3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Team Snow Leopard! Chat Thread:

Old 11-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #61
Mini Goal 2- 179lbs

S/C/G: 275/182.5/165

Height: 5'7

Hey team! I ended up not working out yesterday and pulling an all-nighter AND i'm still not done! EEk! I have a tomorrow deadline. I'm already over where I want to be at this point in the day (1103cal and pre-dinner!) AND I'm not sure if I'll be able to work out tonight either. I hope so, though. Even if it's only a little.

It's a little quiet here but I hope everyone is doing great and having an on-plan week. Let's do this, Snow Leopards!

Overall Weight Loss
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #62

toastedsmoke- even getting a little workout is great! I was all prepared to put in an hour after thanksgiving and I was surprised to see my gym was closing early on Friday! I only got in 30 min, but even just a little bit is better than nothing. Sorry to completely hijack your post, I guess exercise gets me talking

I use myfitnesspal and when I workout, it gives me extra calories but I never eat them because I'm terrified of getting up to 2000 calories. Because of my workout, myfitnesspal said I could eat 2100 calories. Since my loss has been a little bit slow, I ate up to 2100 (which I found surprisingly difficult since I ate healthy). And I'm down half a pound! I don't think I could do it everyday, but it helped me realize that sometimes it's good to shake things up.

How is everyone else doing? Go snow leopards!

Starting Weight: 280
Minigoal #1- 260
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #63

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Just a quick check-in! Started W1D1 of C25K tonight at the gym. It kicked my butt, but I'm so glad I did it and did it all the way through. How is everyone else doing?
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #64
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I've been stepping up my workouts this week. I've been waking up in "post-workout-muscles-want-to-kill-me PAIN" all week now. It's kind of refreshing...in a very twisted way.

LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #65
From Lazy to Light!

I posted this in another thread but I just have to post here too because I'm so freakin' excited!

*eek!!!*

I went clothes shopping today because I was in desperate need of pants. I normally wear 15 or 17 juniors. I was in the fitting room with my handful of 15/17's trying them on. Some worked some didn't. I was putting back on my jeans when I noticed they were size 15's and they were kind of baggy. I noticed a pair of jeans that were left in the fitting room by someone before me and they were 13's. I decided to try them on and they fit!! In one afternoon I went from trying on jeans that were 17's to fitting in a pair of 13's. I think the last time I got my thighs into one of those was probably 8th grade. And, just to make sure it wasn't a brand fluke (some brands can be generous) I tried on other 13's and they all fit perfectly. Maybe a little snug but I think that's more because I usually buy a little looser. I can't remember grinning like a fool so much in a fitting room before. Last time I went was in October and I was nearly in tears. YAY!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #66

@LovelyLeah That is AWESOME!! I can't wait to be able to have that kind of moment

W1D2 of C25K done today! Eating was pretty much on track as well!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #67

Leah, that's fantastic! I would *love* to be a size 13. Keep up the good work girl!

mommywannabe- I feel like I've done C25K several times, but only the first few weeks. I'm gonna start up again pretty soon and hopefully make it to week 4. Great job on getting it done!

Ugh, this is the SECOND time in a row I've gone out to dinner! Yesterday was my sister's birthday and we got some awesome Thai food. I think I did ok calorie wise (minus the drinks...oops) but tonight was a challenge: Olive Garden. My grandma can't go out for a big dinner that lasts long, so we went there for my sister's second, low-key birthday dinner. It was hard, but I avoided the fried calamari and cheese dip, and had some soup for an appetizer instead. Amazingly, they have whole wheat pasta, so I got a seafood campellini and ate 1/3 of it (with the whole wheat pasta, of course). It was pretty good! And I've been hitting the gym every day this week for 45 min, so I'm hoping to put up a pretty good number this week. Wow, I'm so good at talking about myself...

How is everyone else doing?

Starting Weight: 280
Minigoal #1- 260

Last edited by girlonfire : 12-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #68
From Lazy to Light!

Chloe & Mommy- It was incredible! I never thought it was possible to smile in fitting rooms. I swear, they are usually death chambers for me. When I shop it's usually get in, get out, and avoid the mirror. Today was just a little NSV that made all the difference.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #69

So today was a rest day for me and holy cow.. can I say SORE! I can def feel the C25K in my hips and legs! I'm actually really excited to go to the gym tomorrow after work. I got some new running shoes as well!

So I had a question for you ladies.. What are your feelings on buying clothing with hopes of fitting into it later on? I ask because I'm going to Chicago with my boyfriend in March and I'm going to need some warm clothing.. but I hate buying new clothes that fit the current me. BUT, I saw a suuuper cute jacket on sale.. the large fits, the medium I can get on but doesnt button.. so I'm wondering, should I buy it while its on sale in a smaller size and hope I'll fit it? OR just wait till its closer to my trip and find something else? Thanks for any advice
Old 12-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #70
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizstyling View Post
Hey guys - Is it too late to join in?
Kriz, I think we're 'bout half way done with this challenge, but stick around! I think we'll adopt ya! Just post Missed for WI 11/19 and 11/26 and wi for 12/3. I don't think anyone will fuss if you joined in now.

I need to go sport bra shopping, ugh! I can't do jumping jacks without the ladies being pissed off and the rest of me going "you can so do more than that!" Anyone in the DD crowd have a favorite brand/style? my oldies aren't cutting it anymore, obviously, haha!

I'm so sorry for your losses, Angel, what a tough time in general! Take some time to reflect and grieve, we'll be here

Mommy, welcome to the world as we know it, right? ugh, makes me want to move to an isolated place and ship in my necessities and wants. But I am a hermit on a good day anyway, so that's not a stretch, lol! I want to get going with the c25k as well, but the motivation is flagging, I better get my but moving though Since it's a jacket, I'd say get it if you can afford to buy another one right before the trip just in case. If not, that's a tricky question. Since you have a time frame and all. But you are in VA, so you'd use it eventually once you get smaller. I dunno!

I hope you meet that deadline, smoke! Sleep's a major need to, ya know!

Congrats, Leah! Those NSV are always awesome!

Chloe, eating out is tough, but it seems to be a must socially sometimes. Grats on attempting to keep it all controlled, with that and the gym time, that's great!

Last edited by zanheltangia : 12-03-2011 at 09:37 AM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #71
From Lazy to Light!

Mommy- That is tricky. I'm usually against it for myself because I tend to lack commitment. I'm not someone who can by a small outfit, hang it up where I can see it and use it as inspiration. However, that is me. I think if it's something that is close to fitting (you can get in it, just not button it) then maybe that'll be okay. You do have a good chunk of time to work on it. I always feel bad when people by a dress for something like a wedding that's 3 sizes too small and the wedding is in only a month away and they think they can do it. But your's seems reasonable.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #72
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

oops...

Weigh In Day!

I nearly forgot to mention it
Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend!
Angel,
Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #73
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Zan, sorry for posting in your teams thread, but get an Enell sports bra. They are expensive but they are incredible. I am a 38G and i put one on and look like a B cup. I can even jump rope without being hit in the face! LOL.

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”

DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #74
From Lazy to Light!

Quote:
I can even jump rope without being hit in the face!
Divine- Haha! That reminds me of my sister. Every time I would run my sister would always yell out "Careful! You don't want to get two black eyes!!!"

Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #75
Mini Goal 2- 179lbs

S/C/G: 275/182.5/165

Height: 5'7

LovelyLeah: Congrats on the size 13! That's awesome! yay! Great NsV.

Chloekinsicle: The body is a strange thing no? Sometimes I eat more and lose weight too. Strange! Good job with finding some moderation at your sister's bday dinner!

Mommywannabe: How's c25k going? Re: the jacket, I think it depends on how comfortable you are owning a winter coat you're not going to be able to button for a while. I tend not to buy necessity clothes I can't fit into with a set goal date to fit in them. I may buy a pair of jeans or a dress on sale in a smaller size as aspiration wear but not something I actually need. If the sale price is good enough, I'd get the one that's smaller, worst case you can use it next year; I would additionally either plan on re-using last year's jacket or looking for a deal around the time you're traveling. And honestly in the New Year, by like February, winter stuff is always really cheap and on sale.

Zanhaltangia: As part of the DD+ club (34G), I highly recommend Enell. Theyre a bit pricey but they're the best American brand I found available for a sports bra. However, once mie got too small I bought a couple of plain minimizer bras, 1 cup size to small and wore both at the same time with a tank top with a built in sports bra (also a size too small) over them. My Enell no longer fits (it was like for 42H ish) but I still do the 2 underwire minimizer bras+sports bra thing when working out. Also I don't really rate the Nike-type brand sports bras by themselves, I think bigger boobs laugh at those!

Things have been going ok for me. I met my deadline but have a couple of new ones for Monday and Thursday next week and I'm exhausted. Today I had aprofessional certification-type exam which I didn't really have time to study for properly, but I think it went well. <fingers crossed> I'll hear in a couple of weeks! I haven't been able to workout till today. I need to find a balance, I'm either eating right or working out a lot, usually one or the other, never the 2! I hope I figure it out soon.

Overall Weight Loss
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.