20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 11-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #46  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Chloe- work sucks :P I think the world would be a better place, if workplaces said you could come in late, but you HAD to use your extra morning time to do some exercise. Wouldnt that be awesome. It would also be great if they could meal plan for me too

TGIF!! Massively tired today. Overate yesterday after a few good days. Trying harder now. That reminds me, i must top up my phone so i can use the spark people app today. Arggg so many things to do. And im already running late!!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I am typing one handed while softening up some polymer clay to take my baby's hand print... hehe...

Weighed today and I am on track to maintaining again this week. I have maintained between 224 and 226 for the past 4 weeks. We'll see. Gosh I was really hoping to get back into the pre preggo clothes by January... simply because I don't have anything to wear.

There... hand print of sleeping baby taken.

Okay, now I'm going to fire up some Zumba before she wakes up. And before my husband gets home. Because he thinks Zumba is stupid and wants me to remain fluffy and 'cuddly'. He doesn't seem to remember that I cuddled just fine before I was pregnant. That's how I GOT pregnant. x_x
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #48  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Breakfast Burritos - make ahead and freeze - awesome time saver, as I refuse to make breakfast on a workday for SOME reason, . I had like 8 frozen and ready to microwave. Still have a couple, actually. Very easy to tailor to your tastes too. I wanna try it with hash-browns next instead of the chunks of potato I used last time.

Everlasting, "He doesn't seem to remember that I cuddled just fine before I was pregnant. That's how I GOT pregnant. x_x" made me laugh out loud! Then mutter, "so cute!" and fall into giggles. Is that weird? haha!
Also, my mother brought some tree decoration ideas to my attention, and I found one that might interest you? I took a pic, it loaded sideways though :

I'm tempted to play with scents and spices!

Oh, Chloe! I had a guy who used to work at a meat packing plant mention sticking bengay under his nose to block strong smells. Hopefully, we'll never have to resort to that .

Thank you, Miss! Still stuffed, and it sure killed my plan to walk the 6.1 miles to my parents house this morning. I pictured myself stopping every once in a while, huffing and puffing like I was running or something! My mom commented on my heavy breathing while I was leaned over, helping her with her math classwork.

Well, I have been tasked with driving some Turkey Day leftovers up to my younger brother. A hour and sixteen minutes one-way, he better feel the love , buahahahaha! I think I'll drop some of the desert I made off to my friend's house on the way. Spread the calories... err, love, yes, love! Hey, less sweets and meats in my fridge, the better for my expanded waist line! I might even get a nice evening walk in with the pooch.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

The cat keeps stealing the Q-tips I used to put the diaper rash cream on the baby out of the garbage. The cat is black. The cat suddenly has white stripes all over his nose and face. The cat has also developed the habit of chasing me to the bathroom every time I change baby's diaper and sitting in the sink, while the water is running. So he gets soaked, then he waits for things to thieve. Of course the Q-tips are his favorite so I usually try to get them into the can before he goes after them. But he's been pretty good lately about stealing the baby's pacifier (right out of her mouth), as well as the diaper pins. I turn around and don't have any pins to fasten the diaper on with. So then I have to put the baby on the floor so she doesn't roll off the counter, chase the cat through the house to get the pin, go back to the bathroom where the baby has usually squiggled out of her diaper because it was not pinned all the way, and usually she then takes this moment to pee on the floor. It's awesome. I need a better system.

In better news, I did Zumba yesterday. I put in the 45 min video and got through about 30 minutes before baby woke up. I managed to do 10 more minutes while holding her. She liked the bouncing. And I got to use an 8 1/2 lb weight instead of just doing arm motions. We also got a walk in after that. I also made biscuits and gravy for DH for supper and put my gravy over steamed veggies, which was great. So my count is currently:

Good eating: 3
Exercise: 2

My mom is coming to visit today. She's an obsessive grandma... I've had to ward her off or she'll be over here every time she has a day off, and she lives 3 hrs away. She'll be here for the weekend so we decided to do t-giving meal tomorrow. I think I'll try to get my mom to do Zumba with me. It will be funny. Or at least I'll have her watch the baby and I can get all my exercise in this weekend. She likes going for walks too so I won't have to go alone, which is encouraging.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #50  
Warning 3FC Addict

Everlasting, That is one crazy cat! Haha! Her first grandbaby?

Well, hello there, TOM, I haven't seen you being so serious in months.
Between it and a back-to-back set of Turkey-Day dinners, I'm rather happy with a .4 gain .

(I went to go visit a friend a few hours after her dinner was to be, and it seems like her turkey wasn't done until I walked through the door. So I went and took a little bit of everything and sat down with everyone, nearly chugging water as seconds were sought after in order to convince myself that more wasn't needed on my plate, and the movement of the water glass helped me blend in as the forks were darting plate to mouth for everyone else, haha!)

WEIGH IN TODAY!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 11-26-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #51  
Social Butterfly

S/C/G: 250/246/115

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I've been away. With Thanksgiving this week, school and work just dropped bomb after bomb on me. If I wasn't at work, I was at school. If I wasn't there, then I was working out.

... Or at my sister's trying not to throttle her.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving (for those of you in US and celebrated) and good luck with the weigh in!
HeathBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #52  

So I lost a pound. I wish it could be more, but I am NOT changing my ticker because I'll be back at 268 soon. Right...?
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #53  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

I lost a pound this week. Happy that it's a pound lost but I'm not sure it was in the healthiest way. There were a couple days where my calories were well under my caloric goal. I think this new medication dosage I'm on is messing with my appetite. It's more that I don't realize until evening that I've barely had anything to eat all day. Like today, at 5pm I was only at 480 calories and I wasn't all that hungry. Luckily dinner tonight was higher calorie so I made it up to my goal but it's still a little weird for me. I think I'm going to setup a food schedule for myself that way I can remember to eat, at least until I've adjusted to this medication. I have a physical in a week or two so I can ask my doc about it then.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #54  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey team, sorry I've pretty much been absentee the last couple of weeks. I was traveling and didn't always have Internet access. It has not been pretty, plan-wise, let's just say. India was great, the food was amazing. Probably too amazing. Also my best-laid plans to work out when i was away didnt happen at all. I could have, i stayed at hotels with gyms, but i just was a bum and didnt. Why work out while i could eat, no? #oyvey When I got back on Friday, I stepped on the scale immediately and weighed 186.5. Nearly 8 lbs up. I know part of that was general travel-related+TOM etc but still I'm sure I ate a good part of those 8 lbs. Anyway weighed in today at 180 (forgot yesterday), which I'll definitely take! It's kind of bard getting back into a normal eating pattern. I'm so used to indulgence now that it's hard to stick to plan, but I'm trying. I've been on plan with exercise though and put in quite a few workout hours since I got back.

Ive really enjoyed catching up on all our teAm posts and getting to know everyone through them.
Everlasting: there was a birthday whilst I was away, cake was involved. I will admit that a huge part of my calorie count the past few days has been black forest cake. There's only 1 piece left though. And hopefully I'm too polite to snag it. You seem to have done much better than me! How did you do it? Also I totally LOL'd at "He doesn't seem to remember that I cuddled just fine before I was pregnant. That's how I GOT pregnant."

Mommywannabe: I've been trying to find my gym motivation too. I workout a lot at home but I like to go to the gym because if I don't go, I don't run (it's wayyy too hot and humid to do it outside- I live in the tropics 80s, 90+% humidity year round), and C25K was too tough to lost that skill. What's working for you so far to get that motivation?

Zanheltangia: I hope you're feeling better and your sinus infection is mostly done.

Chloekinsicle: don't worry you'll be back at 268 pretty soon. As someon who "gained" 8lbs in a 10day trip, I totally am where you are right now. I've been drinking loads of water and that's really helped with a lot of the water retention that I think was causing my scale to go mental. Ick!- about the stinky client.

Lovelyleah: Congrats on the weight loss this week. Good job with identifying that you don't think it's healthy.Sometimes one gets so excited about seeing the scale change, one ignores health which is a more important consideration. I tend to be pretty low cal during the day and have dinner be my biggest meal in general, but if you're seeing significant changes in appetite with the new medication, it's definitely worth checking out. Here's hoping it's all sorted soon!

Anyway happy belated thanksgiving to all those who celebrated. I don't now that i'm no longer in America but I have wonderful memories of it was always a great time to remember and appreciate my many blessings. I'm glad I'm a Snow Leopard I'm thankful I get to hang out and get to know you guys better over the next few weeks! Go Team Snow Leopards!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #55  

Hey team! Trying to get this chat thread going a little bit more. I just got back from a great workout (30 min elliptical, 15 min rowing) and it's keeping me motivated not to eat out of my calorie range. I really want to see the 260s again soon!

How is everyone doing?
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #56  
Warning 3FC Addict

Welcome back, Toastedsmoke! I'm getting back to a hundred percent, but not quite there yet, thank you ! Sounds like you had a great time

We are a bit quiet, aren't we, Chloe? That's okay as long as everyone is still energized, right ?

Heath, did your sister survive? Great job, working out despite being stressed!

Grats on the losses, Ladies!

I hope you are improving, Leah, hopefully you're health will settle down and you get that appetite back

Well, I am working on updating my coworker's new laptop computer (unpaid , but I gotta start somewhere right? and he's a nice old dude ), and I've done a bit of resume proofreading today for another coworker on my break. And I installed Linux on my parents old computer since XP was running slow and full of spyware/etc yesterday. So I am keeping busy, and maybe after a few more classes I can do a side-business with this. I should actually do something more physical, but I seem to be running on Empty, energy-wise.

Well, I'm off to update spreadsheets and run some more updates.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Hey ladies. So unfortunately I gained over Thanksgiving, but I'm not beating myself up about it and I am back on track! (And down a pound!) Did anyone else go out on Black Friday? I did and it was NUTS! I did manage to get a wii for $100. Now the BF and I have all the systems (Yeah, we're video game nerds lol) Then we went to our local mall, and it got crazy! A ton of cop cars started showing up and driving to the back side of the mall (we were at the front)... Apparently from what people were saying in the mall, someone pulled a gun and a cop pepper sprayed a bunch of people.. WOW black friday is NOT that serious ppl! I'm just glad I was on the opposite side of the mall!

Anyway, now that my crazy story is out of the way lol.. I'll be back at the gym Wednesday. I'm going to re-start the C25K. I really enjoyed it the last time I started it.. so I think it'll be a good thing to start again. How is everyone else doing?!
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #58  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

So...I did not weigh myself this week. My great uncle passed away on Thanksgiving morning. So that's 2 deaths in less than 2 weeks. I am not doing very well at all.
I have actually managed to stay OP today (actually yesterday, but I'm at work and it still feels like Monday), so hopefully next week is good. I am not weighing myself until next Monday though. I hope you all understand.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 AM   #59  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Hey guys - Is it too late to join in?
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #60  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

zanheltangia: Glad you're getting a little better. I'm trying to get a business of the ground in addition to consulting right now and often that involves doing stuff for free for people too. It sucks but one hopes word of mouth etc, repeat business... :/ Hopefully you get your energy mojo back soon.

Mommywannabe: Good job with getting back on track post-thanksgiving! That's what's important. Life happens, it's the getting back on track that's important. Black Friday sounds insane. I never had the courage to even try it out when I lived in America but even then I never heard of mall shoot outs. I mean how much did the person want that item, y'know? Anyway thankfully, you were safe. Yay about restarting C25k! Good luck!

aangel22: I'm so sorry about your great uncle and the other loss you suffered recently. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I think compared to loss of a loved one, the weigh in isn't so important, so please definitely, do what you need to do. I'm sure we all understand. I hope you're getting the support you need in this difficult time. Take care of yourself, girl, ok?

Krizstyling: Hello! It's been a while, but I hope we get to hang out in this challenge again. How've you been?

Hey team. Things have been a little hectic for me. I took a rest day yesterday from exercise and ate pretty much on plan. Today has not been awful but I'm over calorie-wise (by 250ish calories) AND i haven't yet worked out and it's 2.13am and I'm kind of tired and over it even though it's my fault since I've been dressed in workout clothes since 11pm and just sat here doing work, and now hanging out on 3FC. I'm torn between just going to bed, and doing something small. Like just a little bit. Like half the workout I'd planned. I'm not sure. #dilemma

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing okay and wish everyone an awesome rest of the week! Go Go Snow Leopards!!!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote