Im hiding my scale under my bed for a week and a half, and eating in the lower part of my calorie range (about 1400) for most of that time (I got a gift card to IHOP for Christmas, so thats going to be used... and hopefully I wont go too much over!) and hopefully when I weigh myself again, on the 22, the scale will be right where it is supposed to be!

(Im trying not to sound as pissed as I am.... I mean, that is a healthy gain, one that I want, but it doesn't make it any easier that the numbers have gotten bigger)

muzik - let me know how it goes! I have a secret ambition to run marathons, and right now I cannot run to save my life! And from how you sound yes, you do need a change in routine.. your body might be getting used to what you are doing!

mod- Hi! Jump right in!

Liz - I know what you mean about the people who eat right without trying... for me, its hard because I'm super-picky (my father has teased me since I was young that Im on a beige diet... if it is any other color, I won't eat it!) But at least you're starting the change by getting back into the swing of things with working out.

Megan - good job! I know when I go on vacation, I don't count calories, just watch what I eat and don't eat when I'm not hungry... and I actually LOST over the holidays! And yay for fitting in the bridesmaid dress. And more yay for not lurking.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #36  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

So, I just did my weigh in, and I have lost 6 lbs...that's too much for a week. I mean, I feel good about it...but then I am like...damn...that's unhealthy. Could some of it be water weight..and should I up my calories and take an off day from exercise? I dunno. =/
Old 01-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #37  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Modkittn- Thanks. Thats what I thought at first. I'm always a bit nervous when I lose that much weight in a week even if I do think it's water weight. lol. Well, off to exercise. Tomorrow and Sunday are off days, so..have to get over there today. heh.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #38  
Chuggin' along...

muzikjunky, I agree with modkittn. Some of it is probably water weight. If you continue to lose 6 pounds a week, then consider revising your plan.

Fae, I've heard and seen some evidence with my own working out that when I'm lifting heavily and building muscle, the body will retain a bit more water. If you know you're eating and working out well, don't worry so much about the scale.

I'm going camping tomorrow night - how exciting! Have a great weekend everyone.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #39  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Hi Megan.. Welcome! Camping sounds fun!! Tooo cold for that here but sounds like fun, I LOVE camping!

Brooke: I lost that much weight for the first few weeks, then it died down after that.. Alot of it depends on water weight, sodium, etc..
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Daisyboo: Woo hoo for lurkers! Hey, at least we're reading, right? Its actually Giselle Bundchen (sp?) Looks like Jen though... Come to think of it, I've seen pretty much the SAME picture with Jennifer Aniston in it Hahaha... Good to see you too!!

Oh girls, can I just say I'm SO HAPPY THIS WEEK IS OVAAH!
I've been sick for the past couple of weeks, so I'm hoping I can get over that really soon, and I'm just looking forward to seeing loved ones soon!

Bah, this diet thing is a real stinker... But I promise 2007 is the year I run! (Finally)
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #41  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Well, here it is Saturday morning, got up at 7am and met with my trainer at 715 this morning for circuit training.. It was different and suuuuuuch a workout.. I was soooo outta breath at times we had to stop & let me catch it. She's working me HARD! And giving me that extra push whereas if i were on my own, i'd just give up .. she keeps me going.. I am SOOOOOO glad i've hooked up with her. We worked out for 40mins.. My arms are still sore from Thursdays morning workout and we just added on top of it today..LOL I am grateful she's mixing things up and it's not the same thing time after time.. i think she's going to be a fantastic trainer! I'll give her name to anyone who asks.

Going to be stuck inside allllll weekend. It's cold/sleeting right now.. Hoping we don't get a massive amount of ice/snow. Going to clean house today.. Or at least attempt. It's hard to do when everyone is at home.. I do a much better & faster job when everyone is gone. I'm gonna keep the kiddos upstairs.. LOL Have a great day everyone!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #42  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi ladies. Just stopping in to say hello.

I got TOM this week so I didn't even bother getting on the scale and I may not next week either depending on when it ends. My goal for the week is to bring breakfast and lunch to work every day. I'll save money and eat better.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #43  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I've been having a rough time this evening. Many temptations. A friend backed out on me for hanging out, and I was really bored. I started to order chinese and didn't. Then I started thinking about chocolate, and wanted a candy bar...went downstairs to fix me a lean cuisine..and stopped the microwave. Went to Food Lion and got me some raspberry seltzer water to go with my dinner..and again I kept looking at things..candy bars..almost stopped..then I started thinking about ice cream...didn't get any of those things. I just finished my dinner..and I am alright now. I hate that, yanno? Emotional eating... Well, honestly..I had a teaspoon of Nutella..but the serving size is two tablespoons...so..I didn't do "too" bad...

Oh, and to top it off..someone must have shook the seltzer water in the store..because when I opened it up..FIZZZZZZZZZZZ..ALLLLL over the place, and even more on me. >.<!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #44  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Thanks for the advice, modkittn. The thing is, I am not on WW. I did it back in 2001 when my big sister (from the program) took me there, we went there together for awhile, and then I couldn't go anymore. I guess it was too much money, I have no idea. How many calories, carbs, and fat are in them?

So, no one has made the new board..so I guess I will wait until someone does until I post my story from last night. I am proud of myself!! Then afterwards something happened that upset me, but..I am ok. Rude people!!